MSC Transportation

pmfan

My only experience was this:

We're cruising from Germany, land in Hamburg Friday & embark in Kiel Saturday. Transportation & hotel were overpriced. I booked everything on my own for half the price.

Interested in hearing from those who have used the MSC transportation to/from the port. What were your experiences like? Looking at pick up in the Clearwater area.

What is Clearwater? You don't need MSC transport in US port. Taxi is cheap and fast or Uber.

I agree. I wanted to book MSC transfer from Port of Miami to Miami International. For the three of us it would have been $60, while a cab on the same route would be around $30. We decided for the latter. Even the MSC agent said the same that catching a cab is way easier.

I have the same question. I understand MSC is contracting to have bus service for Florida cities to the Port Of Miami. At one time this was very common. I have used it for NCL, but then it was discontinued. I was very surprised to hear MSC was going to do it!

I received free transportation from Clearwater, FL to the Miami port. So, I took advantage of that deal. Just looking for others who have did this and what their experiences were.

How did you get that. Was it a advertised perk? I live in Sarasota and would love free transport to Miami and back.

How did you get that. Was it a advertised perk? I live in Sarasota and would love free transport to Miami and back.

Yes, they are having a 2 for 1 deal with free transportation and they do status match which makes us Black Card.

One of their pick up places is Sarasota. We booked the Jan.3, 2018 sailing. Great ports! Check it out https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/cruise-deals/top-deals/MSC-Divina-Long-Caribbean-Cruises.aspx :D

I believe MSC goes through ESCOT Bus Service, which is the old Cruise Connection Bus Service. We've used them many times. They have designated places at pick-up points in different cities. We usually pick it up in Port Charlotte off of Kings Highway. Some of the buses go to Ft. Lauderdale, and some go to Miami. Sometimes, depending on how full the bus gets, they will drop people off in Ft. Lauderdale, and then go on to Miami from there.

I'm booked on Seaside for January 2018, but we didn't get the deal on that ship where your bus transportation is included. I wish it was because from where we are (Port Charlotte area), it's $90.00 per person for the bus to get us there, and back. It's actually less than driving, because that would be $140.00 for parking, and probably about $50.00 in gasoline, and it doesn't matter anyways, because my husband hates to drive, and I'm not driving in downtown Miami. lol I believe it was only Divina that had that offer, however, with Seaside, they're offering $50 OBC, free dining drinks, and one of their packages of wi-fi is free (I think it's like the $40ish one).

Anyways, the buses are really nice if that's what you happen to get. Some are suppose to have free wi-fi on them, but our bus didn't have that. However, they have t.v.s, and the driver usually puts on a movie after the last stop, and by the time the movie is over, you're at the port. We just used their service in October of last year.

A taxi or Uber may be cheaper from MIA to the port of Miami only if traveling in a group. I am traveling alone. I heard that a taxi is $25 for 1 person or $18 on the transfer bus. To me it makes sense to go with the transfer.

A taxi or Uber may be cheaper from MIA to the port of Miami only if traveling in a group. I am traveling alone. I heard that a taxi is $25 for 1 person or $18 on the transfer bus. To me it makes sense to go with the transfer.

Oh, I thought she said she was leaving from Clearwater, which is way over here on the Gulf side of Florida. Can't imagine what an Uber would cost to take someone to the other side of Florida. I thought those were only if you were traveling some place more local to where you already are. Oh, and a bus..... geez.... wonder how many days that would take to get you from here to there?