"Getaway" Eastern Caribbean advice please...

chapmgx

DH and are doing the Eastern Caribbean on Ncl Getaway in October for our 30th anniversary. We chose this ship after sailing on Ncl Escape last September which was our favorite cruise to date after 17 cruises on 4 different cruise lines. For a more relaxing vacation I would suggest going off season, avoid the pool area by using your own balcony, Spice H2O, and the Waterfront. Food in the specialty restaurants is excellent and O’Sheehans and the buffet are great. MDR is ok. Entertainment and nightlife are excellent.

Having said all that, I feel the need to respond to the Carnival bashers on this thread as we have sailed on Carnival 10 times and also have an upcoming cruise in November on Carnival Glory. Carnival is not nearly as bad as they make it out to be. Yes the older ships show their age as do all older ships on all lines but I have yet to come across a filthy dirty Carnival ship or a “party” ship on Carnival. Carnival is DH’s favorite line to cruise. NCL is currently mine but we both like different things on both lines and have never had a bad cruise on either. IMHO they are more alike than they are different...which is probably why we enjoy them both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums