Looking for places that offer reasonable day passes to the hotel or resort in FLL

Cerne

Our cruise ports in POM on 11/13 at 7a.m. We want to go to a hotel and enjoy beach/pool/food before our flight leaves FLL at 4 pm. We probably need to be at airport no later then 2-2:30 but we have a lot of time to kill once we get off the ship. I have read the threads but the ones I've looked up that people suggested don't appear to allow day passes or are sketchy such as the Rodeway :o. If I need to start calling around I will but I don't want to call every possible place without having some sort of idea if I'm on the right path or wasting my time on places that don't offer this.

Thanks in advance!

You may not really have a lot of time to enjoy a day room in Fort Lauderdale, given you need to be at FLL around 2:00 pm. However, I looked up November 13 and there are other hotels as alternatives to Rodeway Inn:

https://www.dayuse.com/s/united-states/florida/broward-county/fort-lauderdale?check_in_date=2017-11-13&lat=26.1224&lng=-80.1373&ne_lat=26.25241078488251&ne_lng=-80.04391621093748&sw_lat=25.99224438727813&sw_lng=-80.23068378906248&page=1&place_id=ChIJ9cr6ICcB2YgRvo6_QHW-AnY&zoom_level=12

Provided you do get off the ship early, the drive to Fort Lauderdale from Miami on a Monday morning could take up to 1-1/2 - 2 hours. I am not exaggerating ... if there is an accident on I-95, whether it is the express lanes or the general purpose lanes, traffic could be a nightmare. I drive the daily commute south from Fort Lauderdale to Downtown Miami, in the opposite direction, and some days the traffic going north is pretty bad.

I am not certain if there is luggage storage at FLL (someone else can chime in here), so one option is to Uber to Las Olas, check your bags in at the Riverside Hotel for a few hours (actually, they are on the list for a day room), then go enjoy a leisurely brunch and browse the shops, before heading to the airport.

Would it be easier to leave Miami at 12 noon and go to Fort Lauderdale at that time rather then in morning rush hour? Maybe we can just find something to do in Miami first then head to FLL

quote=brunello22;54348891]You may not really have a lot of time to enjoy a day room in Fort Lauderdale, given you need to be at FLL around 2:00 pm. However, I looked up November 13 and there are other hotels as alternatives to Rodeway Inn:

https://www.dayuse.com/s/united-states/florida/broward-county/fort-lauderdale?check_in_date=2017-11-13&lat=26.1224&lng=-80.1373&ne_lat=26.25241078488251&ne_lng=-80.04391621093748&sw_lat=25.99224438727813&sw_lng=-80.23068378906248&page=1&place_id=ChIJ9cr6ICcB2YgRvo6_QHW-AnY&zoom_level=12

Provided you do get off the ship early, the drive to Fort Lauderdale from Miami on a Monday morning could take up to 1-1/2 - 2 hours. I am not exaggerating ... if there is an accident on I-95, whether it is the express lanes or the general purpose lanes, traffic could be a nightmare. I drive the daily commute south from Fort Lauderdale to Downtown Miami, in the opposite direction, and some days the traffic going north is pretty bad.

I am not certain if there is luggage storage at FLL (someone else can chime in here), so one option is to Uber to Las Olas, check your bags in at the Riverside Hotel for a few hours (actually, they are on the list for a day room), then go enjoy a leisurely brunch and browse the shops, before heading to the airport.

Our cruise ports in POM on 11/13 at 7a.m. We want to go to a hotel and enjoy beach/pool/food before our flight leaves FLL at 4 pm. We probably need to be at airport no later then 2-2:30 but we have a lot of time to kill once we get off the ship. I have read the threads but the ones I've looked up that people suggested don't appear to allow day passes or are sketchy such as the Rodeway :o. If I need to start calling around I will but I don't want to call every possible place without having some sort of idea if I'm on the right path or wasting my time on places that don't offer this.

Thanks in advance!

I plan to use the Rodeway for my full day wait until my flight home in the evening when I disembark the Eclipse in February. Although I haven’t booked it yet. I know you think it is “sketchy” but I don’t share your trepidation. I’m a big fan of doing my research on Trip Advisor before travelling and I think I am pretty good at weeding out the outliers when it comes to reviews that are opposed to the majority. For instance, I think one has to be careful with reviews written by people shortly after Irma as the hotel and surrounding areas were still in recovery mode. Most of the more recent reviews are fairly decent. For years I have been paying back by writing honest reviews of every hotel I stay at, and will do one of the Rodeway if I do end up spending my day there (or wherever else).

If I am just staying there for the day, all I need is a place to store my stuff, use the bathroom and a place to change before and after using the pool. I don’t care if the walls are cinder block and have no pictures hanging on them, or that the furniture is outdated, or the breakfast was not particularly good, etc. To me having a free shuttle to the airport is a big plus, and they have a pool (so I don’t have to spend all day in the room) as well as a restaurant.

I sincerely hope that you find something suitable for your day in Fort Lauderdale - everybody’s viewpoint is different.