Can you buy an FCD and then apply it to an existing booking?

canadarocks

I just booked a 2019 cruise today with the $1 deposit, but unfortunately we don't have any FCDs to apply. We're sailing in January 2018 and we'll buy a few FCDs then. After we buy them, can we apply one to the 2019 cruise we booked today?

I just booked a 2019 cruise today with the $1 deposit, but unfortunately we don't have any FCDs to apply. We're sailing in January 2018 and we'll buy a few FCDs then. After we buy them, can we apply one to the 2019 cruise we booked today?

Nope.

No, but once you have the FDC's you can cancel the 2019 cruise and re-book if the fare or promo is better. Remember if there are two you need to purchase an FDC in each person's name so each can get the FDC benefits.

No, but once you have the FDC's you can cancel the 2019 cruise and re-book if the fare or promo is better. Remember if there are two you need to purchase an FDC in each person's name so each can get the FDC benefits.

Thank you. I should have said that I intend to transfer it to my T.A. and re-book when a sale comes out. The $2 loss will obviously be worth it.

I have done this at least 3 times without issue by calling Princess directly. I have used a FCC for an existing booking after purchasing on board. I have also moved a FCC from a shorter booking to another longer booking. In both scenarios I did this in order to get the higher OBC.

I have done this at least 3 times without issue by calling Princess directly. I have used a FCC for an existing booking after purchasing on board. I have also moved a FCC from a shorter booking to another longer booking. In both scenarios I did this in order to get the higher OBC.

Very interesting and encouraging, thanks. :)