Letter for embarking

lele100

I know people have posted in the past regarding letter from carnival saying to show up at 1:00 pm for their cruise I just received one too for this Saturday however they are saying that it is because of routine tests has anyone received a letter like this? Here it is

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Breeze. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

Saturday, following the completion of the debarkation process for the previous voyage, we will be conducting routine tests aboard the Carnival Breeze. Consequently, boarding for your cruise is expected to run a bit behind schedule.

As a result, check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM. For your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited at our cruise terminal, please do not arrive for check-in prior to 1:30 PM. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

We rec'd the same letter before our Jan 4th cruise. We showed up at 10:30 because we had a 3 hour ride and wanted to leave enough time in case we had any trouble on the way - we were allowed to board before noon. If you get there early you may very well be able to board early... but if you can't get on until 1:30 then you won't be able to complain to anyone. I believe that there really was testing. The had letters that they were handing out to you when we checked in that also said boarding would be delayed.

Received the same message today. If this were true our sailing would also be delayed instead of sailing on time at 4:00. I'm still showing up at 10:00.

01/18/2014 CARNIVAL BREEZE

01/19/2013 CARNIVAL FANTASY

01/07/2012 CARNIVAL DREAM

09/26/2010 CARNIVAL PRIDE

01/04/2009 COSTA FORTUNA

11/09/2008 CARNIVAL LEGEND

10/20/2007 CARNIVAL GLORY

10/28/2006 CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

12/05/2004 CARNIVAL MIRACLE

10/29/2000 PARADISE

10/01/1998 TROPICALE

01/17/1997 ECSTASY

09/29/1995 ECSTASY

We're cruising this Saturday. Just received an email from CCL re. our upcoming cruise & on the form it said to arrive between 2 & 3:30 to avoid the rush. Yeah, right!

We leave on the dream this Saturday and got this one too! I thought the same thing. Yeah right! Lol

They are likely just trying to reduce the number who show early. Unfortunately they have to realize that a lot of people will have little choice other than to arrive early. If your plane is arriving that morning, you likely booked one to arrive early. What can you do with just a couple hours to kill, when you have luggage to haul around with you. Same if you stayed at a hotel the night before. Check out will almost surely be 11 am. If you don't go to the pier, what else do you do?. Given a choice between sitting around the airport or a hotel lobby to kill time vs heading to the ship, and possibly getting on-board early, most are going to line up at the pier.

This is not the standard letter about 1pm, it is possible you will have a delay. You certainly can ignore it and get there early, but its possible you may not be able to board until 1:30pm.. As long as you do not mind, if you have to wait, go early.. you may board early, or you may board late... People who say I always get there early and always board early, are lucky, as I have been on two cruises where the notified us in advance of late boarding, and it was true boarding did not start until after 12:30 on one, and after 1pm on another, but if things go well, they may board earlier in your case

maybe the test they are conducting is to see if pushing the suggested arrival time to 1:30 from 1:00 makes a difference.

unless you're driving to the port, you are either bound by flight times or hotel check out times...nothing better to do than head to port!

if the letter works for even 20% of passengers that get it, it does reduce congestion for the rest of us arriving as others are still getting off the ship :-)