Bringing whiskey on

Ifortworth

But the rules dont apply to them....they just apply to everyone else

The other mindset is "I have paid my money so i get to do what i want when i want to do it. This vacation isnt about the other 3000 people on board, it is MY vacation" :rolleyes:

Don't forget that rules are for suckers....

My friends have a unique sense of humor shall we say, and hate rule breakers. They will gently slice along the seam of the RR, and close everything back up.

Your friends are what good people call vandals. I can only assume that their lack of moral character means they will also steal valuables they find in the suitcase. You need better friends.

Your friends are what good people call vandals. I can only assume that their lack of moral character means they will also steal valuables they find in the suitcase. You need better friends.

One good lack of morals deserves another, eh? Some might call that Karma. Me, I just call it hilarious.

One good lack of morals deserves another, eh? Some might call that Karma. Me, I just call it hilarious.

I wouldn't know. I don't smuggle. I actually want to pay extra to bring a decent bottle of scotch on board. Whatever their mark-up is, I'll pay it.

Also, your argument is called sophistry.

Risking a pretty decent paycheck for a $500 camera really isn’t their style. Now maybe you would, but that isn’t very smart. Trying to correct a smugglers ways and having a little fun in the process sounds like a win/win if u ask me [emoji106]

You misunderstood me. I didn't say your friends are dumb. I said they lack moral character. People with bad moral character are capable of many evil deeds, and sometimes smart enough to know when not to.

Take off the Carnival Corporation rose colored glasses and cruise on NCL where you can have their drinks package as a perk for 125.00 pp for 7 days worth of gratuities.

As long as you like crappy service and food, you will be happy with NCL.

Trying to get away with breaking the rules is a time honored tradition. Anyone who has ever been to high school will confirm.

You got the "high school" part right. Most people grow up after high school, though. Obviously not everyone.

As long as you like crappy service and food, you will be happy with NCL.
Sorry that your experience on the Dawn left you with such a poor taste about NCL. One bad experience should not cause you to write off an entire line, but it's your vacation dollar to spend as you wish. Have sailed on Carnival 18 times and the NCL Escape three times and I would rank all 3 of the Escape cruises in the top 10 of my 31 cruises so far.

Sorry that your experience on the Dawn left you with such a poor taste about NCL. One bad experience should not cause you to write off an entire line, but it's your vacation dollar to spend as you wish. Have sailed on Carnival 18 times and the NCL Escape three times and I would rank all 3 of the Escape cruises in the top 10 of my 31 cruises so far.

It wasn't just the Dawn. We had booked the Escape for our last cruise in early March but when NCL went back on something they told us we could do and refused to honour their commitment we decided that we would rather spend our money with someone else. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person to feel that NCL's food and service was sub-par.

Take off the Carnival Corporation rose colored glasses and cruise on NCL where you can have their drinks package as a perk for 125.00 pp for 7 days worth of gratuities.

I've often seen the smuggling justification of wanting something in the room and not needing to go to the bar for a drink, or the ship not carrying what the person prefers to drink. Usually these people claim to have Cheers (because they don't want to carry from their room) so I can't see how NCL would make any difference.

I need to get some pants with lots of pockets. Last trip, about 34th cruise, my rum runners were taken from my luggage. First time ever. Now I'll be wearing them. If they didn't charge such ridiculous prices for liquor this wouldn't be an issue. $28 for a $5 bottle f wine. $85 for a $20 bottle of bourbon.

Carnival lets each passenger over 21 bring one bottle on board with them. If passengers were willing to follow what they agreed to when booking the cruise it wouldn't be an issue either. Carnival clearly states what is and isn't allowed for beverages and there are other lines that do let you bring your own on, just not at Carnival's price or with their experience/atmosphere.

I enjoy drinking on a cruise, but I don't understand why it is such a burden to do without a preferred beverage for a cruise when there are so many other options. :confused: To me, if you absolutely must have a certain alcohol available and in your cabin then don't book on a mainstream cruise line. If you have your heart set on a mainstream cruise line for your vacation then suck it up and get a drink from the bar on the way back to your room, pay the expensive delivery cost, or just don't drink for a half an hour.:rolleyes:

Carnival lets each passenger over 21 bring one bottle on board with them. If passengers were willing to follow what they agreed to when booking the cruise it wouldn't be an issue either. Carnival clearly states what is and isn't allowed for beverages and there are other lines that do let you bring your own on, just not at Carnival's price or with their experience/atmosphere.

I enjoy drinking on a cruise, but I don't understand why it is such a burden to do without a preferred beverage for a cruise when there are so many other options. :confused: To me, if you absolutely must have a certain alcohol available and in your cabin then don't book on a mainstream cruise line. If you have your heart set on a mainstream cruise line for your vacation then suck it up and get a drink from the bar on the way back to your room, pay the expensive delivery cost, or just don't drink for a half an hour.:rolleyes:

We do not drink as much as we used to and pretty much stopped smuggling.

But why in the world do you care what others do?

banning water bottles because of smuggling is proof that this affects everyone

also eventually if Carnival believes it starts to eat into profits enough they will raise prices for everyone so compensate

so since it has already affected everyone... people care

I'm curious about human nature in general. Just because I don't understand something doesn't mean another's perspective isn't valid' date=' just that I don't understand and maybe someone will explain their point of view to me.

