Noise from central entertainment areas in hump cabins?

cheffip

I was reading the S-class reviews which is a very handy feature. Many refer to how quiet the hump cabins such as

7260-7286 or 7217-7243 are because noise from the central lobby area is blocked by sliding glass doors. But strolling by these cabins on Silhouette I didn't see any sliding doors (just open space) and the sound from the band was very noticeable in the corridor. (I obviously wasn't in the cabins themselves.)

Can anyone clarify this noise issue please?

We have stayed in a PH on the hump many times, including Christmas and New Year cruise when there are many load activities in the central lobby. There is no sliding door at the PH end of the partition (not sure about the other end) but we never heard a thing - ever.

Thanks and good to hear the feedback. I'm on Silhouette now but moving cabins for our b2b. No sliding doors, just fire doors on decks 7-10. Noise in corridor seemed loud from the band in the lobby but good to know the cabins are quiet.

We too have stayed in cabins on the hump on Deck 7 and most recently deck 9 on Reflection and Exquinox. No noise at all from the grand foyer or even folks getting off the elevators. There is a wall between those areas. Enjoy your b2b.

Thanks everyone. Reassuring to hear that noise won't be an issue. It is strange that some S-class ships have sliding glass doors but not Silhouette. When I asked at the front desk today they had never heard of them!

I did see the heavy metal fire doors that can be closed in emergency situations.

I've stayed in ordinary 1A cabins on decks 8 and 9 and even with the glass door open I’ve never heard a thing in the cabin. I will say I’m really noise sensitive too.

Phil

Thanks Phil. No glass doors here but my sonophobia is under control. BTW, we sailed on the same Connie cruise 10 years ago...I never forget a name especially when it's the same as mine LOL.

- Phil

Thanks Phil. No glass doors here but my sonophobia is under control. BTW, we sailed on the same Connie cruise 10 years ago...I never forget a name especially when it's the same as mine LOL.

- Phil

Wow Phil! Good memory! What cruise was that? Was it the transatlantic? I’m embarrassed to say I don’t remember you. Sorry:o I’ve just booked Connie again for Christmas and first time back on her for a while, cruising on S-Class meanwhile. Enjoy Silhouette!:cool:

Phil

Wow Phil! Good memory! What cruise was that? Was it the transatlantic? I’m embarrassed to say I don’t remember you. Sorry:o I’ve just booked Connie again for Christmas and first time back on her for a while, cruising on S-Class meanwhile. Enjoy Silhouette!:cool:

Phil

No need for apologies Phil. It was a Caribbean cruise and was a very long time ago - lots of cruises under our belts since then :)We met at at the CC party and sat at adjacent tables in the MDR. - Phil

No need for apologies Phil. It was a Caribbean cruise and was a very long time ago - lots of cruises under our belts since then :)We met at at the CC party and sat at adjacent tables in the MDR. - Phil

I remember now Phil. Thanks for recalling it. That was a fun cruise:cool: I’m good with the faces, not so much names even if it’s the same as mine!

Phil

Silhouette does have sliding glass doors, at least on deck 10, the same on all S class ships. They are at the forward end of the hump, there are none at the rear of the hump by the stairs. So for example on deck 10 they are in the library.

Thanks everyone. Reassuring to hear that noise won't be an issue. It is strange that some S-class ships have sliding glass doors but not Silhouette. When I asked at the front desk today they had never heard of them!

I did see the heavy metal fire doors that can be closed in emergency situations.

I believe the S class ships all have those doors, but only on the front part of the hump. The rear part is open. Noise is not an issue.

We were in a hump cabin on deck 9 on the Silhouette last month (9235) right by the elevator entrance. We did hear music at night but put the white noise app on my phone and that was enough to block it out.

Silhouette does have sliding glass doors, at least on deck 10, the same on all S class ships. They are at the forward end of the hump, there are none at the rear of the hump by the stairs. So for example on deck 10 they are in the library.

We're currently on deck 10 and no sliding doors near the library or anywhere. In fact the library is wide open to elevator and lobby noise. I pity the poor souls trying to read there at night with the current band doing a bad but very loud Beatles tribute. But based on the comments here I expect little cabin noise when we change cabins. Great Med cruise and our first ever b2b. Life is good!

The library itself is indeed completely open to the atrium and the lifts. But unless there have been major changes since I was recently on board Silhouette, the automatic glass sliding doors people refer to are the exit forward from the library (between bookcases) to the midship corridors reducing noise to that area of the ship.

The library itself is indeed completely open to the atrium and the lifts. But unless there have been major changes since I was recently on board Silhouette, the automatic glass sliding doors people refer to are the exit forward from the library (between bookcases) to the midship corridors reducing noise to that area of the ship.

Thanks! I'm on the ship now as you know. I can actually see what I assume are the doors and tracks you describe but they are kept open day and night. Nothing slides open or shuts.

Currently 6243 on Silhouette; no doors but no noise whatsoever. Great location

I'm on your cruise Wiltonian...hope you're having a good time and glad to hear you're enjoying your location :)

The odd thing about the doors (I checked decks 7 and 10) is that they are there. If I slip my fingers in, i can feel the glass. But for whatever reason, they have been disabled and don't open or close. Tomorrow's a sea day so I may ask about them again, just to try to solve the mystery!