Anthem of the Seas- Room Specifics- Deck 6 & 3

Hello! rather time sensitive pls.

I'm about to lock-down/pay full for cabin 6172 - its obstructed view balcony- we're not too concerned about the view.

Main issue is - my wife's a real light sleeper- wakes up with a pindrop. How's the noise level in this room? My main concerns are:

1. Elevators about 6 rooms away - do these elevators make that ding-ding/chime of doors opening on each floor?

2. Someone talked about cafe270 galley being noisy between 4-6am each day? Would that be a concern here?

3. Lifeboats across from balcony - do they emit that creaking sound etc. sound as ship sways ?

So view is not an issue but sound would be - primarily between 930pm - 7am.

Any guidance sincerely appreciated!

Another option would be an Oceanview 3598 - though not sure how long it remains available.

Hello! rather time sensitive pls.

I'm about to lock-down/pay full for cabin 6172 - its obstructed view balcony- we're not too concerned about the view.

Main issue is - my wife's a real light sleeper- wakes up with a pindrop. How's the noise level in this room? My main concerns are:

1. Elevators about 6 rooms away - do these elevators make that ding-ding/chime of doors opening on each floor?

2. Someone talked about cafe270 galley being noisy between 4-6am each day? Would that be a concern here?

3. Lifeboats across from balcony - do they emit that creaking sound etc. sound as ship sways ?

So view is not an issue but sound would be - primarily between 930pm - 7am.

Any guidance sincerely appreciated!

Another option would be an Oceanview 3598 - though not sure how long it remains available.

1. Elevators not an issue at all. zero zilch nada bupkis

2. You are NOWHERE near Two70. 6172 is forward. Two70 is aft.

3. I never heard any "lifeboat creaking" in all of my nights on board the Quantum/Anthem, and most of them were spent in Deck 6 balcony cabins.

Thanks so much merion_mom! I'll pay-up and lock it down. DO you know when is the best time to buy internet package- we're on May 31st 2018 sailing- 9night - we need it for just basic surfing and checking office email etc but dont want to spend too much and not every day even. One login would suffice and we can switch between both our phones etc. Will email you later.

There will always be noises, whether in a hotel or on a ship. Your wife may benefit from earplugs, as sounds that are normal and natural FEEL different in a strange place. I'm sure there are noises in your home that she's used to and which doesn't waken her.

If someone passes your door while talking, you'll hear it, no matter which cabin you have.

Hi there. My mom and I just disembarked Anthem yesterday. She was in cabin 6224 and I was in 6226, so very close to 6172.

The view, meh, I don't spend that much time in the cabin. I do practice yoga every morning on the balcony, weather permitting, and the lifeboat/view weren't in the way of that.

Noise is another story. I like to sleep with the balcony door open. I like fresh air, especially at the end of a long winter when I've had to sleep with the windows shut for months. For some ridiculous reason, the crew powerwashed deck 5 several times during the voyage at 4 or 430 AM. Absolutely ridiculous, and the only response was that I should be keeping my door shut at night. Um, no. I'm paying to get out of cold weather and I want fresh air at night.

Another problem at night was the lights on deck 5. The only way to have a dark room is to fully shut the curtains which I don't care for, I need natural light.

If you keep your cabin shut up tight at night, it would not be a problem. For me, I would not consider a cabin on that deck again.

Besides that, and the barely passable food in the main dining room, it was a great cruise!

Hi there. My mom and I just disembarked Anthem yesterday. She was in cabin 6224 and I was in 6226, so very close to 6172.

The view, meh, I don't spend that much time in the cabin. I do practice yoga every morning on the balcony, weather permitting, and the lifeboat/view weren't in the way of that.

Noise is another story. I like to sleep with the balcony door open. I like fresh air, especially at the end of a long winter when I've had to sleep with the windows shut for months. For some ridiculous reason, the crew powerwashed deck 5 several times during the voyage at 4 or 430 AM. Absolutely ridiculous, and the only response was that I should be keeping my door shut at night. Um, no. I'm paying to get out of cold weather and I want fresh air at night.

Another problem at night was the lights on deck 5. The only way to have a dark room is to fully shut the curtains which I don't care for, I need natural light.

If you keep your cabin shut up tight at night, it would not be a problem. For me, I would not consider a cabin on that deck again.

Besides that, and the barely passable food in the main dining room, it was a great cruise!

Keeping the door open affects the HVAC system of your cabin and the cabins around you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Keeping the door open affects the HVAC system of your cabin and the cabins around you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Thank you, tennislvr8.

And there is a sticker/sign at the balcony door that tells you this.

Don't do it, please, dsfromnj.

By the way, dsfromnj, when do you want them to wash the decks? When people are up and using them? <smh>

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I echo Merion Mom, here. Please don't keep your balcony door open, you are adversely affecting others around you.

And, as for washing the decks, when do you want them to do it? :rolleyes:

I was on the same cruise. We had dinner in the Windjammer almost every night. I know food is subjective, but we found the food in the Windjammer to be excellent! Variety and taste. I was never a fan of Royal's MDR food, except when they had the exciting Dynamic Dining.

I have stayed on Deck 6 before and it is not my favorite deck either for other reasons.