Room comparison S Class

Peaches’Beaches

I have studied the spreadsheet but find I am still quite confused.

First can anyone explain which Class of rooms belong to Veranda?

I would like the biggest balcony room for the least amount of money, on a lower floor (due to sea sickness), that is quiet and has a completely unobstructed view of the ocean.

When looking at Celebrity website they have 3 different prices for “veranda”, I’m going to assume this is because of the qualifiers I’ve outlined above?

Are concierge class rooms the best veranda rooms? At this point concierge is $100 more per person and if that guarantees me a balcony of bliss, I’ll take it.

I have no idea if the side of the ship, front or back means anything to choosing a room?

Also, preferences for third bed being close to balcony or bath is just that - a preference?

Loaded thread I’ve created. Thank you for any help you can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go for the 1A if you want a larger balcony. They are angled cabins off the hump. The photo is of 9237 on Eclipse and it had a bed settee near the balcony door.

IMG_1990.thumb.jpg.e10b24728720625119b6ebf76cdb57aa.jpg

In June we are booked into 6243 which is a 2C, which will have a similar sized angled balcony, but I believe the bed is by the balcony, which we have never had before.

Edited by upwarduk

There are MANY categories of verandah. It’s somewhat confusing, but here are some basics.

On the S class ships, the cabins are all about the same size. A verandah, concierge and Aqua have different levels of amenities. The obstructed view cabins are 2D and 2C, so avoid those. The 1A cabins have deeper balconies and sunset verandah SV and Concierge class C1 cabins have that beautiful view of the wake, but are a long walk.

The most convenient cabins will be near an elevator since you use them a LOT while onboard the ship. Remember, the restaurants are in the rear and the theater is in the front, you will spend more time at the restaurants and pool area, generally, and the theater, once a night.

Cabin selection is an art and we spend a lot of time deciding what cabin every cruise. Enjoy the process!

If you are worried about sea sickness then stick to the middle of the ship, which will also be by the midship elevators. Bed by bath or balcony is totally a personal preference. Some people find that the bed by the bath gives you less room to access the closet. Some people prefer the bed by the balcony for the view. I've been in both....doesn't matter to me. Port side or starboard is really a toss up as well. Sometimes the ship will dock opposite to a previous sailing so one time your port side view would be of the water and town and another of the loading docks. Or another ship could dock across the pier and obscure your view. Balconies are less expensive on the lower docks and go up in price as you go higher. But the cabins are all the same size. Only some balconies are larger.

One more thing to consider, if you are concerned about cigarette smoke, is a cabin above the open areas on deck 5 port side (left). I believe one can smoke the entire length of the ship on deck 5 port side, so any cabin on deck 6 or 7 above and possibly higher is prone to the occasional smell of cigarettes.

The balconies on the S class ships are all a decent size although there are some larger ones as noted earlier. I find the really deep balconies make the cabin darker during the day so it's a trade off. The one thing that someone might be able to answer is the amount of furniture on the larger balconies. The lower balconies have 2 chairs and a table. Further up and depending on the room class, some have foot rests too. And some of the larger balconies have lounge chairs in addition to the chairs, table and footrests, but I don't know if the room level dictates this. I see in the post 2 the picture of the larger angled balcony shows only 2 chairs and a table. In this case is a bigger balcony better if you don't have extra furniture for it? Maybe someone can answer.

Edited by LiveToCruise99
typos

The balconies on the S class ships are all a decent size although there are some larger ones as noted earlier. I find the really deep balconies make the cabin darker during the day so it's a trade off. The one thing that someone might be able to answer is the amount of furniture on the larger balconies. The lower balconies have 2 chairs and a table. Further up and depending on the room class, some have foot rests too. And some of the larger balconies have lounge chairs in addition to the chairs, table and footrests, but I don't know if the room level dictates this. I see in the post 2 the picture of the larger angled balcony shows only 2 chairs and a table. In this case is a bigger balcony better if you don't have extra furniture for it? Maybe someone can answer.

