Loved grand turks

fletchers5

I had read reviews on cruise critic about the Grand Turks. A lot of people said to not go past the port.

This island has 6000 people living on it. 7 miles long. All Beaches are public. The crime rate is extremely low.

Please don't listen to the reviews. Get off the boat and go explore. The Grand Turks was awesome. We rented golf carts and a 4 wheeler and cruised around. We stopped at different spots and checked out the beaches. The water is Beautiful. You could walk for hours on the beach.

I will agree there isn't much on the island. Couple of small bars. Couple of local tourist shopping. Other than that, nothing but BEAUTIFUL beaches. I could have stayed there for days. The water is crystal clear with decent snorkeling. Besides Bermuda, Grand Turks is one of my favorite stops.

Agree! We never have problem having a port stop in Grand Turk! :)

I have a friend who will book a cruise that includes Grand Turk because it's one of her husband's two favorite Caribbean ports of call and they've cruised all over the Caribbean.

LuLu

Girlfriend and I love Grand Turk. We will be on our third cruise next month and third time in Grand Turk. I don't know what it is about Grand Turk but it's our favorite port.

Edited by prophet0621

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to piggy back this thread but i searched Grand Turk and this came up.

I'm keen to hear any opinions.

I've booked 2 Carnival cruises (first time on carnival).

I have 3 weeks before the cruise out of Miami so am thinking of adding the cruise from Miami (so it would make it a B2B on Glory) to Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and back to Miami.

The other Glory one goes to Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Grand Cayman. Is that too much the same??

I don't know this area at all and haver just started researching.

I'm a bit worried that I may be overdoing the cruise time, especially as i have not been on carnival before. I'm not a fussy person, as long as the food and service is good, I'm happy.

Any opinions, comments welcome.

Thanks.

Lynne (and Ian- hubby)

• 4 weeks later...
Is that too much the same??

Not at all. The East and West cruises are very much different experiences for both scenery and people groups.

As with any of the cruise lines we've sailed on (6 different ones to date, each mulitple times), there are inconsistencies in level of service, ship appointments and food quality. But at the end of the day when people ask which one was my favorite, the answer is always the same: 'the next one'. So if you're not fussy and remember you're on vacation and things won't always be perfect, but you are on vacation, I wouldn't give it a second thought that you're on Carnival (we leave on our next Carnival cruise in Sept).

You'll have traveled a long ways to get to Miami so kick back and relax and enjoy the B2B.

Grand Turk is our favorite port so far! We also rented a golf cart and rode all over the island. We saw the museum and jail, stopped at a gas station and bought a few local fruit flavored sodas, went to the light house and stopped at a few beaches where there was nobody there except us. After several hours of exploring we dropped off the golf cart and went to the beach inside the terminal. It was fun swimming in that beautiful water with the ship right behind us. We shared a order of nachos from Margaritaville before making our way back to the ship. We loved it there and wished we would of had more time!

Not at all. The East and West cruises are very much different experiences for both scenery and people groups.

As with any of the cruise lines we've sailed on (6 different ones to date, each mulitple times), there are inconsistencies in level of service, ship appointments and food quality. But at the end of the day when people ask which one was my favorite, the answer is always the same: 'the next one'. So if you're not fussy and remember you're on vacation and things won't always be perfect, but you are on vacation, I wouldn't give it a second thought that you're on Carnival (we leave on our next Carnival cruise in Sept).

You'll have traveled a long ways to get to Miami so kick back and relax and enjoy the B2B.

Great response and I couldn't agree more.

We loved it also. We explored the whole island. Now the bad... we rented a moped outside the cruise terminal. It had issues at the light house but we got it started with the help of a taxi driver. It broke down half way and we tipped a guy to fix it on the side of the road. Remember there is nothing there and no business near by. We got it going, drove to the stand and got a new moped, which promptly broke down lol. I walked to a nearby each bar and drank while my poor hubby walked it back to the stand. Hubby had to really argue to get any money back. So be careful, we have rented quite a few mopeds in our time and never had this glorious experience. Luckily drinks on the beach made us forget all this...