JR Shuttle Service Fort Lauderdale

Rockee4055

Has anyone ever used JR Shuttle service from Port Everglades to the airport?

I am searching for trans back to the airport and find that they are quite a bit pp lower then anyone else. I questions why.....

Just curious if anyone has used them and if you were happy with them?

Thanks in advance for any info!

We used JR Shuttle in Feb from hotel in Fort Lauderdale to Miami port and then again post cruise from the Port to FLL. We had a 9 am pick-up at the hotel and they were there at 8:45 with a van. Van was clean, great AC and really nice driver. We had arraigned for a 10 am pick up post cruise. We were off the ship and at the pick-up point by 8:30. I called there office and told them we were ready if they could come earlier. He said he would contact the driver. About 5 mins later the driver called and said he would be there in 15 mins. He was there in 20. We were staying in Fort Lauderdale for the night and the rest of our party was flying home. The driver stopped by our hotel and let us drop our bags off then took us all to the airport so we could pick up our rental car and the rest could catch their flight home.

Hope this helps. We would surely use them again.

If you are going from Port Everglades to Ft Lauderdale airport, the far better, easier and cheaper way to do it is taxi. $15 for the taxi.

I was checking the rates for the shuttle and it was $9.00 per person. We have 9 people so is that $15 per person or for the taxi?

We'll also have about 11 pcs of luggage and that would not fit in 2 taxis.

I was checking the rates for the shuttle and it was $9.00 per person. We have 9 people so is that $15 per person or for the taxi?

We'll also have about 11 pcs of luggage and that would not fit in 2 taxis.

3 taxis at about $15 per cab = $45-50

9 people x $9 each = $81

Sounds like and easy decision. ;) You might squeeze into two van taxis, but the wait is likely not worth it. Good luck! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

We used them three weeks ago. (Jan 2015). I would say use with caution. We had 12 in our group and chose them because of their rates. We booked on line and paid with credit card. They sent a van from another carrier and this company wanted to charge us. I told them we had already paid and he said that was fine. When we got home we had a charge of $10 per person from JR and $20 per person from the other vendor. The only way for the other vendor to have our credit card was for JR to have given it to the. Luckily our credit card company stepped up. Fraud charges were filed and we only paid JR. I would use them with caution!

I have no idea why people are talking about $9 per person and paying 3 taxis at $15 each one.

I just check at JR Shuttle, the fare is $5 per person. We just used them, they are good

Welcome to cruise critic! Why is this your first and only post?

I would just take 3 cabs. They go right where you want them too, no circling or waiting for a shuttle.

Hopefully the OP will check back in and let us know how it went.

• 2 years later...