Sticker shock new Bliss Haven/suites

collectingcoke

just got off the getaway in a H-4 2 bedroom family suite, we paid 8,000. While onboard went to cruise next desk to look at the haven suites on the new Bliss for 2019. I couldn’t believe it when she looked it up and like it was nothing said they start at 17,000.00. Over 20,000 for deluxe owners suites. That’s for Alaska for Caribbean it’s a little less. That’s crazy.

Try booking the 21-night LA to NYC Panama Canal cruise and tell me if those prices are "high." You get what you pay for.

We booked the Miami to LA Panama Canal sailing (15 night) for March '19 within the first few days they opened up - snagged an H2 for what now appears to be a decent price (still not cheap) at least compared to some of the prices I see for the remaining cabins!

Tom

Yeah, the Bliss prices are acting like Disney. Or the Royal Carib brand new ships. It's insane when you're expecting much lower pricing.

New ships.... I should have booked on the Edge (Celebrity) ASAP, instead I saw that some of their top suites were nearing $40K for a WEEK after only days on the market!!

No thanks - I'll sit back and let the new ship smell fade. :D

Tom

I looked at the Bliss as soon as it opened up for February of 2019. We sail the same week each year -- the week after Presidents' Day. On the new ships, we book an H4. Prices for that week on the Bliss were $7,500/person. For reference, the price of the Getaway was $4,500/person.

I couldn't justify sailing to the same ports with the same crappy times in ports for that price. And for reference, when we booked our 2016 cruise, the price difference between the Escape (inaugural season) and the Getaway was about $100 (not $1,000)/person.

Prices have gone down some, but not enough for us to consider it. I'm assuming we will eventually make it on the Bliss, but not until the prices come down to what we are willing to pay.

So, for 2019, we jumped at the chance to sail on the Dawn out or Puerto Rico. We got a Deluxe Owners' Suite for almost $5,000/person less than the Bliss. Plus, we're going to go to great ports (Antigua -- my favorite!). The Dawn isn't my favorite ship, but for the price and the itinerary it was a no-brainer.

If we book for 2020, we might look at the Bliss, but we'll probably end up on the Epic again because she will be home porting out of Puerto Rico. We love the Epic's Haven, so we're looking forward to that even though we'll miss the Waterfront.

WOW! To each their own obviously. As much as we enjoy cruising (only ever been on NCL), I cannot fathom ever paying 15k for a week on a cruise ship - any cruise ship. It seems like cruising prices have been shooting up over the last few years. We will be concentrating on land vacations after our Escape cruise next week - starting in Dublin, Ireland in June.

WOW! To each their own obviously. As much as we enjoy cruising (only ever been on NCL), I cannot fathom ever paying 15k for a week on a cruise ship - any cruise ship. It seems like cruising prices have been shooting up over the last few years. We will be concentrating on land vacations after our Escape cruise next week - starting in Dublin, Ireland in June.

Actually, we're adapting via cruising much less. There was a point we'd take 6-8+ cruises a year. As prices and our desire for better accommodations have increased, our cruising schedule has been curtailed - to about 1 a year.

BTW --- bring the Escape back in good shape, we'll be getting on when you debark !!

Tom