Toiletries on Infinity

Ergates The Ant

Do you remember what brand? Are they quality products or basic generic stuff? We are sailing out of Vancouver.

I usually bring my own stuff, but got spoilt on P and O, where, despite their many failings, there were delicious White Company products. For any non UK cruisers, this is a high quality and expensive brand, and now appears on my suggestions lists when the children want to know what I'd like for Christmas!

Do you remember what brand? Are they quality products or basic generic stuff? We are sailing out of Vancouver.

I usually bring my own stuff, but got spoilt on P and O, where, despite their many failings, there were delicious White Company products. For any non UK cruisers, this is a high quality and expensive brand, and now appears on my suggestions lists when the children want to know what I'd like for Christmas!

They were Ghilcrest & Soames as I recall. Sometimes they leave the X brand when they're refilling.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks!!! And just to make sure...they will restock if you run out? We are heading on a Trans Atlantic and I am trying to pack a bit more efficiently since it is for so many days!

Yes. Sometimes you steward will do it automatically and sometimes all you need do is ask. I always ask just to be sure.

They also provide shower caps and q-tips and cotton balls and facial tissues.

As previously mentioned, either the items will be restocked automatically as you use them, or else just ask.

If we bring along some post-it notes, there is no need to go chasing down our stateroom attendant because it is easy to leave requests for whatever items we need on the mirror for Celebrity's wonderful magic genie. :halo:

We never see the magic genie arrive or leave, but the next time we return to our cabin, the note is gone and whatever items we requested are there. :D

If only it worked that way at home.

The toiletries are horrible! Poor quality, stuff made in China. I always bring my own, but totally understand what you want to do. Holland America uses Elemis and Windstar uses l'occitaine products, all great. But both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean uses stuff that's very basic and quite harsh. Yes, you will get body wash in addition to the soap, shampoo and conditioner.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

As with so many things -- footstools for your verandah, fluffy robes, body wash -- these are included on more expensive staterooms and are not standard for the type of stateroom you booked, so don't be surprised if the steward can't fulfill your request.
It never hurts to ask. If you are Elite in Captain's Club, like me, we always get the upgraded stuff regardless of your cabin category. But we recently sailed with friends in an inside cabin. They asked and they received.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, shirleygr said:

First time on Celebrity: We are in a CC cabin and leaving tomorrow. Do these cabins have magnifying make up mirrors or do I need to bring one? TIA

Bring yours. No magnifying mirror below Aqua Class that I've ever seen.