Dinner Dress- Seaside

JRCBoys

Hi All... considering MSC Seaside for a family cruise. We’ve cruised other lines and I’m just wondering how dressed up everyone gets for regular dinner nights on the Seasude. I have 3 boys (2 are teens)- are long pants a must? Also, how about for the shows? Dressy? Thanks so much!

I saw adults and kids in dressy shorts, like a khaki short. No jean shorts ..... it's not as fancy as you'd think, just no basketball shorts and t-shirts and such. Same for the shows. I had daughters 8 and 10 with me on the Seaside.

I saw adults and kids in dressy shorts, like a khaki short. No jean shorts ..... it's not as fancy as you'd think, just no basketball shorts and t-shirts and such. Same for the shows. I had daughters 8 and 10 with me on the Seaside.

I agree I witnessed the same thing on Seaside in Apr. Not as dressed up as it once was and I am ok with that, you are on vacation you and your kids should be comfortable. collared shirts and no jeans works.

Hi All... considering MSC Seaside for a family cruise. We’ve cruised other lines and I’m just wondering how dressed up everyone gets for regular dinner nights on the Seasude. I have 3 boys (2 are teens)- are long pants a must? Also, how about for the shows? Dressy? Thanks so much!

No they are not on non gala nights.

On our 3 MSC sailings-2 on the Seaside and 1 on Davina- we saw many embarrassed people turned away from the MDR due to their clothing. On formal nights MSC tries extremely hard to enforce the dress code.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

This is true on Formal Nights only I was surrounded by men and boys wearing shorts and polo shirts my entire cruise on the Seaside

Regular dinner there were plenty of people in shorts. No one was turned away. It wasn't as casual as swimwear or workout gear but still a very relaxed dress by many.

Last night for formal night, most boys wore collared shirts and khaki pants or shorts.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regular dinner there were plenty of people in shorts. No one was turned away. It wasn't as casual as swimwear or workout gear but still a very relaxed dress by many.

Last night for formal night, most boys wore collared shirts and khaki pants or shorts.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you say "boys", would that also include teenagers?

We sailed on the Seaside in May and we felt it was the most casual across all the cruise lines we have been on.

Very few suits and dresses on elegant nights walking around the ship. Tons of shorts on other nights.

Can’t comment on MDR enforcement. We were in the Yacht Club and were shocked at some outfits on some nights including elegant nights. Saw one guy with a cutoff tee on elegant night and gym shorts on other nights. No concern to Maitre’d.

What were the women wearing on both casual and formal nights?
On formal nights, gowns and cocktail dresses ( think wedding attire) Non-formal mostly long/short sundresses, nice shirts/pants. No shorts/tees where we sat. Maitre d was trying very hard to keep everybody adhered to the dress code.

Safe sailing

On formal nights, gowns and cocktail dresses ( think wedding attire) Non-formal mostly long/short sundresses, nice shirts/pants. No shorts/tees where we sat. Maitre d was trying very hard to keep everybody adhered to the dress code.

Safe sailing

Thank You I'm looking forward to my cruise with MSC.