Hello from the Ruby!

ckb104

Greetings! Just finished my yummy dinner on our first formal night. I had the duck breast starter. For my main, I asked for the fettuccine with salmon. He brought me a piece of the wonderful salmon that was also on the menu with my pasta. We shared creme brule and the Chocolate Journeys hazelnut bar for dessert. Everything was delicious.

We boarded yesterday in Seattle and are headed for Juneau. It's been fun trying to walk straight with the waves and the Captain (Giorgio Pometa) just announced that we are entering an area of turbulence. This might get interesting. =)

For your info, we did get blue bags (and butter on the table). The Cruise Director is Matt from England. I believe he is new. He's lovely and hilarious. He made our muster drill fun.

The new Princess teddy bear, Stanley, is being released on our cruise. He was supposed to show up in the shop this afternoon. My mom just went upstairs to get him. Apparently, he comes with a piece of clothing appropriate to the cruise destination and on future cruises, you can get him other clothes that fit the destination of that cruise. He sounds pretty cute!

Someone had asked who was going to be performing in Crooners. Today's Patter lists performances from Christiaan Beer and David Williams. Hope that helps.

Will try to update to update as the week goes on. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to know.

Hi! Thanks for posting!

I board the Ruby on May 20 -- my 4th (3rd on Princess) Alaska cruise!

Question: if you can, which in-cabin TV channel is the "white noise" channel? (It was 45 on the Crown in Feb.) I don't want to bring my sound machine if I don't have to; SO nice having it on the TV.

ENJOY! :p

Thanks for posting "live". We will be on the Ruby for the May 20th cruise.

How was embarkation? What time did you arrive/get to your cabin?

Keep posting when you can would love to hear about your excursions and experience on the boat- especially the puppy day :)

We will leave Seattle for Juneau June 3 on the Ruby. It will be our first time cruising. If you get a chance, can you share what the main show is on the Ruby: Magic or Dance?

We just got off the Ruby in Seattle on Saturday. My wife's niece is a dancer in the theatre shows. We saw Magic To Do on Friday and I believe Colors of your World is also planned.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Blue bag?

Greetings! Just finished my yummy dinner on our first formal night. I had the duck breast starter. For my main, I asked for the fettuccine with salmon. He brought me a piece of the wonderful salmon that was also on the menu with my pasta. We shared creme brule and the Chocolate Journeys hazelnut bar for dessert. Everything was delicious.

We boarded yesterday in Seattle and are headed for Juneau. It's been fun trying to walk straight with the waves and the Captain (Giorgio Pometa) just announced that we are entering an area of turbulence. This might get interesting. =)

For your info, we did get blue bags (and butter on the table). The Cruise Director is Matt from England. I believe he is new. He's lovely and hilarious. He made our muster drill fun.

The new Princess teddy bear, Stanley, is being released on our cruise. He was supposed to show up in the shop this afternoon. My mom just went upstairs to get him. Apparently, he comes with a piece of clothing appropriate to the cruise destination and on future cruises, you can get him other clothes that fit the destination of that cruise. He sounds pretty cute!

Someone had asked who was going to be performing in Crooners. Today's Patter lists performances from Christiaan Beer and David Williams. Hope that helps.

Will try to update to update as the week goes on. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to know.

Thank you for your report. Looking forward to hearing more. Can you tell me who the naturalist is onboard?

That’s what I’d like to know also. Hopefully it’s Michael Modzelewsk on the Ruby this season.

Keep posting when you can would love to hear about your excursions and experience on the boat- especially the puppy day :)

My Mom is Elite, so we had priority boarding. Seattle was so efficient with all the checkpoints. We arrived by 11am. Boarding was technically scheduled for 1pm. By 12:45, we had boarded, gone to Passenger Services to sign up for the ship tour, squealed over our balcony and waved to people arriving on the pier, and finished eating at the buffet. It was amazing!

If you aren't elite or in a suite (that would be most of us!), I recommend getting there early and taking a book. Oh, and sit near the door in the waiting room. 😀

Sent from my VS820 using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Ruby in Seattle on Saturday. My wife's niece is a dancer in the theatre shows. We saw Magic To Do on Friday and I believe Colors of your World is also planned.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Colors of the World was the other night. We have been so busy that we didn't see it. We are loving the North to Alaska presentations, though.

Sent from my VS820 using Forums mobile app