Dining room secret menu items?

Produce123

hi there, during our my time dining at night can I order regular food that is not on the menu that night? Like a big fancy burger and huge plate of crispy fries? Or should I just save the embarrassment and eat at the buffet that night? Thanks.

LOL, lovin' those adjectives. You are assuming, however. Not so sure the burger would be big or fancy or the fries would be on a huge plate or crispy. I hope whichever foods you choose will satisfy your expectations! ;p

IDK if its still true, but if you ordered thru the maitre d, 24 hours in advance you could get Indian food. almost all the cooks are Indian, and will make you a special dinner, meat or vegetarian. I get the meat. They always give me enough for 4 people though lol, sometimes my tablemates will sample some, sometimes not.

Im not a really huge eater, too much food for a woman for sure.

Maybe they dont do it any more?

cant order thru your waiter, only thru the maitre d

Ive only ordered it when i have early or late seating, never with anytime dining, not sure how that would work.

IDK if its still true, but if you ordered thru the maitre d, 24 hours in advance you could get Indian food. almost all the cooks are Indian, and will make you a special dinner, meat or vegetarian. I get the meat. They always give me enough for 4 people though lol, sometimes my tablemates will sample some, sometimes not.

Im not a really huge eater, too much food for a woman for sure.

Maybe they dont do it any more?

cant order thru your waiter, only thru the maitre d

Ive only ordered it when i have early or late seating, never with anytime dining, not sure how that would work.

Hi Firefly haven't seen you on here in a long time :)

They have Indian vegetarian entrees in the mdr every night now. I think it's on the everyday menu.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

Every once in awhile order the Indian dinner and almost always way to spicy for me.
Yeah it's usually spicy but I love spicy food so it's good for me. Sometimes there's a VERY salty portion too. So salty I cant even eat it. I wish it had different meat to try as well' date=' I bet with all the Indian cooks it would taste great

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

unfortunately, there are no really good burgers aboard Carnival. I know I am in the minority, but the burgers on the grill, on ships without Guys, are much better, thicker and juicier than Guys, pressed dried out burgers. The first thing I am craving when I get home is a thick, juicy, MR burger. a really good burger does not need 10 topping to cover the flavor

I did not know there was a Secret Menu.

Its not a secret menu, they are talking about ordering off the childrens menu, which is allowed and has the banana splits etc.

idk if having indian food on the everyday menu took away the option to order indian from the cooks or not. guess Ill have to ask, much better than the preplated food.

Wasn't it the spaghetti carbonarro that you could get as an appetizer instead of main entree?

You can pretty much order anything as an appetizer. The carbonara is always good. So many choices in the dining room. Sometimes I will eat two appetizers instead of a main entree. Great to have flexibility. I have found that most times they have some of the same items on lido as in dining room. We always take at least one night off to eat outside of the dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A secret menu item - bacon. My husband always wants bacon on his caesar salad and he always asks the waiter to get it for him. I have yet to be on a ship (and we have sailed Princess, RCCL Norwegian, Carnival and Celebrity) where the waiter has not been able to get him bacon. It is not on the menu but they do have it at the ready. Just ask if you are a bacon lover. And also, if you want fries, they can get that for you too. Just ask. In fact, on subsequent nights, the waiter asks would you like bacon on your salad. Ha Ha.

IDK if its still true, but if you ordered thru the maitre d, 24 hours in advance you could get Indian food. almost all the cooks are Indian, and will make you a special dinner, meat or vegetarian. I get the meat. They always give me enough for 4 people though lol, sometimes my tablemates will sample some, sometimes not..

The Indian Vegetarian is always on the menu. If you want meat (Carnival calls it Non-Veg Indian), that is ordered 24 hrs in advance. On the Indian veg menu, 2 items are changed daily. On the Indian meat menu, the meat is switched with one of the daily veg items. The meat options are beef, chicken or fish. The hostesses should know what the meat will be. I wish they would serve it with naan instead of papadum.

The Indian Vegetarian is always on the menu. If you want meat (Carnival calls it Non-Veg Indian), that is ordered 24 hrs in advance. On the Indian veg menu, 2 items are changed daily. On the Indian meat menu, the meat is switched with one of the daily veg items. The meat options are beef, chicken or fish. The hostesses should know what the meat will be. I wish they would serve it with naan instead of papadum.

Can you order non-veg if you have anytime dining?

A secret menu item - bacon. My husband always wants bacon on his caesar salad and he always asks the waiter to get it for him. I have yet to be on a ship (and we have sailed Princess, RCCL Norwegian, Carnival and Celebrity) where the waiter has not been able to get him bacon. It is not on the menu but they do have it at the ready. Just ask if you are a bacon lover. And also, if you want fries, they can get that for you too. Just ask. In fact, on subsequent nights, the waiter asks would you like bacon on your salad. Ha Ha.

Your husband asking for bacon is an easy to make happen. The bacon is available for the baked potatoes. The fries are on the kids menu.

I think some requests are above and beyond what should be asked.

The person that asked for last nights entrée tonight isn't so reasonable.

We need to remember the galley isn't set up like a land based restaurant. Food is stored all over the ship but mostly below the passenger deck. It is brought to the galley as needed.

Something else to consider is food is plated and servers just pick up what they need. An entrée offering of Mac and Cheese with grilled chicken ordered without the chicken, will often show where the chicken was resting.

I have heard, but never tried myself, that if you ask to have something off of "tonight's" menu be saved for you for "tomorrow night" they will try and accomidate your request. Asking "today" for something off of "yesterday's menu" would be more problematic.