[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:44 PM.
Redmond, Washington, USA
7,745 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Originally posted by TMLAalum
We don't get into PDX til 9pm on the 18th, so that evening won't work. But I was mistaken about the timeshare dates- it's from Sat 21 to Sat 28. We are staying with my sister in Estacada but will have use of a vehicle. So we have the 19, 20, 29 & 30th free thus far.

Let's email- beejaybeeohio at netscape dot net.

Attn: Jim & Kathleen
Up for a drive to Manson?

Barb
Barb,
Just wanted to drop you a note and let you know that regrettably, we won't be able to meet up in Chelan at the end of the month. In our new job (in the travel industry) we are going to cruise to Alaska on HAL. for a week and we leave that Saturday. Darn!

Let us know if you come back this way. Hopefully we will be free.

Jim
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
See our latest travel pics and reviews at http://www.jkbellomo.com

Cruises on the horizon
4/18 Another trip to Alaska, this time on HAL's Westerdam
9/18 Around Puget Sound on Explorer of the Seas for Seth's Birthday
10/18 New England and Canada on Summit
6/19 From Dublin to Iceland and back again on Reflection

Cruises Behind Us
  1. 8/2000 Alaska on HAL (old Westerdam)
  2. 3/2002 Mexico on Carnival (the cruise from and to hell)
  3. 11/2004 Panama Canal on Infinity (We fall in love with X)
  4. 9/2005 Pacific Northwest on Infinity(Martini Mates Forever!)
  5. 2/2006 Eastern Caribbean on Infinity
  6. 6/2006 Pacific Coastal on Infinity
  7. 10/2006 Exotic Mediterranean & the Black Sea on Galaxy
  8. 8/2007 North to Alaska with the Martini Mates on Infinity! (Are we on a Carnival cruise?)
  9. 10/2007 Western Mediterranean on Century
  10. 8/2008 Alaska again...on Infinity...again (We can't help ourselves)
  11. 10/2008 Oosterdam to Mexican Riviera
  12. 03/2009 Eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Solstice with the Mates! (I went for the Mates, still hate the Caribbean)
  13. 10/09 Pacific NW on Mercury (Close to home and fun)
  14. 2/10 Azamara Quest to SE Asia (Amazing trip! Amazing ship!)
  15. 05/11 Zaandam around the Sound from Vancouver
  16. 09/11 Century to Alaska (Back we go again)
  17. 01/12 Century Down Under from Auckland to Sydney
  18. 11/12 Century to Hawaii with the original Martini Mates (It's not a race. Too much Century)
  19. 06/13 The Baltic on Eclipse with a SUPER Cruise Critic roll call!
  20. 11/14 The Panama Canal 10 years later (to the day) with the Martini Mates on Infinity (same ship in the same cabin)
  21. 8/16 British Isles on Celebrity Silhouette
  22. 6/17 Martini Mates return to Alaska one more time on Solstice
Lake Erie's South Shore
4,102 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Originally posted by DrKoob
Barb,
Just wanted to drop you a note and let you know that regrettably, we won't be able to meet up in Chelan at the end of the month. In our new job (in the travel industry) we are going to cruise to Alaska on HAL. for a week and we leave that Saturday. Darn!

Let us know if you come back this way. Hopefully we will be free.

Jim
Hmm- a meetup in WA vs. an Alaskan cruise. Your new job sounds perfect for you with your great organizational and travel research skills.

If organizing busses to the Tattoo was a challenge...
On our B2B Buenos Aires-Chile-San Diego cruises for next year, there is a fellow on our roll calls who runs excursions in every port. He has many tour options offered in each one and evidently has a huge following of others who've cruised with him previously. Frankly, I think it's too much work to be done out of altruism, so more power to him.

Barb
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
Celebrity Edge E.Caribbean Inaugural: 12/16/18
Celebrity Eclipse B2B Buenos Aires-Chile-San Diego March 10 to April 8 2019
Most Unique:
William Clay Ford, Ford Motor Company Flagship-Duluth MN to Detroit MI-8/86
President #7-Yangtze River-5/14
11 Cruises with Celebrity
1 Cruise on NCL
Houston, Texas
2,170 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Hmm- a meetup in WA vs. an Alaskan cruise. Your new job sounds perfect for you with your great organizational and travel research skills.

If organizing busses to the Tattoo was a challenge...
On our B2B Buenos Aires-Chile-San Diego cruises for next year, there is a fellow on our roll calls who runs excursions in every port. He has many tour options offered in each one and evidently has a huge following of others who've cruised with him previously. Frankly, I think it's too much work to be done out of altruism, so more power to him.

