plane2port--Living on the Royal Princess--Final Pricing

plane2port

Vacation schedule and pricing sometimes does not match.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I certainly am aware of this. For years all my vacations were planned around the academic calendar. I've taken many Thanksgiving and Spring Break cruises!

My original thinking when I first started this series was that there is a subset of cruisers who have the time to to stay on cruiseships for a good part of the year. I was just wondering about the economics of doing so.

I certainly am aware of this. For years all my vacations were planned around the academic calendar. I've taken many Thanksgiving and Spring Break cruises!

My original thinking when I first started this series was that there is a subset of cruisers who have the time to to stay on cruiseships for a good part of the year. I was just wondering about the economics of doing so.

You are right. It is useful for them.

Edited by easyboy

There have been stories of pax who live on the ship for the entire year. Usually the story is about an older lady who is widowed. We have been on ships where pax have boarded for B2B2B2B...2B for a duration of weeks if not months. We did have table mates, two older women from the Boston area, that were spending several months on board the ship. They said it was cheaper than renting an apartment in southern FL and much easier. We just finished a B2B that lasted 29 days and I could get used to it very easy!

I have always thought the cheapest way to live on cruise ships is to track last minute opportunities on *************** and have a travel allowance for airfare and Hotwire lodging to travel to ports with cheapest per cabin stats. Many hover in the $29-39 per night range for interiors. You would just need to be flexible about where you sail and on which ship and line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have always thought the cheapest way to live on cruise ships is to track last minute opportunities on *************** and have a travel allowance for airfare and Hotwire lodging to travel to ports with cheapest per cabin stats. Many hover in the $29-39 per night range for interiors. You would just need to be flexible about where you sail and on which ship and line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think you are right that this is the cheapest way to go. And I may investigate this strategy on my next go 'round. You would have to be willing to spend a week or so on land occasionally if no cheap opportunities arose. I too have been intrigued by those super low rates! $30 a night per person plus gratuities would be $85/night for a couple sharing an inside cabin. At those rates many retirees could afford to do perpetual cruising. But of course you can't count on getting this rate all the time.

There have been stories of pax who live on the ship for the entire year. Usually the story is about an older lady who is widowed.

On the CB last Jan, there was an old lady who, we were told by the Cust. Relations Mgr, is practically living on Princess ships, and either a tenant or owner of building of Princess' CA office. She is always the MTP of every cruise she is on. Could be the same widow you are referring to.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

There have been stories of pax who live on the ship for the entire year. Usually the story is about an older lady who is widowed. We have been on ships where pax have boarded for B2B2B2B...2B for a duration of weeks if not months. We did have table mates, two older women from the Boston area, that were spending several months on board the ship. They said it was cheaper than renting an apartment in southern FL and much easier. We just finished a B2B that lasted 29 days and I could get used to it very easy!

Really? We sailed throughout Nov & by the time we left the ship the most exciting thing to look forward to was what's for the next meal.

When you look through a patter & the only thing you can circle for the days activities are the meals it's time for a break.

There comes a point when even a good thing becomes to much. ;)

Really? We sailed throughout Nov & by the time we left the ship the most exciting thing to look forward to was what's for the next meal

I did 10 days on royal in november, and I'm being generous

-- it was ok.

There is no way I would give up $5-6,000 for more of the same.