Easter 2019 - Getaway and Breakaway doing identical itineraries

KeithJenner

Well, not quite identical. They are due to arrive back in Miami an hour apart.

Anyway, I am considering booking a cruise out of Miami for next Easter. I haven't paid much attention to Caribbean itineraries lately, but I'm obviously aware that the hurricane has resulted in a lot of changes.

When I looked recently, my memory was that the Getaway was departing on the Saturday and the Breakaway on the Sunday. Just having a more detailed look today, they seem to actually be doing the same itineraries, with the same port times other than that hour difference at the end. My assumption is that this is actually unlikely to be the case.

Can someone who may have more detailed knowledge of these itineraries give any advice. I'm looking at cruises leaving on the weekend of 13/14th April 2019. I don't have any particular preference between the two ships (been on both), but if they are likely to change the itineraries again then I'd rather be booked on the one that doesn't change.

Or is it just a case of pick your ship and keep fingers crossed?

And we’re looking for Easter 2019 but out of NYC and seeing nothing so far.....BTW Easter 2019 is April 21.

I just mean Easter time, not talking about that specific weekend.

Escape is sailing out of NYC at that time next year. Going to the Caribbean on the 7th April and then starting Bermuda cruises from the 14th. They are available to book in the UK

The Breakaway is sailing out of New Orleans in spring 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to the website it’s in New Orleans until early April, but starts sailing out of Miami on the 14th of April. 7th to 14th seems to be missing at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, not quite identical. They are due to arrive back in Miami an hour apart. Anyway, I am considering booking a cruise out of Miami for next Easter. I haven't paid much attention to Caribbean itineraries lately, but I'm obviously aware that the hurricane has resulted in a lot of changes. When I looked recently, my memory was that the Getaway was departing on the Saturday and the Breakaway on the Sunday. Just having a more detailed look today, they seem to actually be doing the same itineraries, with the same port times other than that hour difference at the end. My assumption is that this is actually unlikely to be the case. Can someone who may have more detailed knowledge of these itineraries give any advice. I'm looking at cruises leaving on the weekend of 13/14th April 2019. I don't have any particular preference between the two ships (been on both), but if they are likely to change the itineraries again then I'd rather be booked on the one that doesn't change. Or is it just a case of pick your ship and keep fingers crossed?

That's interesting. Just pure speculation, the route can not support two megaships doing the exact same itinerary on the exact same days. (Wouldn't want 2 megaships in Harvest Cay on the same day). Or in Cozumel for that matter (if one would have to tender).

Between the two ships, the Breakaway will undergo a major dry dock in a few months, so she will be the "newest" at the time of the sailing.

This has to be a glitch in the schedule. One of the cruises will almost certainly be cancelled because as noted above the ports can't handle both ships at the same time. If I had to guess, it will be Getaway that is cancelled as soon as they finalize and post its transatlantic crossing. The Getaway itinerary is also a carryover from the Winter 2018-19 schedule while the Breakaway itinerary is part of the Summer 2019 schedule. If you do book the Getaway they will probably give you a small onboard credit if/when they do change it, while Breakaway would be the safer bet if you want to lock in a specific cabin.