We're out of.....

Have you ever been on a Carnival cruise and they ran out of something? Bacon, flat iron steak, ATM money, wcmc, Budweiser, etc?

Certainly not talking about a disaster cruise like Triumph or anything...just a regular cruise.

One cruise that had a few rocky days to start, ran out of Ginger Ale with about two days left. Not good, since the last two days, were similar to the first two.

I have also seen the ATM out of money, but this was a long time ago.

Back in our early cruising days when Bacon was truly self service it would be routine for a ship to run out of it on about day 5 of a 7 day cruise. Now that they have the "Bacon Police" I don't recall that happening on recent cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the behind-the-scenes tour on Carnival Freedom late last year. One thing they won't run out of is Dr. Pepper and ice tea. They said the Texas Port is unique,that it's people required to have those things on board. Because they are the most consumed beverages. A little fun fact.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy using speech to text

On on of our cruises they ran out of bananas.
Bananas on the Magic in December. We ran out on Day 5 :o

in all of my cruises, bananas always go out on day 4-5. In one of the behind the scenes tours i did, the chef said it is the hardest fruit to keep fresh on the ship.

Almost. The bartender at the piano bar on the Magic, several years ago when she sailed from Galveston, told me there was no Shiner Boch. I told her never mind, and she said to wait a few minutes.

She disappeared and reappeared about 10 minutes later saying she found some at another bar.

When people say they tip extra for service that is above and beyond, I always think of her.

Limes! It was back a few years ago during the lime shortage.

They brought me a gin and tonic with lemon in it. YUCK!!

I remember that! No limes on a Mexican cruise--had margaritas garnished with a lemon and orange.

Anchovies for the Caesar salad, bananas, cranberry juice. Other things, too. I guess they prepare for a certain amount, and it may just be they have an abundance of people wanting more of something. I don't fault them, they can't prepare for every contingency.

Bananas.

We did the behind the scenes tour once and while visiting the galley one of the chefs told us that they often run out of bananas. Told us the reason too which I've forgotten, something to do with the shipping time and how they go bad quick.

Moral of the story: if you like bananas, enjoy them the first few days, but don't count on them being around all week.

One Princess cruise we started the cruise with a shortage of TP. That was an interesting couple of days.

One Carnival cruise shampoo and bath gel were very low. They only got a few gallons of each. The supervisors were rationing them out.

Our last HI cruise the Alchemy ran out of many things by day 13. Those last two days we had some extremely creative drinks.

During the Lime shortage we brought our limes from our tree onboard.

Very cool fact! As a Texan, I can believe it!

We did the behind-the-scenes tour on Carnival Freedom late last year. One thing they won't run out of is Dr. Pepper and ice tea. They said the Texas Port is unique,that it's people required to have those things on board. Because they are the most consumed beverages. A little fun fact.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy using speech to text

What happened on the Triumph?

I'm not sure if you're serious or not;p But.........a few years ago it had an engine fire and was stranded in the middle of the gulf. People were sleeping on deck, toilets didn't work, all the food ruined.

Believe it or not I was on a cruise the week after July 4th and they ran out of all of the frozen drinks mixers. It was on the 2nd day! No Pina Coladas, strawberry daqueries, mango mix-nothing but drinks on the rocks or beer. We were so disappointed but made the best of it.