Unable to check in on line.

Six of us are going on the Spirit of Iberia next week. We did two separate bookings. We have been able to check in on line but the others have been unable to do so.

The Tui travel agent has told the others to arrive at the airport three hours before the flight, which I think is too early.

My wife's elderly parents are going and one of them needs a wheelchair. We were going to take this and their luggage as we have a bigger car. Our car is booked in about two hours before the flight and it's non flexible. The other four are going in another car.

Any ideas or suggestions. We are going from Newcastle airport if that's any help.

Check-in at the airport always used to be three hours before flight time for short haul and four hours for long haul. Even having checked in on line, I like to get there dead early. It’s a “just in case” thing.

Have you booked assistance at the airport for the parent who uses the wheelchair? Newcastle Airport are really good with this.

Six of us are going on the Spirit of Iberia next week. We did two separate bookings. We have been able to check in on line but the others have been unable to do so.

The Tui travel agent has told the others to arrive at the airport three hours before the flight, which I think is too early.

My wife's elderly parents are going and one of them needs a wheelchair. We were going to take this and their luggage as we have a bigger car. Our car is booked in about two hours before the flight and it's non flexible. The other four are going in another car.

Any ideas or suggestions. We are going from Newcastle airport if that's any help.

Firstly they dont let everybody check in online ,think the figure is about 75% ,if they did and the plane was full and everybody checked in the allowed (from) 7 days in advance they would have to start allocating the extra legroom seats etc for free, they will always hold back these as long as possible so they have a chance to sell them.

Two hours is ample for check in, at three hours the check in desks might not even be open.

Some people confuse the terms "bag drop desk" and "check in desk" they are both the same and everyone is in the same cue for the same desks irrespective of whether you are checked in online or not.

Normally they say 3 Hours for international flights and 2 hours for local flights. Some airports are more crowded than others. And some will not check in you if you arrive so early. The best is to call your flight company and ask.