Summer 2019 from Southampton

chriswg

Hi all,

I was just wondering if MSC are likely to offer any cruises from Southampton in Summer 2019?

I have seen that the Preziosa is operating from here in Spring and Autumn, but it's based from Kiel / Hamburg in the Summer.

Cheers,

Chris

Have you tried the MSC website? Southampton is showing as an embarkation port for Preziosa on the Ireland site for Summer 2019.

Hi, yes that was where I was looking.

The Preziosa is operating out of Southampton in the Spring and Autumn but from Germany in the Summer. I can't see any cruises from the UK in Summer 2019 which is a real shame!

Hi, yes that was where I was looking.

The Preziosa is operating out of Southampton in the Spring and Autumn but from Germany in the Summer. I can't see any cruises from the UK in Summer 2019 which is a real shame!

If you're really interested, you should try phoning them. If MSC is offering us Southampton as an embarkation port for the Summer, they would definitely be offering it to Brits. The website is not always a reliable source.

If you're really interested, you should try phoning them. If MSC is offering us Southampton as an embarkation port for the Summer, they would definitely be offering it to Brits. The website is not always a reliable source.

Can you actually see cruises leaving in July / Aug 2019 from Southampton if you do a search? The only two I get are the 21st and 28th Aug which a 7 night Belgium / Germany / France / Netherlands cruises.

If there was an early Aug option taking in Norway and Iceland I think it would sell out very quickly.

The Italian site is only showing those two dates as well. I got so bored waiting I booked with P&O for the Fjords!

I like the P&O itinerary's and boats, but the only 2019 summer sailings to Iceland they do are adults only and we have a two kids :(

Hi...there are now 7 showing for Summer 2019 sailing from Southampton. I think that will be all they are offering...I really thought MSC were trying to increase their capacity from Southampton.

MSC did make a bit of deal about Magnifica sailing from Southampton this year when it was first announced. Maybe they didn't get the level of bookings they were hoping for and this is reflected in the limited number of sailings from Southampton for Preziosa. :confused:

MSC did make a bit of deal about Magnifica sailing from Southampton this year when it was first announced. Maybe they didn't get the level of bookings they were hoping for and this is reflected in the limited number of sailings from Southampton for Preziosa. :confused:

Hi....I think you are possibly right but sometimes you need to become " established" in a relatively new market...MSC from Southampton. Up to this year they have been a little half hearted in cruising out of Southampton....very limited itineraries but as you say this year they have pulled out the stops in appealing to the British market....really catering for British tastes and cruise connect coaches provided. Their expectations haven't been met so they have reverted back to their original approach which is a shame really as I feel that given more seasons us " British" would have given them a try and found that actually they are quite good...in fact very good. I appreciate that the world of cruising will be very cut throat and if the returns weren't there for their investment they need to pull the plug....they just seem to have pulled it a bit too quick. I would have thought the American market would have been a " harder nut to crack" and they must have struggled initially to gain the market share but they stuck with it and have now become established over there.