Summit OV Cabin 3144 and 3142 Noise and AC issues

ken_ll

We have previously cruised on the Summit and had cabins 3144 and 3142 without issues. For those familiar with the layout these are the newer cabins ranging from 3112 - 3144.

The first day it was noticeably warm in the room and warmer the next morning. DW who likes it warm and I cooler found the room hot. This was for 3144. DD and friend in 3142 had the same issue. Apparently there were AC issues for the whole bank of cabins in the 3112 - 3144 range.

The new issue was the galley noise which along the common wall with 3144. We listened to the stacking of plates, metal trays, pots and pans and the ice machine from 1:30 am to about 4:30 am. Limited sleep combined with a hot room. In the afternoon, it was the ice machine again, and I have to imagine one huge machine.

After numerous discussions, we lived with warm rooms, noise and limited sleep. There were no empty cabins for us to relocate to.

If booked in these rooms, consider moving.

If you haven't done so please consider completing a review under the M class cabin stickey where anyone booking the cabins might look.

Thanks, done.

I should add, other than the noise/AC issues, good cruise, service and staff as expected. Probably our 10th time on ship.

We were in 3144 on Constellation and didn't hear anything other than normal "ship" noise.

Well, maybe it's peculiar only to the Summit. I intentionally did not book this cabin on the Connie in May because of that. At times, it sounded as if they were having a war in there! Am trying 3112 this time. Those are great cabins if you're on a port-intensive cruise and won't be on the ship much--leaves more money available to spend on shore!

Well, maybe it's peculiar only to the Summit. I intentionally did not book this cabin on the Connie in May because of that. At times, it sounded as if they were having a war in there! Am trying 3112 this time. Those are great cabins if you're on a port-intensive cruise and won't be on the ship much--leaves more money available to spend on shore!

We booked 3144 when it was the only stateroom Cat 6 available during a last minute TA in 2014. The only issue we had is a flood above in Cellar Masters. They were changing out the carpet and banging on the deck metal at around 11pm one evening. I called Guest Relations to investigate, and they halted the work and gave us a $100 cruise credit certificate, which we never asked for.

We love 3112 and always book this when it is available. We've been in that stateroom 3 times and booked it on Millennium B2B in July of next year. Looking at the deck plans, it is right next to the ladies restroom, and when I first booked it, I envisioned flushing toilets around the clock. Much to my surprise, never heard a thing.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but we are looking into these cabins.  Any more input?

Sadly, no higher categories are currently available, and OV availability on the Summit 2022 New England cruise is getting to be slim pickings.

Perhaps we should move up a few doorstop 3120.  They are marked as having adjoining room doors, but may be better.  I would love to have these larger windows left over from the conference center!

49 minutes ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but we are looking into these cabins.  Any more input?

Sadly, no higher categories are currently available, and OV availability on the Summit 2022 New England cruise is getting to be slim pickings.

Perhaps we should move up a few doorstop 3120.  They are marked as having adjoining room doors, but may be better.  I would love to have these larger windows left over from the conference center!

We had an adjoining cabin in this area (maybe 3126) and did not hear any noise from our neighbors or from the corridor, which was seldom used.  

3142 is our cabin of choice on the Millennium class ships.

Never had a noise or heat problem, just the door locks not working when the Infinity was first converted. Problem was fixed and either a bottle of wine or a OBC given as compensation.

Cheers, h.

1 hour ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Thank you both so much.  We reserved 3122 - in the middle - so we should be all good.

All these rooms along this side have the larger window, correct?  

And that conversion was done separately from the updating done in 2019?

Yes, they all have the larger windows.  Once upon a time that was all public area and conference room area.  A restful place to sit and enjoy the view.  That hallway was done prior to what was done on the other side.  I have no experience of the rooms added in 2019, but I assume them to be the same as the ones on the other side.

As I stated previously, those staterooms provide excellent value on a port intensive cruise.  The only one I would never book again would be 3144 because of the noise issue.  Also, that hallway is very quiet.  Only used by those in those rooms and a few lost souls looking for guest relations.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:32 AM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

3112 is a great cabin.  Stayed in 3114 but got to see inside 3112 which has a slightly different entrance and bathroom/closet layout which I thought made it seem even bigger.  Love the windows in these cabins and also the location.  Very quiet when I stayed in 3114.

We stayed in 3112 in 2019. In our experience, there was quite a bit of foot traffic in the hall. It is the only passage between the Guest Relations/computers/shorex and 3rd deck midship elevators/stairway unless you are able to go through the convention center. We only heard voices of those who were laughing and/or talking loudly which we always hear in most any location. I did hear water running in a sink next door one time in 2 weeks, but the closeness of the restrooms was a plus for us.  We loved the room and location, We have booked it for a B2B in 2022.