G&T/Glasses Of Wine/Coffee prices for a European cruise

janny444

Hi...trying to decide if a drink package is worth it for us...I know the drink packages are excellent value but we are not "big" drinkers....a couple of G&Ts ....couple of glasses of red wine and a few coffees a day and that's us. We even have days were we don't bother at all apart from coffees and water. So if I have some idea of prices that could help me decide. Also when buying drinks on-board is there a service charge on top of the stated price on the price list? The cruise would be from Southampton.

The price of the all-inclusive drinks package is €26 pppd on European cruises (£20 if you prepay - which also avoids the 15% service charge). "A few coffees" during the day can soon add up when you factor in the 15% service charge added to each purchase. Water is not served in the MDRs so you might want bottled water with lunch and/or dinner. Without even having an alcoholic drink, your spend could quite easily mount up to the cost of the drinks package, plus you're at the mercy of currency exchange rates, as your bill will be charged in Euros.

The following links will have drinks prices from June 2017. There won't be much, if any difference, in price between then and now. You need to add 15% to these prices to see what you'll actually be charged:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53338053&postcount=70

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53338068&postcount=71

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53338079&postcount=72

Hi...trying to decide if a drink package is worth it for us...I know the drink packages are excellent value but we are not "big" drinkers....a couple of G&Ts ....couple of glasses of red wine and a few coffees a day and that's us. We even have days were we don't bother at all apart from coffees and water. So if I have some idea of prices that could help me decide. Also when buying drinks on-board is there a service charge on top of the stated price on the price list? The cruise would be from Southampton.

G&T €6.60 (x2 = €13.20)

Red wine €6.00 (x2 = €12.00)

Coffee €2.00 (x4 = €8.00)

Water (500ml) €2.00 (x2 = €4.00)

(Sept 2016 prices) So it will be a bit more expensive now.

TOTAL €37.00 plus 15% grats €5.55

equals

Grand TOTAL €42.55 per person per day

Cost of an All inclusive €26 pppd (pre-booked ; current price)

It's a no brainer

Absolutely agree, purchasing in advance is the way to go. Also consider that if you order something and it gets spilled it doesn't matter, you just order another!

It's also a great way to try out other drinks - especially cocktails. If you don't like them, you don't feel you have to drink them - unlike when you're paying for each individual drink. :p

you cruised before so I guess you know how much aprox you spend in 7 days for drinks. Package is not worth for us ,we have one-two drinks during the day . check Fantastica cabin it's come with 12 drink cupons

you cruised before so I guess you know how much aprox you spend in 7 days for drinks. Package is not worth for us ,we have one-two drinks during the day . check Fantastica cabin it's come with 12 drink cupons

Those booking from the UK don't get the drinks coupons, GB. Also, the all-inclusive package on an MSC European cruise is much cheaper per day than for a US sailing - €26 vs. $45.

Those booking from the UK don't get the drinks coupons, GB. Also, the all-inclusive package on an MSC European cruise is much cheaper per day than for a US sailing - €26 vs. $45.

Really? Its like free water only for US/Canada ? :confused:

ya, I know about water but I did not know about drink coupons .

Sorry, I misunderstood your question, GB. And, yes, we don't get drinks coupons for Fantastica bookings. However, MSC often have promotions where the all-inclusive package is included.