Party member last second cancellation

TxShenanigans

Howdy Everyone,I’m sure this has been answered but it looks like my other party member may not make it for the cruise. He had something last second come up. My question is since the cruise is this sunday the only thing he can get back is the gratuity right? Also, im already checked in but if i show up for the cruise and hes not there will that impact my cruise? Will this cause problems for me getting on the boat? Just want to make sure.

Thank You!

No experience, but I've heard it's best to show up without him and not notify Carnival that he's canceling should you find out he definitely can't go. If he doesn't show up, you're all set. But if he cancels, you'll be charged a single supplement, essentially paying for his share of the cabin again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No..he won't be charged "single supplement", as there is no refund for the cancelled person's fare..they are WAY past the cancellation period. But...I would simply leave it as is...and if he doesn't show...no big deal. They will still refund tips and port fees/taxes to him.

No..he won't be charged "single supplement", as there is no refund for the cancelled person's fare..they are WAY past the cancellation period. But...I would simply leave it as is...and if he doesn't show...no big deal. They will still refund tips and port fees/taxes to him.

I've never experienced this personally, but LOTS of people who have state that if you cancel the 2nd person before boarding, there is a good chance you WILL be charged the single supplement. Which is why so many people recommend just leaving the second as a no-show this close to sailing- you're right, he's not entitled to any refund, even if he had 'cancel for no reason' insurance... every policy under that category I've seen has at least a 48-hour window before sailing, after which no refunds will be granted.

There is no refund at this point but Carnival will confiscate his cruise fare as the 100% penalty thus leaving open the possibility of the single supplement being added since the other fare is gone to penalty. This has been noted on here several times. Let sleeping dogs lie and just do the no show. The port fees and any prepaid gratuities will be refunded automatically .

I've never experienced this personally, but LOTS of people who have state that if you cancel the 2nd person before boarding, there is a good chance you WILL be charged the single supplement. Which is why so many people recommend just leaving the second as a no-show this close to sailing- you're right, he's not entitled to any refund, even if he had 'cancel for no reason' insurance... every policy under that category I've seen has at least a 48-hour window before sailing, after which no refunds will be granted.

They may say it but they have not experienced it. You are only pay second fare if the person on cancels and is eligible for a fare refund from the cruise line or insurance. If the cruise lines didn't make sure two fares are paid, people who scheme to book for two, pay for two, cancel one, get one fare back and sail solo.

There is no refund at this point but Carnival will confiscate his cruise fare as the 100% penalty thus leaving open the possibility of the single supplement being added since the other fare is gone to penalty. This has been noted on here several times. Let sleeping dogs lie and just do the no show. The port fees and any prepaid gratuities will be refunded automatically .

The non refunded cruise fare is the single supplement.