Infinity 6136 balcony question

medfordgirl

Quick question about the CC1 cabin 6136...is there a cover over the balcony or are we exposed to the elements and cruisers above us? Oh and anything else you can tell me about this cabin would be welcome... Never been on Infinity.....

OH yeah...can you reserve the specialty restaurants before we cruise without paying for it until we eat there? I want to reserve it now but I want to use OBC to pay for it.

Quick question about the CC1 cabin 6136...is there a cover over the balcony or are we exposed to the elements and cruisers above us? Oh and anything else you can tell me about this cabin would be welcome... Never been on Infinity.....

OH yeah...can you reserve the specialty restaurants before we cruise without paying for it until we eat there? I want to reserve it now but I want to use OBC to pay for it.

The inner 2/3 of the balcony is under deck 7.

The outer 1/3 is visible from those looking down from decks 7, 8 & 9; but it is also under the overhang from deck 10 - so no sun when directly overhead.

OBC from Celebrity can now be used to pay for specialty restaurant reservations online prior to the cruise; but OBC from your TA cannot be used prior to boarding. No reservations without purchasing.

Have a great cruise.

This is the view looking aft from the balcony of 6030. Your cabin is somewhere down the line... WAAY down the line. EM

enhance

This view has absolutely nothing to do with cabin 6136. Why post it? 6136 is nowhere near any lifeboat and cannot even be seen in this view since it is beyond the Celebrity Suite bump out!

This view has absolutely nothing to do with cabin 6136. Why post it? 6136 is nowhere near any lifeboat and cannot even be seen in this view since it is beyond the Celebrity Suite bump out!

I posted it before I realized just how far back 6136 is...EM

6136 is a wonderful cabin in an ideal location, between 2 royal suites, close to the aft elevators and stairs.

Your balcony extends all the way out to the edge of the ship so you have an unobstructed view and can look straight down to the water. There are no lifeboats sticking out below you.

It is very quiet back in that section of the ship.

You should have one of the best stateroom attendants on the ship; the same one who services the adjacent royal suites.

When we stayed in 6136 (a long time ago), our balcony had 2 loungers and a large dining table with 4 chairs, plus 2 small round side tables.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got back from Infinity 6135 (same cabin on the other side of the ship).

It’s about 1/3 covered 2/3 uncovered very large balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

little bummed about that. was hoping the whole balcony would be covered. hope people don't throw stuff at us from above:o:eek:

Why do you think that would happen? :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worried about teenagers, or someone who has had too much to drink. or someone clumsy. I have an overactive brain.... plus we just like our privacy and protection from sun...have to take care of my skin. I live in florida, I have enough sun...and prefer a covered balcony.

worried about teenagers, or someone who has had too much to drink. or someone clumsy. I have an overactive brain.... plus we just like our privacy and protection from sun...have to take care of my skin. I live in florida, I have enough sun...and prefer a covered balcony.

medfordgirl - I have previously taken 12 cruises with a total of 120 days at sea (1 future 15-day cruise also in a balcony) on 4 different cruise lines; 11 of them in a balcony (109 sea days). I've been very fortunate to not have anything happen as you described. You are more likely to deal with your neighbor smoking on their balcony than any of your suggestions. If there was a "situation" to address, I would contact guest services and have it escalated to ship security. You can always film any "bad behavior" with your mobile phone as evidence. I certainly understand taking precautions from the sun exposure, but you chose the stateroom that you have and will have to accept the lack of privacy.

All things said, you have a very nice room and a larger than usual balcony. I would be happy with that selection and plan accordingly for the things within your control.

Enjoy your cruise! :ship: