Zuiderdam

ugotscales

• 4 months later...

Along these lines: HAL website lists a 35 round trip TA; Boston to Rotterdam and return. They also list the 17 day eastbound portion Boston to Rotterdam. BUT, there is no listing for a westbound only option. Any ideas why this would be? Is it just not released yet. I could just call them, but you guys know more!

Has anyone taken the Zuiderdam transatlantic Cruise? I’d like some feedback before booking. I’ve also never cruised HAL. I’ve taken 3 on RCCL and 8 on CCL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Zuiderdam WB TA right now. This is the 20-night Viking Passage, so it’s really all about the ports and adventure than the crossing. It’s not a traditional TA where you may have a few ports in the Med or elsewhere, followed by a relaxing crossing. It’s a great adventure.

What specific feedback are you looking for?

We did the 35-day Round trip TA out of Boston on the Rotterdam and loved it. We hit a port every few days.

We haven't sailed the Zuiderdam, but we did sail its sister ship, Noordam on a 38-day Transpacific, Australia and New Zealand Collectors.

We had daily lectures on the crossing part of cruise.

It's closest in size to the Vision Class ships, especially the Enchantment of the Seas. But w/ fewer cabins. I hear that the Enchantment of the Seas was cut in half and stretched to add more cabins.

We did the Junior Suite on the Enchantment and it's a little smaller than the Signature Suite on the Zuiderdam. The Signature suite has a separate shower as well as a tub. And you'd have to go all the way up to an Owner's Suite for a separate shower on Enchantment. They both offer double loyalty credit.

Having done crossing w/ both several sea days together vs. a port every few days, we'd prefer the port every few days.

Zuiderdam's Voyage of the Vikings (35-day) has the advantage of not needing a transatlantic flight.

If I had to choose, it would be the Zuiderdam over the Rotterdam for many reasons.

You can book a balcony on the Zuiderdam, but the only way for a private balcony on the Rotterdam is via a Suite.

I do like the Explorations Cafe near the dining room on Rotterdam. On Zuiderdam, I've heard they've moved it up to the Crow's Nest and the EXC (shore ex) too.

You can book a balcony on the Zuiderdam, but the only way for a private balcony on the Rotterdam is via a Suite.

What is it that all of the non-inside cabins on Deck 6 (VERANDAH deck) and the aft-most 26 on Deck 7 have?

...OIC, you think because they are calling them Vista Suites that they are suites! But no, you get no suite benefits for booking them. They toss that nomenclature around every so often, but they are still just balcony cabins.

• 4 weeks later...