Construction/Difficulty Parking at Port Canaveral

luvdisney2010

I just had a quick question. It has been a long time since I've sailed out of Port Canaveral. My mom and dad were theRe last October. My son sailed last November. My mom said they had a 2 hour wait trying to get into the lot to get dropped off, and parking was a disaster. My son said it took 30 minutes, maybe 45 tops. When I was there, I remember it being really easy. We are trying to decide what to do...leave cars at the hotel and shuttle over, park at the port, drive over the day of, etc. Price of parking is not a deciding factor. We are on the Oasis at Thanksgiving. TIA

We parked at the port in August. We arrived about 10:00am. We did wait in a short line to drop off luggage with the porters then found plenty of parking in the garage. Hopped on the elevator and walked into the terminal. We are doing the same this Sunday.

We have also done the hotel/shuttle many times. In the past couple of years (even before the Oasis arrived) the shuttle lines to drop off passengers has been horrible!!

Each time we sat on the shuttle for at least 30-45 min before we could inch our way to unload. It appears they don’t have enough porters, so they are only able to allow one to two cars in at a time. Therefore the line moves slowly.

Just wish they would do something to ease the congestion!!

We parked at the port in August. We arrived about 10:00am. We did wait in a short line to drop off luggage with the porters then found plenty of parking in the garage. Hopped on the elevator and walked into the terminal. We are doing the same this Sunday.

We have also done the hotel/shuttle many times. In the past couple of years (even before the Oasis arrived) the shuttle lines to drop off passengers has been horrible!!

Each time we sat on the shuttle for at least 30-45 min before we could inch our way to unload. It appears they don’t have enough porters, so they are only able to allow one to two cars in at a time. Therefore the line moves slowly.

Just wish they would do something to ease the congestion!!

Can you just park and take your luggage over with you? Do cars going to park go through the shuttle lines? In Tampa, we park and walk with our luggage over to the porter area.