Review not showing

kampinguru

I spent a week on board the Equinox in February and when I got back, I spent considerable time writing a lengthy review called "how can you have a bad cruise" about our trip. The review was very positive with only one observation. I have been waiting for it to post and have not seen anything yet. I have already deleted the link from my inbox so cant go back and look.

What I would like to suggest is that if someone takes the time to write a review, and the mods think that the review is not worthy of posting, then an email or a PM to the poster advising what was wrong with it would be a nice gesture. That way they have the option of correcting what was wrong with it if they desire.

I've never known them to avoid posting a review just because it had some negative comments in it, presuming they were addressed following the guidelines. Perhaps they are just slow?

I agree with you that if a review is not posted, some kind of response should be sent, even if it is a generic 'does not meet the standards/guidelines of the boards' or something.

It takes a while before your reviews post on CC. Have some patience. If you posted it correctly, it will eventually post.

How is it done - not like posts on the boards which appear straight away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

When I did a review for this site it took over a week to be posted, maybe two weeks. The site seems to check the reviews as they want only real reviews. How they check I really do not know. They will send you a notice once on the site and or a notice if not posted so you can correct it.

I spent a week on board the Equinox in February and when I got back, I spent considerable time writing a lengthy review called "how can you have a bad cruise" about our trip. The review was very positive with only one observation. I have been waiting for it to post and have not seen anything yet. I have already deleted the link from my inbox so cant go back and look.

What I would like to suggest is that if someone takes the time to write a review, and the mods think that the review is not worthy of posting, then an email or a PM to the poster advising what was wrong with it would be a nice gesture. That way they have the option of correcting what was wrong with it if they desire.

Some people post reviews directly on this Celebrity board. Immediate. Others go through the Cruise Critic submission process which takes quite a while to post. And to find it you have to go to the Reviews link for that particular ship - it will not post here when published. Once it appears, just copy the link to it and post the link here so people can find it.

It takes a while before your reviews post on CC. Have some patience. If you posted it correctly, it will eventually post.

I don't know the process. However, it can take up to two weeks. I wasn't even notified. I had to check back. They tend to post them chronologically, so if a review is posted which was after your sail date, then I'd have concern. However, if the reviews for your ship are still posting from last month or this month, it's just a waiting game.

I assume some staff are reading every review before they're posted.

My review of the Reflection 3/23/18 took a lot longer than ever before to be approved and posted. If you are getting emails from Cruise Critic then they have your correct email address. If you have changed your address, than that could be the issue. You say you removed the "link" from your inbox. Did they send you a note with a link that it had been posted? I'm confused here.

They sent me a link to the post when I submitted it and advised that I would get one when it was posted. Haven't seen the one about it being posted yet and I cant find it. It has been 2 and a half months since I submitted it so I suspect that the statute of limitations has expired on it and I wont be published.

After 2 1/2 months I would also assume it will not be posted. Either you inadvertently broke a rule somewhere (like did you mention an employee by name for example, even in a good way?), or they just messed up plain and simple.

if you still have your wording copied somewhere you could post it on this part of the boards, providing it was not left off due to a rule issue, in which case it will be removed.

Thanks Phoenix_Dream. I suspect that I did break one of the rules. My point here is that it would be nice to get a notice advising that you broke a rule and give the option of fixing it rather than throwing the 30 min. I spent writing it away. I got the email asking me to write a review via the link which is a form. I don't have it anymore so can't go back and correct what might have been wrong with it.

Thanks Phoenix_Dream. I suspect that I did break one of the rules. My point here is that it would be nice to get a notice advising that you broke a rule and give the option of fixing it rather than throwing the 30 min. I spent writing it away. I got the email asking me to write a review via the link which is a form. I don't have it anymore so can't go back and correct what might have been wrong with it.

I agree. Some reviews are probably so unfitting that a standard 'not up to the published standards' email would suffice. But innocent wanderings from the rule might be easily addressed with a short comment sent via email so corrections could be made. Unfortunately that also happens with comments posted on these boards. A couple of times I have had comments removed where I honestly could not for the life of me figure out what I said that was wrong (although I think in that case they removed someone's inappropriate comments, and then all responses to that comment). But I would still like to know if I broke a rule inadvertently as I try to always stick to the rules. Postings just disappear and you never know why or what happened.

I too am having a problem. I wrote a review March 27th and it never got posted. I mentioned a device that worked wonders for my husband for not getting sea sick and I also mentioned tours that we took. I thought maybe that was why they hadn't published it so I rewrote it and resubmitted it leaving all of that out and that was on April 20th. Will just have to wait to see if it gets published.

It took about 2 weeks, but my review of the Infinity Pacific Coastal in the fall 2017 finally got published....I had almost given up, but there it was...

No rhyme or reason...