Muster drill

123veranda

Does anybody know where the muster drill is for the Haven on Gem? Is it in a restaurant or outside on deck? I’m asking because the person I’m going with cannot stand for long periods of time especially if it’s outside in the heat. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the Jewel Class ships, the drill is done indoors in various locations.

When you get your room key in the process of boarding near the bottom will be a Capital Letter (A,B,C etc.), followed by a number. The letter will give you the location and the number will give you the location and the number what section in that location.

Does anybody know where the muster drill is for the Haven on Gem? Is it in a restaurant or outside on deck? I’m asking because the person I’m going with cannot stand for long periods of time especially if it’s outside in the heat. Thanks

Irregardless of where it is held, your companion needs to notify the people on the ship and arrangements will be made for a place for them to sit.

Show up at your muster station 30 minutes early just before the announcements start to get a seat.

Show up at your muster station 30 minutes early just before the announcements start to get a seat.

Yes, that would be our plan if were sure it’s inside. But if it’s outside on the deck, there are no seats.

On the Jewel Class ships, the drill is done indoors in various locations.

When you get your room key in the process of boarding near the bottom will be a Capital Letter (A,B,C etc.), followed by a number. The letter will give you the location and the number will give you the location and the number what section in that location.

Excuse me but how do you translate B5 into a ship location? :confused:

Excuse me but how do you translate B5 into a ship location? :confused:

In the Freestyle Daily that will be in your cabin, it will tell where all the Drill Stations are located. There is also a chart on the back of your cabin door giving the location, plus the signage through out the ship to give the location. Toward thee time of the Drill, announcements will be made as to where each location is.

In the Freestyle Daily that will be in your cabin, it will tell where all the Drill Stations are located. There is also a chart on the back of your cabin door giving the location, plus the signage through out the ship to give the location. Toward thee time of the Drill, announcements will be made as to where each location is.

Daily also tells you the time? I think drills are on embarkation day?

Daily also tells you the time? I think drills are on embarkation day?

Yes, Drills must be held prior to sailing. The time is usually about 30 minutes or earlier prior to your departure time. Yes the Daily will give you the location of all of the Muster Station and what time the Drill will be held.

Be aware that can not take food or drink with you to your Muster Station and you can not use your cell phone.

Drills have been indoors for several years and you do not have to take your life jacket. Also if you have difficulty with stairs, go early to muster station before they close down the elevators.

It is still held outdoors on some ships - the older ships.

True that they stop the elevators, so you better head out early especially if there are so many decks between your cabin and the muster station! On newer and large ships.

It is still held outdoors on some ships - the older ships.

True that they stop the elevators, so you better head out early especially if there are so many decks between your cabin and the muster station! On newer and large ships.

Thanks. Do you agree, no need to take life jacket?

As someone earlier said, O'Sheehans.

Some of the older ships have some of the muster outside like Spirit and Sun.

I'm on the Sun so thanks for your heads up. I did two Viking river trips and I believe the muster was outside. Easy to do when you have less than 200 people.

On the bigger larger mammoth ships the muster drill is held inside creature friendly assembly areas i.e.

theatre - entertainment areas.

Regarding the SUN the muster drill is held outside on deck 6 Promenade deck (right under the life boats).

In a real situation the life boats are lowered and level with deck 6 for easy entry and dispatch away from

the ship. The crew will point out additional life floating devices in small barrel like containers - these have

inflatable life rafts.

For folks that have physical disabilities - alert the crew for assistance - usually Dazzles or the Windjammer Bar

is the alternate location.

You don't bring your life jackets to the muster drill - a demonstration will be done to show how to use.

Except for wheelchair and mobility impaired passengers the elevators are off-limits during the muster drill.

As previously noted - do not bring foodstuff or drinks to the drill.

Anymore questions before I boot you off the ship - ah er I mean island ! LOL !

How long is the drill? 30 min?

If everyone observes naval protocol and is on at muster station where they are supposed to be

the drill will take perhaps 5-10 minutes.

BUT alas we are dealing with civilian mariners who want to lolly gang and show up when it is

convenient - thus the drill is more likely to be 15-20 minutes.

That being noted the muster drill does not wait for everyone to be present and accounted for

THUS if you have not checked in and had your name and cabin checked off - you will be

summoned before the ship's master and the flogging with begin - seriously you will be notified

to attend a MAKE-UP drill with consequences - ignore at your own peril.

Likely you will testing life rafts with patched holes from the last batch of stranglers that did

not attend the required drill - why the holes ? what about those stranglers ?

Just thought I would make this interesting

"ATTEND THE DARN DRILL" will you pretty please !

I am making it an Order you can't refuse - your life may very well depend on it !

I plan to be there. Hardest part is finding it when you just got on the boat.

When you board the ship for the first time - the boarding is normally done on the Promenade deck - the

one with the life boats hanging over your head.

One of those boats has your name on - you just don't know yet which one.

After wandering around having lunch a bon voyage drink being impressed by the utter immense size of

the vessel you are on you will have no doubt found your cabin abode for the cruise.

Look on the back of the cabin door for the Muster Drill location and how to get there.

When the 7 short horn blasts followed by 1 long it is time to go to that Muster Station and find out all

about NCL safety as it relates to you.

You can't take the elevators - so use the stairs - at each level there will be a NCL crew person who will

direct you to that Muster Station - show your room Key card and they can help you on your way.

At the Muster Drill Station show your cabin Key card (have those with you do the same) and get checked off

the manifest of attendance - there will be spiel about safety - life vests.

This could take a little as 10 minutes and it more in likely will be a total of 20 with late comers.

The announcements are made to all the Muster Stations simultaneously - so until the whole ship is assembled

the drill does not start.