Barb

I am amazed at the amount of work Bill does. I am not sure if its only an altruistic endeavor though. I am being particularly lazy on that cruise and am booking his tours. No research needed. Since we pay him for all in cash, he gets the credit card advantage plus, probably a deal from the tour companies. He deserves whatever he gets for all the work he does. They all just about use 14-16 pax minivans. Undecided about Lima however. I like the tours he has planned but I may do some research on that one to satisfy my need to see the Jewish cultural aspect of Lima.
Looking forward to seeing you and Fred again on that one.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Arlene - Diamond+

Future Cruises:
2017-AmaWaterways-Vietnam/Cambodia; 2018-Celebrity Summit-Canada/New England; 2019-Celebrity Edge (hopefully); Celebrity Eclipse-Chile to San Diego
Past Cruises:
2017-RCI-Serenade OTS-TA Copenhagen to Boston: RCI-Serenade-OTS-Norwegian Fjords: 2016-RCI-Harmony OTS -TA Barcelona to Fla; Celebrity Silhouette-British Isles; RCI-Liberty OTS-Western Caribbean; 2015-RCI Anthem OTS-Southampton to NJ; RCI-Adventure OTS B2B Southern Caribbean, AmaLyra-Nuremberg to Paris; 2014-Celebrity Infinity-Panama Canal, AmaVerde-Prague to Budapest; 2013-RCI-Mariner OTS-Western Caribbean, RCI-Navigator OTS Western Caribbean; 2012-RCI-Radiance OTS-Australia/New Zealand; 2011-RCI-Jewel OTS-TA England/Boston; 2011-RCI-Jewel OTS-Baltic; 2011-RCI-Allure OTS-Western Caribbean; 2010-Navigator OTS-Eastern Med; 2010-RCI-Voyager OTS-Western Carribean; 2010-RCI-Voyager OTS-Western Caribbean; 2009-RCI-Voyager OTS-TA Galveston/England; 2008-Celebrity Expedition-Galapagos Islands; 2008-RCI-Sovereign OTS-Western Caribbean; 2007-RCI-Voyager OTS-TA Barcelona/Galveston; 2007-Disney-Wonder-Caribbean; 2006-RCI-Splendor OTS-TA Venice/Galveston; 2005-RCI-Vision OTS-Alaska; 2004-RCI-Legend OTS-Hawaii; 2003-RCI-Rhapsody OTS-Western Caribbean; 2002-Carnival-Celebration-Caribbean; 1993-RCI-Sovereign OTS-Eastern Caribbean
Lake Erie's South Shore
4,102 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Originally posted by arbarkar
I am amazed at the amount of work Bill does. I am not sure if its only an altruistic endeavor though. I am being particularly lazy on that cruise and am booking his tours. No research needed. Since we pay him for all in cash, he gets the credit card advantage plus, probably a deal from the tour companies. He deserves whatever he gets for all the work he does. They all just about use 14-16 pax minivans. Undecided about Lima however. I like the tours he has planned but I may do some research on that one to satisfy my need to see the Jewish cultural aspect of Lima.
Looking forward to seeing you and Fred again on that one.
We have reserved with some of the companies he uses, independent of his tours-
Are you & Barry AQ? Fred & I are 2Cers and usually head to the Sky Lounge for Elite Happy Hour and then mosey off to the MDR @7 with others that we've socialized with there. Hope that we can enjoy dinner together!

Can't wait to share my TWO DNA results with you- still wondering....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
Celebrity Edge E.Caribbean Inaugural: 12/16/18
Celebrity Eclipse B2B Buenos Aires-Chile-San Diego March 10 to April 8 2019
Most Unique:
William Clay Ford, Ford Motor Company Flagship-Duluth MN to Detroit MI-8/86
President #7-Yangtze River-5/14
11 Cruises with Celebrity
1 Cruise on NCL
Houston, Texas
2,170 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
We have reserved with some of the companies he uses, independent of his tours-
Are you & Barry AQ? Fred & I are 2Cers and usually head to the Sky Lounge for Elite Happy Hour and then mosey off to the MDR @7 with others that we've socialized with there. Hope that we can enjoy dinner together!

Can't wait to share my TWO DNA results with you- still wondering....