The veranda category of staterooms do not have foot stools on the balconies, no matter how big they are, only the chairs (and table) in the photo above. Concierge Class gets you the foot stools. (If you ask me, it's pretty cheesy on Celebrity's part not to put foot stools on all the balconies, whatever cabin category.)

We have sailed in the cabins on the slant of the hump with the largest (deepest) balconies, and we don't find them a problem in terms of making the cabin too dark.

OP: Concierge Class won't necessarily get you "the best" balcony cabins, it really depends on what's available. To me, "the best" balcony cabins on the S-class ships are on the slants of the hump -- they have the largest balconies. So a 1A on the slant of the hump would be fine, but if you can't find a veranda class cabin on the slant of the hump and there's a C2 that's available on the slant of the hump, then you would have a larger balcony by booking the C2. To me, a 1A on the slant of the hump would be better than a Concierge Class that's not.

But "best" is subjective. :D

Go for the 1A if you want a larger balcony. They are angled cabins off the hump. The photo is of 9237 on Eclipse and it had a bed settee near the balcony door.

[ATTACH]416537[/ATTACH]

In June we are booked into 6243 which is a 2C, which will have a similar sized angled balcony, but I believe the bed is by the balcony, which we have never had before.

This is why I love this forum. Everyone is so helpful!

So I was on the phone earlier with the gentleman from Celebrity and was trying to figure out the cabins. At this point we have a 2A cabin booked on the 7th floor just away from the elevators. I got an “upgrade” from 2B to 2A.

Is 1A aqua class?

I saw the cabins on the hump, but thought that people in neighbouring rooms could see us and vice versa?

Thank you!

There are MANY categories of verandah. It’s somewhat confusing, but here are some basics.

On the S class ships, the cabins are all about the same size. A verandah, concierge and Aqua have different levels of amenities. The obstructed view cabins are 2D and 2C, so avoid those. The 1A cabins have deeper balconies and sunset verandah SV and Concierge class C1 cabins have that beautiful view of the wake, but are a long walk.

The most convenient cabins will be near an elevator since you use them a LOT while onboard the ship. Remember, the restaurants are in the rear and the theater is in the front, you will spend more time at the restaurants and pool area, generally, and the theater, once a night.

Cabin selection is an art and we spend a lot of time deciding what cabin every cruise. Enjoy the process!

Thank you for the info. We have the 2A class, deck 7, 7280 on hold for us. It is down the hall a bit from the elevators. I thought that might be quieter?

This is why I love this forum. Everyone is so helpful!

So I was on the phone earlier with the gentleman from Celebrity and was trying to figure out the cabins. At this point we have a 2A cabin booked on the 7th floor just away from the elevators. I got an “upgrade” from 2B to 2A.

Is 1A aqua class?

I saw the cabins on the hump, but thought that people in neighbouring rooms could see us and vice versa?

Thank you!

sent from my iPhone using Forums

1A is not Aqua Class. Yes, you can see people on the balconies and they can see you from the rooms on the hump. The balconies are deep so just sit away from the railing and you will be fine and have privacy.

If you are worried about sea sickness then stick to the middle of the ship, which will also be by the midship elevators. Bed by bath or balcony is totally a personal preference. Some people find that the bed by the bath gives you less room to access the closet. Some people prefer the bed by the balcony for the view. I've been in both....doesn't matter to me. Port side or starboard is really a toss up as well. Sometimes the ship will dock opposite to a previous sailing so one time your port side view would be of the water and town and another of the loading docks. Or another ship could dock across the pier and obscure your view. Balconies are less expensive on the lower docks and go up in price as you go higher. But the cabins are all the same size. Only some balconies are larger.

Thank you for the info. We have a midship cabin on hold on deck 7 so far. We are heading in the right direction!

One more thing to consider, if you are concerned about cigarette smoke, is a cabin above the open areas on deck 5 port side (left). I believe one can smoke the entire length of the ship on deck 5 port side, so any cabin on deck 6 or 7 above and possibly higher is prone to the occasional smell of cigarettes.

Oh the cigarette smoke is a fantastic tip. Starboard it is!