I "care" what others do when violating rules affects my cruising. Passengers used to be allowed to carry on bottled water and soft drinks, but that has been eliminated. Those with medical needs for liquids (eg water for a cpap) are required to purchase through the ship at $3 vs. bringing their own at less than half the cost. Others flaunting sharing drinks packages leads to the requirement that all in a cabin must purchase. If people keep bragging about how they smuggle alcohol, more stringent methods will likely come into play to - either further increased cost, longer waits for more thorough checks, or inability to bring on [i']any[/i] liquid. Contact solution is expensive enough - I really don't want to have to pay inflated ship costs and be limited to their choice of brand, same with mouth wash. I like being able to take my own wine on board, I don't want to have to choose between not having or having to choose a less desired name at an inflated cost.

I don’t smuggle on booze but a lot of posters better be careful about throwing rocks in their glass houses. Nobody is completely righteous. Whether it be on a ship or other parts of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm certainly far from righteous, but I do try to abide by contracts I enter. I didn't realize asking questions and presenting alternatives to violating the cruise agreement was throwing stones. The stone throwing passage also instructs the woman to 'go, and sin no more' not to keep on doing whatever you want 'just because none of us are perfect' so rules don't matter.

I'm curious about human nature in general. Just because I don't understand something doesn't mean another's perspective isn't valid, just that I don't understand and maybe someone will explain their point of view to me.

I "care" what others do when violating rules affects my cruising. Passengers used to be allowed to carry on bottled water and soft drinks, but that has been eliminated. Those with medical needs for liquids (eg water for a cpap) are required to purchase through the ship at $3 vs. bringing their own at less than half the cost. Others flaunting sharing drinks packages leads to the requirement that all in a cabin must purchase. If people keep bragging about how they smuggle alcohol, more stringent methods will likely come into play to - either further increased cost, longer waits for more thorough checks, or inability to bring on any liquid. Contact solution is expensive enough - I really don't want to have to pay inflated ship costs and be limited to their choice of brand, same with mouth wash. I like being able to take my own wine on board, I don't want to have to choose between not having or having to choose a less desired name at an inflated cost.

You can still bring soft drinks, they just have to be in cans.

A genuine question for those who constantly promote the "always follow the rules" "never cheat" mentality....I hope this comes off respectful as I am genuinely curious and not trying to be a jerk....to the above individuals...

Do you honestly always follow rules and never cheat...meaning have you ever driven 1 mile over the speed limit? Or have you never logged on to cruise critics at work while wasting company time? ETC ETC ETC Do you truly see the world in black and white with no gray area what so ever?

I'm curious about human nature in general. Just because I don't understand something doesn't mean another's perspective isn't valid, just that I don't understand and maybe someone will explain their point of view to me.

I "care" what others do when violating rules affects my cruising. Passengers used to be allowed to carry on bottled water and soft drinks, but that has been eliminated. Those with medical needs for liquids (eg water for a cpap) are required to purchase through the ship at $3 vs. bringing their own at less than half the cost. Others flaunting sharing drinks packages leads to the requirement that all in a cabin must purchase. If people keep bragging about how they smuggle alcohol, more stringent methods will likely come into play to - either further increased cost, longer waits for more thorough checks, or inability to bring on any liquid. Contact solution is expensive enough - I really don't want to have to pay inflated ship costs and be limited to their choice of brand, same with mouth wash. I like being able to take my own wine on board, I don't want to have to choose between not having or having to choose a less desired name at an inflated cost.

I'm certainly far from righteous, but I do try to abide by contracts I enter. I didn't realize asking questions and presenting alternatives to violating the cruise agreement was throwing stones. The stone throwing passage also instructs the woman to 'go, and sin no more' not to keep on doing whatever you want 'just because none of us are perfect' so rules don't matter.

You must have me mistaken I DO NOT condone violating rules. I just don’t think people should be on a soapbox chastising people. If they run the risk and get caught they pay the price. I’m saying an avid cruiser has circumvented a rule before. Being bringing something on or off the ship, letting there children into adult only areas or shows. Etc. or even just breaches of etiquette like line cutting or ordering before someone else who has been waiting longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A genuine question for those who constantly promote the "always follow the rules" "never cheat" mentality....I hope this comes off respectful as I am genuinely curious and not trying to be a jerk....to the above individuals...

Do you honestly always follow rules and never cheat...meaning have you ever driven 1 mile over the speed limit? Or have you never logged on to cruise critics at work while wasting company time? ETC ETC ETC Do you truly see the world in black and white with no gray area what so ever?

A genuine question for you in response. Seriously. Do you consider driving one mile per hour over the speed limit as morally corrupt as stealing? No judgement here. If you do, that's fine. Just asking in all seriousness whether you consider them to be of equal immorailty.

As long as you are going to try to be respectful I will answer for myself. I do try to follow the rules where ever I can but I am not perfect. What I DO differently is that I am NOT proud of breaking any rules and try to never do it purposefully. I DONT share it online like a badge of honor and DONT believe its ok. I dont mind saying that I have faults and that I do wrong and I try to fix them where ever I can.

Many people here feel entitled to do what they want. Feel its absolutely ok and make excuses of all sorts to justify that what they are doing is ok even when it affects others.

so... For example -

someone posted a review and in the review they said they gave their child some drinks from cheers because they didnt read all the rules and now feels a bit guilty... I would respect because things happen

Someone posted here that they share their cheers because the prices are high and they feel its nobody's business and they dont care what people feel because they can sleep at night and they feel a sense of accomplishment cheating the cruiseline... I would post in this case about the rules and how they look because this is someone who has no regard to others.

Hopefully you (and others) can be respectful of my opinion