1C-8245. Not AQ-Remember we are only on the second leg. Happy and dinner. Sounds good Want to hear your stories.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Arlene - Diamond+

Future Cruises:
2017-AmaWaterways-Vietnam/Cambodia; 2018-Celebrity Summit-Canada/New England; 2019-Celebrity Edge (hopefully); Celebrity Eclipse-Chile to San Diego
Past Cruises:
2017-RCI-Serenade OTS-TA Copenhagen to Boston: RCI-Serenade-OTS-Norwegian Fjords: 2016-RCI-Harmony OTS -TA Barcelona to Fla; Celebrity Silhouette-British Isles; RCI-Liberty OTS-Western Caribbean; 2015-RCI Anthem OTS-Southampton to NJ; RCI-Adventure OTS B2B Southern Caribbean, AmaLyra-Nuremberg to Paris; 2014-Celebrity Infinity-Panama Canal, AmaVerde-Prague to Budapest; 2013-RCI-Mariner OTS-Western Caribbean, RCI-Navigator OTS Western Caribbean; 2012-RCI-Radiance OTS-Australia/New Zealand; 2011-RCI-Jewel OTS-TA England/Boston; 2011-RCI-Jewel OTS-Baltic; 2011-RCI-Allure OTS-Western Caribbean; 2010-Navigator OTS-Eastern Med; 2010-RCI-Voyager OTS-Western Carribean; 2010-RCI-Voyager OTS-Western Caribbean; 2009-RCI-Voyager OTS-TA Galveston/England; 2008-Celebrity Expedition-Galapagos Islands; 2008-RCI-Sovereign OTS-Western Caribbean; 2007-RCI-Voyager OTS-TA Barcelona/Galveston; 2007-Disney-Wonder-Caribbean; 2006-RCI-Splendor OTS-TA Venice/Galveston; 2005-RCI-Vision OTS-Alaska; 2004-RCI-Legend OTS-Hawaii; 2003-RCI-Rhapsody OTS-Western Caribbean; 2002-Carnival-Celebration-Caribbean; 1993-RCI-Sovereign OTS-Eastern Caribbean
Caledonia, ON Canada
456 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Good afternoon everyone. Question: Uber vs Lyft. Preference? Why?
Some hotels we had looked at offered shuttle service to/from airport/cruise port and didn’t think the difference of$100 is worth the cost as checking on Uber an approx costs came in much less

Sue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:

Celebrity Infinity Sept 2018 cruising West through the Panama Canal

Previous Cruises:
Celebrity Mercury Alaska Sept 2010
Celebrity Silhouette Caribbean Dec 2011
Celebrity Century Alaska Sept 2013
Celebrity Solstice Repositioning, we travelled to Hawaii, Sept 2014
Celebrity Refection Caribbean Dec 2015; Celebrity Silhouette British Isles 2016 (and the Silhouetters!)
Celebrity Summit Celebrating Fireworks and more! June 2017
Redmond, Washington, USA
7,745 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Originally posted by redlady62
Some hotels we had looked at offered shuttle service to/from airport/cruise port and didn’t think the difference of$100 is worth the cost as checking on Uber an approx costs came in much less

Sue

Hi Sue,

No preference from us. We are Uber people. Have only used Lyft once and it was just fine but I like the Uber app better. Both are infinitely better than a taxi. Have used taxi's for many years but once Uber got here, they got my business because I like to know exactly how much it's going to cost before I get in the car and know that it will be charged to my credit card which they already have. No cash changes hands. Just love the whole idea or Uber and Lyft.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either one. We have had great luck with Uber everywhere. Toronto, San Diego, here in Seattle and other places.

Jim
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruises on the horizon

Cruises Behind Us
  8. 8/2007 North to Alaska with the Martini Mates on Infinity! (Are we on a Carnival cruise?)
  12. 03/2009 Eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Solstice with the Mates! (I went for the Mates, still hate the Caribbean)
  18. 11/12 Century to Hawaii with the original Martini Mates (It's not a race. Too much Century)
  20. 11/14 The Panama Canal 10 years later (to the day) with the Martini Mates on Infinity (same ship in the same cabin)
SoCal
1,618 Posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sue

I have never used Lyft; One thing I like about the app on Uber, you can see exactly where your driver is.

And if that tech readily available at your fingertips indicates someone is going to be super late, well, a taxi is always readily available.

