Bid or Guarantee

Teegiee

Hello,

new to all this bidding thing for an upgrade.

We got our email to bid this morning. We are an inside deck 5. After looking on the NCL site we see the guarantee balcony cabins are basically going for the same price we paid for our inside. Should we bid for an upgrade or can we call NCL and ask to upgrade there? Are guarantees worth it or too much of a risk? I don't want to be stuck in a horrible room.

Hello,

new to all this bidding thing for an upgrade.

We got our email to bid this morning. We are an inside deck 5. After looking on the NCL site we see the guarantee balcony cabins are basically going for the same price we paid for our inside. Should we bid for an upgrade or can we call NCL and ask to upgrade there? Are guarantees worth it or too much of a risk? I don't want to be stuck in a horrible room.

All bids are for guarantee rooms, so you aren't going to be able to choose either way. If you call to upgrade, you will know for sure you are getting upgraded but you'll lose any onboard promotions you may have such as Free at Sea if it's a Sail Away Rate. If you bid, you may not get upgraded at all but you'll keep all promotions you currently have in the event you do get upgraded.

There is a thread on the first page about upgrades that covers this.

You will see that many people just call in and BUY an upgrade to another cabin.

If you bid - maybe, maybe not.

If you buy it, you get it.

I had booked Balcony Guarantee a few times and was very happy with all of them. As a matter a fact, once they gave me Family Mini suite with balcony, and I was cruising solo. I was a bit shocked but very happy. The locations of all my balcony guarantees were great.

I always get a guarantee, either an inside or balcony. I had never purchased ocean view cause for me its not worth the extra money. Balcony is worth it, not ocean view.

We were on escape last year with friends that had guarantee balcony and they were basically in one of the restaurants. It was so bad that they switched rooms halfway through cruise!