Scuba girl....please answer!!

Irishgal27

Scuba girl-

We are headed to Nassau in late February mid week and are in port from 7am to 2pm. We are looking for a beach to hang out at with cheap beer and some shade for the older folks, or even a bar for them to sit at on the beach while us youngins get some sun. We are not picky but would like to get off the boat and be in the sun drinkin by 9am. I looked into the BC Hilton, but I think it might be just too quiet for our rowdy group of 10. Any suggestions from you would be greaty appreciated. Thank you

countdown.pl?name=&date=2-22-2009&image=Beach-8&text=&ship=Carnival Valor

Scuba girl-

We are headed to Nassau in late February mid week and are in port from 7am to 2pm. We are looking for a beach to hang out at with cheap beer and some shade for the older folks, or even a bar for them to sit at on the beach while us youngins get some sun. We are not picky but would like to get off the boat and be in the sun drinkin by 9am. I looked into the BC Hilton, but I think it might be just too quiet for our rowdy group of 10. Any suggestions from you would be greaty appreciated. Thank you

BCH bar is closed during the week. so that's probably not where you want to go.

the only place I can suggest is cable Beach.. Either the All inclusive Breezes [$55) (adults Only) or the Wyndham. ($40 with lunch).

Only places you'll find a bar AND a beach.

Of course the other option is to bring a folding cooler, fill it with beer from the local liguor store.. and head to the free beach just outside of town. (1/3 mile west of the port).

the only place I can suggest is cable Beach.. Either the All inclusive Breezes [$55) (adults Only) or the Wyndham. ($40 with lunch).

Of course the other option is to bring a folding cooler, fill it with beer from the local liguor store.. and head to the free beach just outside of town. (1/3 mile west of the port).

My DH and I are going on a B2B cruise on the Majesty this April. We will be in Nassau two days, once day during the week and the other day is Sun (Easter SUN). Since I have read the bar is open on the weekends only, we thought we would go to BCH on SUN and walk around town etc. during the week.

Do you know if they will not have the bar and food open on Easter Sunday? We are leaning toward the Island Marketing deal.

My DH and I are going on a B2B cruise on the Majesty this April. We will be in Nassau two days, once day during the week and the other day is Sun (Easter SUN). Since I have read the bar is open on the weekends only, we thought we would go to BCH on SUN and walk around town etc. during the week.

Do you know if they will not have the bar and food open on Easter Sunday? We are leaning toward the Island Marketing deal.

Sorry, I have no idea. I would assume that bar would be open, but I don't know if any one really knows for sure at this point. There's alot of construction going on at the hotel itself (not the beach/pool) and I dont know how this will affect the Patio Grille.. or even the amount of visitors.

I've been told the beach and pool will remain open.. but the rest is up in the air.

Things change on a regular basis these days.. and all hotels base their day on their occupancy rates and bookings.

Sorry, I have no idea. I would assume that bar would be open, but I don't know if any one really knows for sure at this point. There's alot of construction going on at the hotel itself (not the beach/pool) and I dont know how this will affect the Patio Grille.. or even the amount of visitors.

I've been told the beach and pool will remain open.. but the rest is up in the air.

Things change on a regular basis these days.. and all hotels base their day on their occupancy rates and bookings.

From the people we talked to last weekend it is a scary time. A hotel may be opened or may close at any time. If the Sheraton SHUTS down completely til spring break anything can happen.

Scuba Girl.....what's the name of the free beach? My daughter & her husband are coming in October on a 3 day cruise & cannot afford the all inclusive prices. Thanks in advance

I'm sorry that is the one on GBI... we were told 3 towers were closed at Wyndham/Sheraton complex and that the hotel next door was closed.... So sorry for the incorrect info about the Nassau Sheraton.

Yes, Our Lucaya's Westin/Sheraton complex is the one you are talkng about in Freeport. Westin is getting all guests at this time.

This should change as of Presidents week.

Are there random bars on Cable Beach or only breezes and the Wyndham??? We were hesitant to go to breezes because we heard it isn't open until 10am?? Would we just take a taxi to the free beach and how are the people around it??:o

We were are Wyndham 2 Saturday's ago and other than the complex did not see any "random" bars.... Breezes is open earlier but they may have 10am as to when they allow "day trippers" I would really advise not going to the "Free" beach. Pay a little and be safe.

Are there random bars on Cable Beach or only breezes and the Wyndham??? We were hesitant to go to breezes because we heard it isn't open until 10am?? Would we just take a taxi to the free beach and how are the people around it??:o

No.. no public beach bar. Just those that are part of the cable beach resorts or Breezes.

THe public beaches east of breezes are unsafe. Stick with those with life guards.

Scuba Girl.....what's the name of the free beach? My daughter & her husband are coming in October on a 3 day cruise & cannot afford the all inclusive prices. Thanks in advance

The free beach just outside of town is Lighthouse beach.. It's just around the corner from the Hilton at the edge of town.

No bar or grill, so you should bring your own. There's sometimes a hot dog vendor cart with soda.. but he's not always around.

I'm looking for the same answer. Two adults wanting a relaxing beach day in Nassau. Sunning on a nice sandy beach, swimming, possible snorkeling and some cold beer would be ideal. :cool:

It looks like our choices are: :confused:

An all inclusive such as Breezes that charges per person for beach and pool access. Are food and all drinks included in the price? Any other amenities.

A public beach like Cabbage Beach with a stop at a local store for some cold beer on the way. Any other public beaches worth recommending? Best way to get there? Taxi?

The Hilton with a quiet beach and pool, bar on weekends only (not Friday).

I'm looking for the same answer. Two adults wanting a relaxing beach day in Nassau. Sunning on a nice sandy beach, swimming, possible snorkeling and some cold beer would be ideal. :cool:

It looks like our choices are: :confused:

An all inclusive such as Breezes that charges per person for beach and pool access. Are food and all drinks included in the price? Any other amenities.

A public beach like Cabbage Beach with a stop at a local store for some cold beer on the way. Any other public beaches worth recommending? Best way to get there? Taxi?

The Hilton with a quiet beach and pool, bar on weekends only (not Friday).

I believe that the Hilton BAR is open on Friday.. as part of the "weekend".

Best way to get to Breezes is the #10 jitney ($1.25)

Best way to get to Cabbage Beach with a cooler full of beer - Cab.

If you want to pick up beer on Paradise Island. - Take the ferry and pick it up on the short walk to the beach.

Hilton is just a few blocks from the Port.. No need for transportation.

Is there a convenient place to pick up beer on Paradise Island? I think I'm leaning that way but want to present DW with options. :)

There's a liquor store just across from the marina Village in the shopping plaza. Beer runs' about $2 ea. Expensive in the bahamas.

Which one out of all these choices has the Clearest, CALMEST, sandy bottom beach? Also, I'm guessing these choices are closest to the port. I am willing to taxi to a beach that has all of the above, and chair, floats, and umbrella rentals, as well as some food & drink options. Thanks! :)

Also looking for more info on Breezes or something similar. We will be arriving to Nassau 8 am on a Saturday. I would love to relax on a beach with clear water and beer available with something to eat. And it would have to be easy to get to as this is our first time and we are CHICKENS! I would not mind paying a flat rate for all inclusive, but really...will it be all inclusive? How far is it from the port? Thanks for the help!

Archived