Booking Xpedition while on another Celebrity Cruise?

cruisedad2

When is your Celebrity cruise? Xpedition prices tend to go up, up, up. So the onboard discount may be less than the price rise between now and then. Don't know how it would work if you book now and talk to the people on board -- you could always cancel if their deal is better.

ThanK you, Jazz! We go in about three months on another Celebrity cruise. Also, can you tell me the dining times on Xpedition...especially dinner? Would we use any OBC on Xpedition? Thank you so much for your expertise!

I doubt if they would offer any obc or anything for booking on board. They use to give 10% discount to Elite but I don't know if that is still offered. Since there are less than 100 passengers on board and most of the cruises tend to sell out I wouldn't count on getting a deal. Prices tend to go up and not down.

Edited by Bobocasey

They did offer 10% off of the cruise portion of the 11 night trip. Came to about $200.00 off of a $5900.00 fare . Have no idea how they came up with that number. Didn't get the discount while booking on board. It had to come from the Home Office about a week later.

ThanK you, Jazz! We go in about three months on another Celebrity cruise. Also, can you tell me the dining times on Xpedition...especially dinner? Would we use any OBC on Xpedition? Thank you so much for your expertise!

Unless they have changed, Xpedition is all inclusive so unless you were going to buy lost of tshirts what would you use OBC for? We did buy a few shirts and a Xpedition hat. All you want to drink, eat in included as well as entertainment. Nothing really to buy on such a small ship.

• 2 months later...

I just booked the 15 night package on Xpedition for 2017 while I was on the Equinox in July and asked about the booking on board discount or OBC on current sailing offer and I was told there is nothing offered on the Xpedition sailings. They do still offer the elite discount if you are Elite.

that;s more like 3 % than 10%

They did offer 10% off of the cruise portion of the 11 night trip. Came to about $200.00 off of a $5900.00 fare . Have no idea how they came up with that number. Didn't get the discount while booking on board. It had to come from the Home Office about a week later.

Dinner was at 8:15 pm every night after the presentation of the next day's activities and sign ups.

There is virtually nothing to spend money on while on board. I believe there was a spa offering massages, but very little time to use it. There is also a very small gift shop. Our total bill at the end of the cruise was $30 for a hat to replace one that blew away.

When we booked, the Elite and above CC discount was 5% off the actual 7 night cruise rate, not the extra on land portion of the trip. This was confusing, because the booking form we received didn't have the cruise portion itemized. I called the Galapagos desk and they explained why the discount was less than 5% of our total trip cost.

We booked Xpedition for Sept 2017 while on Silhouette in April. No bonus for booking while on board. I think they were offering something for a while, but no longer.

We were on the Infinity in January. A $500 OBC was offered as a booking incentive. DH would not agree on the spot but after three months of "persuasion" he agreed to book on our May Millie cruise. OBC was gone. Future cruise person said demand was high so no more incentives. There were incentives for the new and very expensive combination trips. We did not book immediately but are now looking at other companies in addition to X since there are no incentives to compare the experiences.

• 6 months later...
Hi. Does Celebrity offer any discounts on Xpedition (Galapagos cruise) if it is booked while on another Celebrity cruise? Any other discounts on this cruise or suggestions? Thanks!

We booked March 2018 Xpedition while onboard the Infinity in mid December 2015, within 2 days of the announcement/opening of the itineraries for that period. No discounts or deals. As I understand it, it is basically all inclusive so Drinks Packages, OBC, etc. are not needed and Xpedition is never included in 123Go or Big-Better-Best or similar promotions.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

When we booked onboard in Nov 2014 we received a 500 onboard credit for use on the cruise we were on. They don't always run the OBC special. We also received a 5% discount on the cruise portion of our trip for being a captains club elite member. After we arrived home we transferred out looking to our TA and received an additional gift card to use toward a future purchase since this trip does not have a way to spend OBC.

Hi. Does Celebrity offer any discounts on Xpedition (Galapagos cruise) if it is booked while on another Celebrity cruise? Any other discounts on this cruise or suggestions? Thanks!

No. The benefit is the low deposit. They used to give a 10% discount for Elite Captains Club members. We also received a discount after transferring to our travel agent.

Edited by Jade13

When we booked, the Elite and above CC discount was 5% off the actual 7 night cruise rate, not the extra on land portion of the trip. This was confusing, because the booking form we received didn't have the cruise portion itemized. I called the Galapagos desk and they explained why the discount was less than 5% of our total trip cost.

We did this trip in 2014. When we booked it was 10% off of the entire trip/package including 3 nights in Quito and flights to Galapagos. They no longer offer this Elite discount. They also gave Elite a free massage while onboard.

Edited by Jade13

• 8 months later...

We booked Xpedition on a July 2015 Silhouette sailing in the Baltic for January 2017; there was no discount but the deposit was $250 per person. When we got home, I called the several of the big box agencies. Most offered OBC and couldn't answer when I asked what I was going to spend the OBC on as this cruise is all inclusive. One agency offered $1000 in air credits if we used Choice Air. If we didn't use Choice Air, we were promised a $1000 check on completion of the cruise. Needless to say, that's the TA I transferred the booking to.