Price Drop Question - help please!

I am sorry to be asking this, I have checked many other threads on Price Drops but my specific question doesn't seem to have come up.

I've managed to secure a number of price drops without any trouble with RC before -- until now.

I booked a single Oceanview cabin for my dad for an upcoming cruise (July 2017 -- long ways to go). He is a gold member only so no real perks. His booking was made during a 30% off promo but that is the only promo applied to it.

The current promo is also 30% off and currently the same category of Oceanview cabins is coming in at $100/person less, or a savings of $200 for him (as a solo cruiser).

He has phoned twice to have this applied. The first time they said that it would cost him $7 more than his current booking and the second time they said that it's only available for new customers and they can't apply it to his booking.

On the one hand, this makes some sense, but on the other hand, I'm sure I've done the exact same thing before -- and I'm also certain that you get 'whatever promo is on now' when you get a price drop, and lose whatever incentives you may (or may not have) had previously. Since he has absolutely no incentives to lose, it makes no sense for them not to move him to the lower price!!

He is getting tired of arguing in circles and I don't want him to keep fighting a losing battle, if I am indeed mistaken in my knowledge of the price drop rules.

Please could someone clarify this for me? It is greatly appreciated.

Edited by londongal796

He sure should be able to get it.

Sounds like that first rep wasn't even looking at the promo price..

Have him call again.

3 reps=3 different answers

Not sure what number he's calling but have him call C&A for help..1-877-812-3609

Edited by PH8

I am sorry to be asking this, I have checked many other threads on Price Drops but my specific question doesn't seem to have come up.

I've managed to secure a number of price drops without any trouble with RC before -- until now.

I booked a single Oceanview cabin for my dad for an upcoming cruise (July 2017 -- long ways to go). He is a gold member only so no real perks. His booking was made during a 30% off promo but that is the only promo applied to it.

The current promo is also 30% off and currently the same category of Oceanview cabins is coming in at $100/person less, or a savings of $200 for him (as a solo cruiser).

He has phoned twice to have this applied. The first time they said that it would cost him $7 more than his current booking and the second time they said that it's only available for new customers and they can't apply it to his booking.

On the one hand, this makes some sense, but on the other hand, I'm sure I've done the exact same thing before -- and I'm also certain that you get 'whatever promo is on now' when you get a price drop, and lose whatever incentives you may (or may not have) had previously. Since he has absolutely no incentives to lose, it makes no sense for them not to move him to the lower price!!

He is getting tired of arguing in circles and I don't want him to keep fighting a losing battle, if I am indeed mistaken in my knowledge of the price drop rules.

Please could someone clarify this for me? It is greatly appreciated.

What country are you booking from?

Have him call again.

Not sure what number he's calling but have him call C&A for help..1-877-812-3609

Thanks -- I'll get him to try again. I thought we were doing it right and the staff were just being ridiculous... you know how it is!!

What country are you booking from?

Totally relevant question since I live in the UK but I did make the booking via the US side of things (I am a US Citizen and my dad lives in the US). So the 'normal' rules apply (not the crazy UK ones)

Thanks -- I'll get him to try again. I thought we were doing it right and the staff were just being ridiculous... you know how it is!!

Totally relevant question since I live in the UK but I did make the booking via the US side of things (I am a US Citizen and my dad lives in the US). So the 'normal' rules apply (not the crazy UK ones)

just cancel and rebook

The first one is very likely wrong but the second one could be true - not new customers but new bookings only. Some promos are limited to new bookings only - though that can be waived.

Have him call again.

I tried editing but too late.

This is the number I call for C&A...use it instead.

800-526-9723

Good luck

Update:

So I was using a certain website to monitor price drops and one of the features is that they 'grey out' sold-out cabin categories. I am aware of this but unfortunately the computer I was viewing the price drop on did not display this very well... So I didn't realise that the price drop was for a DIFFERENT category.

As it turns out though, the tip about calling Crown & Anchor was super helpful as the representative managed to get him an $18 price drop and ALSO offered to rebook him in the lower category if he preferred -- he decided to keep his cabin and just take the $18 drop, which was really nice of them.

It is 100% my mistake but I am aware that it is same category scenario, I just didn't see there was a faded category and thought there was only just the one open... anyway... I REALLY appreciate everyone's help and am super grateful for your advice. I was so certain that you could book if it was the same category etc but it was my mistake for viewing the screen wrong!!!

Update:

So I was using a certain website to monitor price drops and one of the features is that they 'grey out' sold-out cabin categories. I am aware of this but unfortunately the computer I was viewing the price drop on did not display this very well... So I didn't realise that the price drop was for a DIFFERENT category.

As it turns out though, the tip about calling Crown & Anchor was super helpful as the representative managed to get him an $18 price drop and ALSO offered to rebook him in the lower category if he preferred -- he decided to keep his cabin and just take the $18 drop, which was really nice of them.

It is 100% my mistake but I am aware that it is same category scenario, I just didn't see there was a faded category and thought there was only just the one open... anyway... I REALLY appreciate everyone's help and am super grateful for your advice. I was so certain that you could book if it was the same category etc but it was my mistake for viewing the screen wrong!!!

Glad C&A could help...........keep that number in you phone!:p

Called my travel agent and let them fight it. They are a very large on line agent and always seem to win the battles. Just got 200 reduced from our Jan 14 Anthem cruise.

There would be no need for a battle if the price drop was legit and you were entitled to it........anyone should be able to accomplish the same(on their own or through their agent,no matter how big or small)

Edited by PH8

So I was using a certain website to monitor price drops and one of the features is that they 'grey out' sold-out cabin categories.

Not always the case - for some time now, that site's info has been limited to mostly one sub category per cabin type - even if the others are not sold out (shows price for I category only and the other OVs are greyed out when in fact H cabins are still available).