Live on the Westerdam - Pacific Coastal

Crew News

I will be boarding the Westerdam tomorrow for a four day cruise from San Diego to Vancouver BC with a stop in Victoria BC.

As is my normal practice, I will be searching for menus, taking lots of on-board photos, and making observations of the Westerdam after the dry dock upgrades.

Feel free to post any questions and I will spend my three sea days finding answers from those in the know.

I will be boarding at Vancouver for the next leg of the Westerdam around Hawaii. The name of the Captain and Officers would be appreciated.

SW

Consider it done. I will post as many of the staff as possible.

I will be boarding the Westerdam tomorrow for a four day cruise from San Diego to Vancouver BC with a stop in Victoria BC.

As is my normal practice, I will be searching for menus, taking lots of on-board photos, and making observations of the Westerdam after the dry dock upgrades.

Feel free to post any questions and I will spend my three sea days finding answers from those in the know.

Hi Crew News,

If you have time would appreciate information on the Rijksmuseum at sea. I read on one post from HAL, that HAL will provide pencils, paper and will also provide instruction on one aspect of drawing per day to passengers, but I have never found on any cruise posts any collaborating confirmation that this occurs. We are going to be on Westerdam for 28 days so very curious.

I will be boarding at Vancouver for the next leg of the Westerdam around Hawaii. The name of the Captain and Officers would be appreciated.

SW

SW, I believe our master will be Captain Mark Rowden. See you in Vancouver! :)

Bon Voyage, Crew News!

Yay! We’ll be boarding on 4/29 for our first Alaska cruise. Anticipating your photos and info with eagerness.

We are also on 4/29, first Alaska and also first HAL so looking forward to your information as well, thanks.

Great, I am really looking forward to this!

Will you post the menus here or on your website rogerjett-photography.com? :)

It's great that you are onboard quite often and provide essential information to us!

When you are on Zuiderdam next time, recent photos from her after her dry dock are also highly appreciated. :cool:

Great, I am really looking forward to this!

Will you post the menus here or on your website rogerjett-photography.com? :)

It's great that you are onboard quite often and provide essential information to us!

When you are on Zuiderdam next time, recent photos from her after her dry dock are also highly appreciated. :cool:

Any photographs that I take will be in RAW format and will have to be converted to jpg files and then placed in my website gallery so that I can post them here. The only menus that I am sure of obtaining are for this 4-day cruise and of little value to anyone not on this cruise. Since this ship will going to both Hawaii and Alaska, I will try to get those.

I am not planning on being on the Zuiderdam in the foreseeable future but I have been on her for two Panama Canal cruises and Alaska in the past.

Hi Crew News,

If you have time would appreciate information on the Rijksmuseum at sea. I read on one post from HAL, that HAL will provide pencils, paper and will also provide instruction on one aspect of drawing per day to passengers, but I have never found on any cruise posts any collaborating confirmation that this occurs. We are going to be on Westerdam for 28 days so very curious.

I will inquire doe you.

My first impression after a few hours on board:

• Very nice looking after drydock
  • Both A/C and USB ports on both sides of the bed.
  • Two additional A/C outlets on desktops
  • Three additional A/C outlets under the desk where the old TV and DVD players were connected.
  • Marble desktops - not to good for optical mouse use
  • No medicine cabinets in SS staterooms
  • All carpets and furniture throughout
  • Chocolate Seduction gone
  • Movie theater gone
  • New Canaletto menu for me to scan
  • New Bar Menus with higher prices for me to scan
  • Interesting new faucets in the bathrooms
  • No personal power strips permitted - lots of A/C outlets
  • Security in San Diego did not confiscate any of my extension cords/adapters
  • New elevator signage

I met a source who is trying to get me the menus for both Hawaii and Alaska cruises. Internet prices: $14.99/day for social media, $24.99/day for surfing, $29.99 for streaming. I will post my impressions of the internet speeds.

More later.

My first impression after a few hours on board:

• Very nice looking after drydock
  • Both A/C and USB ports on both sides of the bed.
  • Two additional A/C outlets on desktops
  • Three additional A/C outlets under the desk where the old TV and DVD players were connected.
  • Marble desktops - not to good for optical mouse use
  • No medicine cabinets in SS staterooms
  • All carpets and furniture throughout
  • Chocolate Seduction gone
  • Movie theater gone
  • New Canaletto menu for me to scan
  • New Bar Menus with higher prices for me to scan
  • Interesting new faucets in the bathrooms
  • No personal power strips permitted - lots of A/C outlets
  • Security in San Diego did not confiscate any of my extension cords/adapters
  • New elevator signage

I met a source who is trying to get me the menus for both Hawaii and Alaska cruises. Internet prices: $14.99/day for social media, $24.99/day for surfing, $29.99 for streaming. I will post my impressions of the internet speeds.

More later.

Thank you! Will the new Canaletto menu be fleetwide? I am sailing the Noordam in June and have reservations for the first evening.

Thank you! Will the new Canaletto menu be fleetwide? I am sailing the Noordam in June and have reservations for the first evening.

I'm not sure about fleetwide as the Canaletto Manager just printed his recently. I will be comparing the items for any major changes.

Wow, great info.... really interested in the wine menus, by the glass and bottle. We will be bringing some special bottles but it’s making my head hurt trying to figure out how many. Past menus didn’t look too great as far as choices, hopefully there will be some new labels. Again, thank you so much for your reconnaissance👍🏻