Port or Starboard side to see the ocean in bermuda?

Sim1979

I've booked a cruise in bermuda in october and i was wondering what side should our room be to have a view of the ocean during overnight stay?

We're docked at the Royal Naval Dockyard and i was wondering if there was a defined space/side for the escape to dock or it's pretty much random...

Reports are that it is pretty random and unpredictable as to which side of the ship NCL docks in Bermuda. Someone in another thread mentioned that they live in Bermuda and pass the dockyard on their way to work every day and that it is different every time. And just when they think they have a pattern worked out, the pattern gets broken.

Thanks for answers :)

Jamie, it seems we'll be on the same cruise :)

Yay!!! Only 60 days to go! Which side are you booked on now? We are on the port side. Oddly enough, through no planning on our part, we will have been on the port side on all three of our cruises thus far and are booked port side for our next two cruises after this (Bliss in February and Encore in November 2019). Even when we got a GTY interior room and upgraded to a balcony through the upgrade program on the Gem, we ended up port side.

I'm port, BB, 12th deck Aft-Mid.

Waiting for my bid on a Mini (bid poor range though, don't expect much out of that)

You might still win it. There seem to be a lot of family mini-suites left on deck 9. MB and MC are in GTY now, but there are fourteen MAs available, five M6s, and six M9s.

We are in one of the angled balconies on deck 13, so we are not going to risk bidding on a mini and losing out on the bigger balcony. We did put in a couple of minimum bids for H5s and H9s, just for fun.

Reports are that it is pretty random and unpredictable as to which side of the ship NCL docks in Bermuda. Someone in another thread mentioned that they live in Bermuda and pass the dockyard on their way to work every day and that it is different every time. And just when they think they have a pattern worked out, the pattern gets broken.

Yeppers, this is true! This week Escape is docked port side.

Last week it was starboard side.

I don't pass dockyard (we live in Warwick) but I drive along Harbour Road and can see the ships berthed at dockyard across the Sound.

Last Oct we were on the Getaway transatlantic from Copenhagen to Miami and stopped in Bermuda (overnight) and we had the port side cabin. As we neared the dock we were outside on balcony and I was saying "port port port please port port port", and surely enough the ship rotated 180 and docked port side :D

Then, as we docked we were able to see our son who was working on the NCL Ferry!

We ticked off our bucket list that we sailed into and out of Bermuda on a ship :D

Edited by bluesea777

Yeppers, this is true! This week Escape is docked port side.

Last week it was starboard side.

I don't pass dockyard (we live in Warwick) but I drive along Harbour Road and can see the ships berthed at dockyard across the Sound.

Last Oct we were on the Getaway transatlantic from Copenhagen to Miami and stopped in Bermuda (overnight) and we had the port side cabin. As we neared the dock we were outside on balcony and I was saying "port port port please port port port", and surely enough the ship rotated 180 and docked port side :D

Then, as we docked we were able to see our son who was working on the NCL Ferry!

We ticked off our bucket list that we sailed into and out of Bermuda on a ship :D

I've been keeping track and would have to check notes but pretty sure last week was also port side.

Early this season it was pretty much S, S, S, P until last few weeks it has been different (inverse). I'm guessing here that captain changed.

Interestingly enough if your cabin overlooks the dock what you see beyond the Dockyard is the ocean. If your cabin does not overlook the dock then the view is of Great Sound and past that Spanish Point and North Shore Village. There really is no bad view. Those sunsets over the Dockyard are beautiful.