I want to know which balconies have loungers!? Do you think all the deeper balconies could accommodate 2 loungers?

The veranda category of staterooms do not have foot stools on the balconies, no matter how big they are, only the chairs (and table) in the photo above. Concierge Class gets you the foot stools. (If you ask me, it's pretty cheesy on Celebrity's part not to put foot stools on all the balconies, whatever cabin category.)

We have sailed in the cabins on the slant of the hump with the largest (deepest) balconies, and we don't find them a problem in terms of making the cabin too dark.

OP: Concierge Class won't necessarily get you "the best" balcony cabins, it really depends on what's available. To me, "the best" balcony cabins on the S-class ships are on the slants of the hump -- they have the largest balconies. So a 1A on the slant of the hump would be fine, but if you can't find a veranda class cabin on the slant of the hump and there's a C2 that's available on the slant of the hump, then you would have a larger balcony by booking the C2. To me, a 1A on the slant of the hump would be better than a Concierge Class that's not.

But "best" is subjective. :D

I see what you are saying. So much to think about. Thanks!

Thank you for the info. We have the 2A class, deck 7, 7280 on hold for us. It is down the hall a bit from the elevators. I thought that might be quieter?

Well, I'll put a spanner in the works and say from my experience the 2Cs near the back are the best value. Nice and quiet. If you pick one of the last 10 cabins on each side they have oversized balconies which aren't shown on the deck plan. They look out over the blue roof overhang from below, but your view straight ahead is unhindered. If you are getting a one category upgrade and a 2D price you might score quite a saving too. It's my choice of location if I don't go aft facing and I prefer it to the central position 1As on the hump with the larger balconies which tend to attract a premium and aren't in the quietest spot on the ship. Just something to thing about!

Phil

If seasickness is a concern then I agree with others here that my preference would be a 1A on either side of the hump by the rear elevators. I think the ones by the forward elevators would be too far forward. The proximity to the elevators (being close) has never been an issue with noise as there is a partition between the elevators and the hallway with the cabins.

There are no loungers on "S" class ships until you get in the top tier suites. The chairs with foot stools are very comfortable as the back of the chair is adjustable. Like others have said you don't get foot stools unless you are Concierge or Aqua Class and those rooms are on higher decks.

Well, I'll put a spanner in the works and say from my experience the 2Cs near the back are the best value. Nice and quiet. If you pick one of the last 10 cabins on each side they have oversized balconies which aren't shown on the deck plan. They look out over the blue roof overhang from below, but your view straight ahead is unhindered. If you are getting a one category upgrade and a 2D price you might score quite a saving too. It's my choice of location if I don't go aft facing and I prefer it to the central position 1As on the hump with the larger balconies which tend to attract a premium and aren't in the quietest spot on the ship. Just something to thing about!

Phil

Do you find movement on the ship at the back much more noticeable? Also, the map I’m looking at does not show front or back, is the top the front and the bottom the back?

I’m going to give Celebrity a call today and see what difference in price we are talking here. I don’t mind a blue roof overhang down below, just need to see that ocean. Thanks!!

If seasickness is a concern then I agree with others here that my preference would be a 1A on either side of the hump by the rear elevators. I think the ones by the forward elevators would be too far forward. The proximity to the elevators (being close) has never been an issue with noise as there is a partition between the elevators and the hallway with the cabins.

I did not know about the partition. Good info!

Soooooo are we allowed to bring a lounger on perhaps? Lol

Do you find movement on the ship at the back much more noticeable? Also' date=' the map I’m looking at does not show front or back, is the top the front and the bottom the back?

I’m going to give Celebrity a call today and see what difference in price we are talking here. I don’t mind a blue roof overhang down below, just need to see that ocean. Thanks!!

I don't suffer motion sickness, but have stayed aft quite a few times and find it much better than being forward. Different, less crashy movement if it's tough.

This is a balcony view from 6304 which I've stayed in and you can see the blue roof and its extent in the photo. It is no issue for me.

Phil12cc0ee56422c21366a08e5014011730.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk