Luminae lunch

Airrace

Is the Luminae open everyday for lunch or just on non port days?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is great question, and most people don't realize Luminae closes for lunch on port days. However, once your wait staff in Luminae get to know their customers they actually look for them in Oceanview Cafe or the main dining room and will 'take care' of them there as if they were in Luminae. Of course the qualify of food may not be the same. We are hoping that Rakesh will be aboard Eclipse next month. He REALLY knows how to spoil his guests! It may be that he's been promoted to Maitre` d and will be on another ship.

However, once your wait staff in Luminae get to know their customers they actually look for them in Oceanview Cafe or the main dining room and will 'take care' of them there as if they were in Luminae. Of course the qualify of food may not be the same. We are hoping that Rakesh will be aboard Eclipse next month. He REALLY knows how to spoil his guests! It may be that he's been promoted to Maitre` d and will be on another ship.

We were recently on the Eclipse for 14 days in a SS and since there were a lot of ports Luminae wasn’t open very often for lunch. During the port days we never seen any servers from Luminae in the buffet and if they were they couldn’t have been looking for us, or maybe they were to avoid us 🤔

We didn’t see anyone by the name of Rakesh, but staff changes and he may have been off.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅😳

Good choice! My wife and I had our very first cruise 2 years ago from Vancouver up north with the Infinity. We were so happy with the quality of food and the excellent service that we also did our next 2 cruises (Mediterranian with Constellation and Carribean with Equinox) last year in suite class.

Now we look forward to another trip from Italy to Spain on the Constellation.

If you like japanese Food like Sushi you should also visit the "Sushi on 5", also excellent!

Bon Appetit! :)

Goetz

I agree about Rakesh. He is by far the best waiter we have ever had on any ship in any dining venue. As a matter of fact he's the only one whose name I even remember. We had him along with the best-ever sommelier Maggie on Eclipse and they made the trip.