Social Dancing

04111950kennedy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Are they any cruise lines that have a bar or lounge that has social dancing (similar to ballroom dancing)? Holland America used to have a 3 piece combo playing in the Ocean Lounge but I have heard that they don’t have that anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got off the Zaandam and they had 3 piece combo with dance floor in Ocean Bar. Singer Scott was very good but transferred over to another ship our last day. On way to another Alaskan HAL. Stryker is the BEST but not sure where he is now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Caribbean Princess had excellent combos in more than one venue with adequate dance floors back in 2010, and I see that the ship will host a rock-and-roll group and a swing dance group in February 2019, so I assume the dance floors are still there. The last few years I have sailed with the Jazzdagen group on Holland America, but the dance floor in front of the stage in the showroom was eliminated, and I have heard this is happening on the other HAL ships, so I am no longer booking on that line. I would go on Cunard if it still had the wonderful service and food it used to, and would go on Crystal again if it had not raised fares when it went "all-inclusive" (I don't drink,) so choices are limited. The only Celebrity cruise I tried had but a postage-stamp dance floor that held two couples at most, so I would be interested in referrals to Celebrity ships that offer a more spacious floor and daily dancing.