I would say almost 95% of the time, though, if there is enough of a taxi queue, it follows that there is enough of a presence for UBER, and the wait is very minimal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
*31) Celebrity Reflection, Jun 2019, Iceland & Ireland
*30) Celebrity Edge (Inaugural*), Dec 2018, Eastern Caribbean
*29) Celebrity Summit, Oct 2018, Fall Foliage

28) Pacific Princess, Nov 2017, Adriatic & Greece
27) Celebrity Solstice, Jun 2017, Alaska
26) Mariner of the Seas, Jan 2017, SE Asia (Bangkok/Vietnam)
25) Mariner of the Seas, Jan 2017, SE Asia (Phuket/Malaysia)
24) Rhapsody of the Seas, Western Caribbean, Dec 2016
23) Celebrity Silhouette, Aug 2016, British Isles
22) Brilliance of the Seas, Oct 2015, Fall Foliage
21) Celebrity Millennium, May 2015, Alaska
20) Viking Rinda, December 2014, Romantic Danube
19) Sapphire Princess, Oct 2013, California Coastal
18) Adventure of the Seas, May 2013, Spain & France
17) Celebrity Solstice, Nov 2012, Asia-Australia
16) Allure of the Seas, Dec 2011, Eastern Caribbean
15) Celebrity Eclipse, May 2011, Scandinavia
14) Celebrity Century, Apr 2010, Caribbean
13) Island Princess, Nov 2009, Panama Canal
12) Sapphire Princess, April 2009, Mexican Riviera
11) Adventure of the Seas, October 2008, Southern Caribbean
10) Vision of the Seas, May 2008, Mexican Riviera
9) Radiance of the Seas, June 2007, Alaska
8) Radiance of the Seas, December 2006, Eastern Caribbean
7) Navigator of the Seas, March 2006, Eastern Caribbean
6) Navigator of the Seas, March 2006, Western Caribbean
5) Legend of the Seas, December 2003-January 2004, Ensenada MX to Honolulu
4) Legend of the Seas, January 2001, Sydney to Auckland
3) Legend of the Seas, October 1999, Barcelona to Athens
2) Monarch of the Seas, November 1995, Southern Caribbean
1) Sitmar Fairsea, Mexican Riviera, Apr 1981
Caledonia, ON Canada
456 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by bob221b1
I have never used Lyft; One thing I like about the app on Uber, you can see exactly where your driver is.

And if that tech readily available at your fingertips indicates someone is going to be super late, well, a taxi is always readily available.

I would say almost 95% of the time, though, if there is enough of a taxi queue, it follows that there is enough of a presence for UBER, and the wait is very minimal.
Thank you Bob and Jim for your thoughts. Our god-daughter loves Uber (lives in Seattle, and yes I sent her info about a new TA in town ) and I know some of the Silhouetters have mentioned Uber in the past. Living in rural area there is 1 real taxi company and I have no idea is Uber is here.

Have a great evening everyone, Sue
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:

Previous Cruises:
Celebrity Refection Caribbean Dec 2015; Celebrity Silhouette British Isles 2016 (and the Silhouetters!)
Redmond, Washington, USA
7,745 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Thank you Bob and Jim for your thoughts. Our god-daughter loves Uber (lives in Seattle, and yes I sent her info about a new TA in town ) and I know some of the Silhouetters have mentioned Uber in the past. Living in rural area there is 1 real taxi company and I have no idea is Uber is here.

Have a great evening everyone, Sue
Sue, you can find out if you have Uber or Lyft by downloading their free app and it will let you know if it can find anyone nearby.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruises on the horizon

Cruises Behind Us
Caledonia, ON Canada
456 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Thanks Jim, will do that.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:

Previous Cruises:
North Texas
927 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
That is a great function of Uber. Once in Seattle at the cruise terminal, we had an 'Uber Jumper' attempt to get our ride! It didn't work... and we where on our way quickly.

To update our cruising - we had an incredible Solstice cruise down under visiting Australia and New Zealand during February of this year (for my birthday); just have to return to New Zealand for sure.

Our next cruise is Oceania's Insignia in July for Liz's birthday (a biggie), New England and Bermuda for a week.

Family activities are holding off more ocean cruising until 2019 at the moment, as younger son's family is moving from Atlanta to San Jose.

For Bob, Any News on the Master Chief boards yet?

Happy cruising wishes to everyone,

Herman and Liz
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pending Cruises
2018 - Cottages, Coves, and Coasts: Oceania Insignia
2019 - Tulips (Belgium & Netherlands): Uniworld River Princess
SoCal
1,618 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by DaKa2002
That is a great function of Uber. Once in Seattle at the cruise terminal, we had an 'Uber Jumper' attempt to get our ride! It didn't work... and we where on our way quickly.

To update our cruising - we had an incredible Solstice cruise down under visiting Australia and New Zealand during February of this year (for my birthday); just have to return to New Zealand for sure.

Our next cruise is Oceania's Insignia in July for Liz's birthday (a biggie), New England and Bermuda for a week.

Family activities are holding off more ocean cruising until 2019 at the moment, as younger son's family is moving from Atlanta to San Jose.

