Do "Sold Out" Excursions Ever Open Up?

hlauburn

I haven't done a great job planning for this upcoming trip and several excursions we want to do are "sold out". Do excursions ever open up the closer it gets to sailing? I plan to keep checking, but am I wasting my time? We sail in 35 days!

Thanks!

I usually book a couple of weeks in advance. We do not book Carnival excursions. Any tour Carnival has is offered through several on line shore excursion companies. The reputable companies offer the same guarantees as Carnival and a better price and more personalized service.

I was in the same situation once where there was a particular excursion our family was interested in. I went to the excursions desk shortly after boarding to book a cabana and lo & behold there were many openings for the other excursion that had been sold out so was able to book that too. Not sure if we were just lucky but doesn't hurt to check...

I've had FTTF and a cabana at HMC both open up. As people cancel them or cancel their cruise they will open or if they add more slots for the excursion. We don't do actual excursions through Carnival though because as others have mentioned, you can get them cheaper through a third party company at your port.

Thanks everyone. We usually also book non-Carnival excursions but of course the ones we are looking at seem to be Carnival-only, or at least they're actually cheaper through Carnival. [emoji53]

Also wanting to book FTTF and cabanas at Amber Cove, so no other choices there.

Thanks again...I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and keep checking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I haven't done a great job planning for this upcoming trip and several excursions we want to do are "sold out". Do excursions ever open up the closer it gets to sailing? I plan to keep checking, but am I wasting my time? We sail in 35 days!

Don't give up checking. There are also booked excursions that are cancelled even when onboard.