% of Passengers Cruise the Entire World Cruise

Dcoy

I’m booked on the Queen Victoria for a 94 day World Cruise next January. This cruise has “segments” where passengers embark and disembark at certain ports during the cruise.

My question is to those who stay on the ship for the full cruise. How many or what % of the passengers are booked for the full world cruise? Are most of the passengers there for the entire world cruise or is there a lot of movement at these ports with disembarking and embarking.

Also, does this affect the passengers who are staying and trying to leave the ship to take tours at these ports?

Thanks ahead for your responses.

Don

We were on the Queen Mary 2 for 94 days, and were usually unaffected by the change of passengers at each segment. I think about 1/4 of the passengers were there for the entire world cruise.

The dining room still served us and other services were available as usual. The tours still meet in the theater and take stairs to exit at a lower door. The departing passengers finishing a segment I think left the ship from the main door. There was one port where everyone, tours and departing passengers, got off from the main door and it was a huge, huge mess.

No one does getting off the ship worse than Cunard. They are really organized when tenders have to be used, but it's a zoo other times on the QM2. Lines (cues) will form, but crashers come from the other end, or from the elevators, and no staff polices anything. Those staricases will be filled and overly crowded, yet people are arriving on the elevators near the exit door and don't have to get in line. I am always baffled by why they can do such a great job with tenders and not handle other stops as well.

I hope it's better on the QV or QE, due to less passengers, but I don't know.

Plus I would ask if you have joined a Roll Call thread which may, or may not give you a feel for the ratio. I am definitely not saying it will be indicative but it might and you can also have a chat with folks on the same cruise ;)

Plus I would ask if you have joined a Roll Call thread which may, or may not give you a feel for the ratio. I am definitely not saying it will be indicative but it might and you can also have a chat with folks on the same cruise ;)

glojo

Yes I joined the Roll Call right after I booked the cruise. It's not very active yet with only 7 signed up, 3 of us taking the full cruise.

Don

In an article I read (that I can't find now) the author guessed that 40% of the people on board were doing the entire cruise. Personally, I think that might have been a little high.

That sounds high to me, too.

When we did the Australia circumnavigation, we met a couple taking the world cruise who were very disappointed to discover that not all pax were on the full world cruise. Cunard should have filled this ship with world cruisers. And Australia was shocking! People getting on and off at each port as if it was some kind of a bus!

I didn't want to tell her that we were just on for 22 days. I was afraid she'd call Security and have us forcibly removed from their vicinity.

There were 195 this year on Queen Elizabeth. On major segment ports, those staying on board were advised to go ashore early or wait until disembarking passengers had left especially if there was an immigration check.

QV seems to be popular for 2014 and there was talk of around 700 for the full cruise when I was on QE. This may well change if the ship does not call in to Argentina. There are also quite a few doing FL-LA. There are a few options for the world voyage with the Southampton round-trip being 116 nights.

Immigration at FL was a fiasco on QE this year on both visits. The second call did go easier but it still took until around 13:00 until all passengers had been cleared.

Immigration at FL was a fiasco on QE this year on both visits. The second call did go easier but it still took until around 13:00 until all passengers had been cleared.

From what I've read this has been true for almost all ships arriving in Port Everglades this year.

Will this effect all passengers on the ship or do we go through this procedure just the once at the first US port of call?

I am thinking the ship may well call into four or five ports in the US.

Will this effect all passengers on the ship or do we go through this procedure just the once at the first US port of call?

I am thinking the ship may well call into four or five ports in the US.

In Fort Lauderdale all passengers and crew had to disembark and were not able to return to the ship until all had been processed.

If there are consecutive US ports of call then you only do immigration at the first port. As soon as you visit another country you will need to do immigration again.

In LA, this was done on the ship (upper level of the Britannia) and was quick. If you go straight to Hawaii, no further immigration.

In Fort Lauderdale all passengers and crew had to disembark and were not able to return to the ship until all had been processed.

If there are consecutive US ports of call then you only do immigration at the first port. As soon as you visit another country you will need to do immigration again.

In LA, this was done on the ship (upper level of the Britannia) and was quick. If you go straight to Hawaii, no further immigration.

Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for that answer and if I may i will have a follow-up question on our roll call? :)

Archived