For Bob, Any News on the Master Chief boards yet?

Happy cruising wishes to everyone,

Herman and Liz

Hi Herm,

No, they should be out within about a week, followed by Senior Chief results a couple weeks later.

I will send you an email privately about that.
~Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
*31) Celebrity Reflection, Jun 2019, Iceland & Ireland
*30) Celebrity Edge (Inaugural*), Dec 2018, Eastern Caribbean
*29) Celebrity Summit, Oct 2018, Fall Foliage

28) Pacific Princess, Nov 2017, Adriatic & Greece
27) Celebrity Solstice, Jun 2017, Alaska
26) Mariner of the Seas, Jan 2017, SE Asia (Bangkok/Vietnam)
25) Mariner of the Seas, Jan 2017, SE Asia (Phuket/Malaysia)
24) Rhapsody of the Seas, Western Caribbean, Dec 2016
23) Celebrity Silhouette, Aug 2016, British Isles
22) Brilliance of the Seas, Oct 2015, Fall Foliage
21) Celebrity Millennium, May 2015, Alaska
20) Viking Rinda, December 2014, Romantic Danube
19) Sapphire Princess, Oct 2013, California Coastal
18) Adventure of the Seas, May 2013, Spain & France
17) Celebrity Solstice, Nov 2012, Asia-Australia
16) Allure of the Seas, Dec 2011, Eastern Caribbean
15) Celebrity Eclipse, May 2011, Scandinavia
14) Celebrity Century, Apr 2010, Caribbean
13) Island Princess, Nov 2009, Panama Canal
12) Sapphire Princess, April 2009, Mexican Riviera
11) Adventure of the Seas, October 2008, Southern Caribbean
10) Vision of the Seas, May 2008, Mexican Riviera
9) Radiance of the Seas, June 2007, Alaska
8) Radiance of the Seas, December 2006, Eastern Caribbean
7) Navigator of the Seas, March 2006, Eastern Caribbean
6) Navigator of the Seas, March 2006, Western Caribbean
5) Legend of the Seas, December 2003-January 2004, Ensenada MX to Honolulu
4) Legend of the Seas, January 2001, Sydney to Auckland
3) Legend of the Seas, October 1999, Barcelona to Athens
2) Monarch of the Seas, November 1995, Southern Caribbean
1) Sitmar Fairsea, Mexican Riviera, Apr 1981
Parkland, Florida
769 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
This is RobinLynn currently sailing on Celebrity Eclipse on TA to Ireland
to see the rest of Ireland, This is the first Celebrity sailing since our great sailing with you all almost two years ago. Wanted to see more of Ireland after our great British Isles cruise with you all.
We have done a few Viking Ocean cruises in the intervening time, which IMHO give Celebrity a real run for their money!
Miss you all though...The crowd on this cruise so far don’t come close to the friendly and fun group on our British Isles cruise!
Maybe someday we will come across each other again,
Happy sailing,
Robin
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money. ~Susan Heller

Upcoming Cruise

2018 Celebrity Eclipse
Transatlantic Miami to Dublin

2017 Viking Sky
Turquoise Caribbean Sea
2017 Viking Sea Barcelona to Bergen
2016 Celebrity Silhouette British Isles Cruise
2014 Viking Guillveig Rhine Getaway Amsterdam to Basel River Cruise
2012 Celebrity Silhouette Adriatic/Italy Cruise
2009 Celebrity Solstice Mediterranean Cruise
1999 Seabourn Legend Mediterranean Cruise
Too many RCL Caribbean cruises to remember since we live in South Florida!
Ogden, Utah
376 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Hi Herm,

No, they should be out within about a week, followed by Senior Chief results a couple weeks later.

I will send you an email privately about that.
~Bob
We are off on our first River cruise with Viking to Prague, Budapest and down the Rhine river. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!
Deb
816 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Hi everyone,
We have just returned from a wonderful trip to Usbekistan and the Silk Road. It was very interesting, but pretty strenuous! In short, we decided we needed a REAL holiday to recover, so we have booked a musical cruise (a charter) on our beloved Silhouette in May!
We'll be thinking of you all!
Morven

Sent from my iPad using Forums
555 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by Scotswoman
Hi everyone,
We have just returned from a wonderful trip to Usbekistan and the Silk Road. It was very interesting, but pretty strenuous! In short, we decided we needed a REAL holiday to recover, so we have booked a musical cruise (a charter) on our beloved Silhouette in May!
We'll be thinking of you all!
Morven

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow Morven! I just found the musical cruise... Katherine Jenkins and Alvie Boe.. the National Symphony Orchestra! Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk