Upgrade QE2

pavilions

That is one very nice upgrade. You will have a much better deal in the Caronia than in Mauritania. For a start you will not have the dreaded two sittings. And 3 deck is in a good position deckwise, and no funny diesel smells!!. Have a great trip There are some pictures of a C 5 cabin on 3 deck, which should be similar, here - (choose QE2 World cruise) http://www.imageevent.com/mufi

David

Hi

Also, C4 cabins have bathtubs (not just showers) so that's an extra treat.

I had cabin 3167 in August 2002 with two others (the cabin had 3 lower beds) and it was quite nice and suited our needs just fine.

My only "complaint" (but it was really not a big deal) was that 3 Deck aft seemed far away from the Caronia Dining Room... this only bothered me when I wanted to leave the table to retrieve or replace something from the cabin.

Bon Voyage!

Michael

New York City

Pavilions,

I think you will really like the upgrade to Caronia. The restaurant is single seating and IMO much nicer than Mauretania. We were able to linger at dinner and enjoy conversation with our dinner companions. We booked a Caronia guarantee last year and was assigned a C3. The room was small but quite adequate and comfortable with plenty of storage. The bathroom was larger than I had expected with a tub/shower. Were I to sail the QE2 again, as I hope I can, I would strongly consider booking Caronia.

Have a wonderful voyage.

How did you manage to upgrade? Did you request it' date=' as we did but have not yet heard anything and we sail next Saturday!!

Thanks[/quote']

My son booked it and then had some brochures through which indicated there were some special deals so he contacted the booking agent who in turn contacted Cunard and we got upgraded by two decks and from M to C cabin with their compliments - if you don't ask you don't get.

Just to make it clearer; I think this is what happened...

Pavillions is saying is that her son (who booked the voyage) paid "X" amount and then the prices dropped, so he called his travel agent or Cunard and was moved into a cabin that now matched the amount he had paid.

It's only fair.

It's up to the passengers (or their travel agents) to monitor prices from the moment they book up to the week they sail... and if the prices are lower then get on the horn to your TA right away and ask if she/he can do anything for you.

Pavillions, I hope I did you justice in "expanding" on your response.

Michael

New York

Agree with Michael - one must be vigilant. You will really like Carnoia. Tihs used to be the 1st class restaurant - Columbia - when QE2 was a 2 class ship and is in my opinion what an ocean liner DR should be (which is why the elevators adjacent the Caronia DR stop no further than deck three). Your C4 cabin will be one of the top cabins in the old tourist class. As one goes up in deck, the cabins get somewhat smaller and you cannot always go by the deck plan configuration. You will be near the Florist and Laundry room if you are Aft. The pool is two decks up and the purser's office one. The midships elevator will take you directely to your Restaurant. It is much better to have single seating - the table is yours for every meal for the entire times posted.

It can be cramped in those shower only cabins in that one cannot generally bend down when in the shower due to lack of space, so the C4 is a good perk. C5's are shower only.

Just to make it clearer; I think this is what happened...

Pavillions is saying is that her son (who booked the voyage) paid "X" amount and then the prices dropped, so he called his travel agent or Cunard and was moved into a cabin that now matched the amount he had paid.

It's only fair.

It's up to the passengers (or their travel agents) to monitor prices from the moment they book up to the week they sail... and if the prices are lower then get on the horn to your TA right away and ask if she/he can do anything for you.

Pavillions, I hope I did you justice in "expanding" on your response.

Michael

New York

I am sure you are right in what you say so thank you for expanding on the reasons. Anyway, it all sounds wonderful and we are really looking forward to our first trip on the QE2.

We went on the Black Prince (Fred Olsen) last year - any tips to combat sea sickness as unfortunately we missed the Captain's Welcome Party as we were laid up in our cabin????

Archived