Luggage Valet in Fort Lauderdale- participating airlines?

CRUISER94044

Are you actually asking about Luggage Valet, the service which ships your luggage direct from the ship direct to your home via common carrier?

Or EZ-Check which checks your bag with your airline and prints your boarding pass on the ship the night before disembarkation.

Obviously assuming the latter I vaguely recall seeing Virgin America on the form on at leat one recent cruise from Port Everglades. Hopefully someone has the form to share from this season. Or I'll be on Royal Princess in 2 weeks and can see.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just got off the Caribbean Princess and did EZ check. I have a form because they overcharged me and I need to settle with with Jet Blue. Participating airlines:

Alaska Airlines

American Airlines

Delta (domestic only)

Jet Blue (from FLL only)

United

Southwest

Luggage Valet is a fairly expensive service where your luggage is shipped by a shipping service to/from the ship and your home. I believe the cost starts at $99/bag and goes up depending on the bag’s weight and distance. Airline doesn’t matter as your bag is shipped via DHL or similar shipping service.

I just got off the Caribbean Princess and did EZ check. I have a form because they overcharged me and I need to settle with with Jet Blue. Participating airlines:

Alaska Airlines

American Airlines

Delta (domestic only)

Jet Blue (from FLL only)

United

Southwest

Reminds me that I should write Princess and your favorite airline (all Canadian cruisers should) to lobby to get this setup for Canadian destinations. Flying to Canada from US airports is just like flying domestic as we don't clear customs/immigration until we land. I don't see why it couldn't be handled like domestic.

That aside, if I had more than carry-on and was flying to BUF and driving home from there I would use it.

PS - I realize it is not Princess' call.

Reminds me that I should write Princess and your favorite airline (all Canadian cruisers should) to lobby to get this setup for Canadian destinations. Flying to Canada from US airports is just like flying domestic as we don't clear customs/immigration until we land. I don't see why it couldn't be handled like domestic.

That aside, if I had more than carry-on and was flying to BUF and driving home from there I would use it.

PS - I realize it is not Princess' call.

Holland America's version of EZ-Check allows you to check through bags to international destinations as long as the first leg of travel is on a US carrier. So if you were flying say FLL-ATL-YYZ on Delta after a HAL cruise you would be good to go.

So it may be at least partially Princess' call.

Holland America's version of EZ-Check allows you to check through bags to international destinations as long as the first leg of travel is on a US carrier. So if you were flying say FLL-ATL-YYZ on Delta after a HAL cruise you would be good to go.

So it may be at least partially Princess' call.

Interesting - especially since same parent co. But I wouldn't book a connection, just to be able to use EZ-Check... LOL.

Hi all,

Thanks to all of you for your replies. Yes, I am referring to EZ check, not a true luggage valet. It looks like Virgin America may not be one of the options, although they have just merged with Alaska Airlines I believe. The airline just sent notice that my 10:30 am flight has been changed to 7:15 pm... so we are looking at options to spend the day. Thanks all!

Please forgive a somewhat-on-topic thread highjack...

Maybe it’s noted on the form cr8tiv1 has or someone else knows: can EZ Check via SWA in Fort Lauderdale be used if your return flight isn’t until really early the day AFTER the cruise is completed??

Thanks in advance for any and all insight!!

Please forgive a somewhat-on-topic thread highjack...

Maybe it’s noted on the form cr8tiv1 has or someone else knows: can EZ Check via SWA in Fort Lauderdale be used if your return flight isn’t until really early the day AFTER the cruise is completed??

Thanks in advance for any and all insight!!

If it is like in Seattle, no, you can't do a Southwest flight on the next day. I've got an old EZ-Chek form from Lauderdale that doesn't say anything about it but it's 4 years old so may not have the latest info. Hopefully someone can give you up-to-date FLH info.

Tom

Thank you Tom; I’m hoping for the best but not expecting we can get next-day EZ Check. However, I’d sure like to know one way or the other so I can better plan!

You cannot do next day EZ-CHECK. Say right on the form flight must be no later than 11:59 PM day of disembarkation.

If you have independently made air reservations, be sure you add them to your Personalizer. Then you should receive a letter during the cruise with details & a form to complete. DO IT ASAP as there appear to be limitations on how many can be accommodated. DO bring an extra copy of your air return reservation as I’ve been asked for that too.

We would like to take advantage of the EZ check. Do you have to sign up before the cruise? I thought I read somewhere that you must do this at the pursers desk while on the ship? Thanks

You do not sign up before your cruise. But it is all but essential to have entered your flight information into your cruise personalizer or else you may not receive the disembarkation form with the EZ-CHECK sign up in your cabin before the deadline. Also if you did not, and no one else is on your flight your airline may not be listed.

I am now fighting with JetBlue, BagsInc, and Princess. Although I included an itinerary which clearly stated that my first bag was included (Blue Plus), I was charged an addition $25. for my first bag. Purser's desk could not do anything. JetBlue at the airport and by phone can not see a charge and needs more information. Princess 800 checked with further uppers....Final decision, I have to submit a letter to Customer Service with all of my information so that they can "review" this charge. Sent an email to Bags,Inc just now.

Be sure to carry hard copies of everything....cruise, credits, itinerary, hotel information...everything.

I had highlighted everything on the form and on my itinerary which went to blind eyes.

We used EZ Check in October in FLL. Just one note - we loved the service, well worth the $25 per person to not have to handle our luggage. But the boarding passes printed on board the ship by Princess were scanned as invalid by the TSA, so we had to get out of line, troop back upstairs to the Southwest desk, and get new boarding passes. Just a minor inconvenience, not a deal-breaker!