Stephen Mulhern has a show on board Britannia, Ventura and Azura from the summer

Craig Doylerz

Hey guys,

Just came across this on one of the cruise groups I follow on facebook and wanted to share it with you here.

Looks like P&O have signed up Stephen Mulhern and Jonathan Wilkes to do a magic show on board from the summer.

Personally, I can't stand him but wanted to know what you guys thought!!

https://seeninthecity.co.uk/2018/03/02/astonishing-stephen-mulhern-po-cruises/

Well, that shouldn't put you off seeing it if you are aboard as he is not actually appearing in it. He is just co-producing with Jonathan Wilkes. A lot of people keep saying that P&O need to update their entertainment offerings and it seems they are trying to do that with this show.

Well, that shouldn't put you off seeing it if you are aboard as he is not actually appearing in it. He is just co-producing with Jonathan Wilkes. A lot of people keep saying that P&O need to update their entertainment offerings and it seems they are trying to do that with this show.

Well said. Lots of people are getting irate on Facebook saying they don’t like or can’t stand Stephen Mulhern. I’ve tried to point out that he is only producing the show, but i’m banging my head against a brick wall! It seems people don’t read the full story - just see the headline names and jump to conclusions.

I can't remember the name of the show about 2 tribes that Jonathon Wilkes made for P&O last year but I really hope that this new one is better because I don't think that I have ever seen a worse show anywhere.

Just my opinion and I am sure lots of other people like it.

I can't remember the name of the show about 2 tribes that Jonathon Wilkes made for P&O last year but I really hope that this new one is better because I don't think that I have ever seen a worse show anywhere.

Just my opinion and I am sure lots of other people like it.

I think it was called evolution - it certainly seemed to split opinion. I loved it - innovative and fascinating to watch.

I've never heard of him!

You are lucky, neither of them impress me. Jonathon Wilkes is definitely a marmite character, I know people who love him and others who detest him, personally I think that he is completely talentless.

Don't say what you see :D

I will reserve judgement until I actually see the show. Personally I think anything new has to be an improvement on current Headliners offerings. At least Mulhern and Wilkes are experienced in putting on shows that are not just poor cover versions of old songs. I saw Jonathon Wilkes in panto last December (oh no you didn’t etc!) and I wouldn’t say he is ‘completely talentless’ - quite the opposite considering he had a much greater involvement than just playing the lead.

Give them a chance. The new show may be really good. At least all those jumping to negative conclusions straightaway will leave some decent seats in the theatre for others who are more open minded.

I think we must give people a chance. We do not quite know exactly what sort of show that they will put on but I assume they will not put this on every night and other forms of entertainment will be out there other nights.

Regards John

Our family love Stephen, "unbelievable", Mulhern. But then we love Saturday Night Takeaway and Catchphrase. Would be great to see him though, maybe he will be onboard to oversee the shows. He is a magician and Jonathon Wilkes a singer, so I am presuming this new show will be a bit of both. A good move as the entertainment shows need updating all the time.

Our family love Stephen, "unbelievable", Mulhern. But then we love Saturday Night Takeaway and Catchphrase. Would be great to see him though, maybe he will be onboard to oversee the shows. He is a magician and Jonathon Wilkes a singer, so I am presuming this new show will be a bit of both. A good move as the entertainment shows need updating all the time.

When Evolution had it's premiere on Azura, Johnathon Wilkes was actually on board. He was lovely. I will be on Ventura in June so hopefully it will premiere on that ship first so get to meet him again. I am looking forward to seeing some new shows as they are getting a bit repetitive.