Passport Stamp

evanant124

Your passport is not a place to collect souvenirs, tempting as it may seem. You may need those pages later for visas and stamps from countries where the are routine.
Do many people even fill their pages before the passport expires? My first one had all of one stamp in when it expired. My current one has none.

I did read recently about someone collecting stamps having an issue later on. The passport contained an entry stamp for a country, but no exit stamp, which rankled the feathers of an immigration officer in another country.

I've thought about collecting stamps on cruises, just so it looks like I've been somewhere. But so far, never remember to do it.

Do many people even fill their pages before the passport expires? My first one had all of one stamp in when it expired. My current one has none.

I did read recently about someone collecting stamps having an issue later on. The passport contained an entry stamp for a country, but no exit stamp, which rankled the feathers of an immigration officer in another country.

I've thought about collecting stamps on cruises, just so it looks like I've been somewhere. But so far, never remember to do it.

The answer is yes, for my friends and myself as we live outside the United States. Our passports come standard with double the normal number of pages 24 to 48, over the last 18 years I have had 4 passports because run out of pages. many visas take a whole page.

You also risk being rejected from some countries based upon stamps and if you have extra stamp your passport can be taken from you.

You do understand it is not your passport it is a document of the United States Government (or country from) and if a immigration officer finds stamps that do not belong you could find yourself with no passport.

The US is probably the worse for me. Every time I enter the US on my Canadian passport there is a US entry stamp. The Americans do like their TSA stamps. The Europeans like their stamps even more, with both an entry and exist stamp. Brazil and China have Visas that have to be glued onto a page in the passport by a local embassy or consulate before being allowed to board a ship or airline heading into the country. Other countries such as Japan and Taiwan paste the Visa in the passport on arrival.

Exiting continental Europe they do look for the Entry stamp and put the Exit stamp next to it. I have had the odd case going into Europe where no entry stamp was entered. The customs person on exit complains, mostly about the custom office on entry not doing their job.

Your passport is not a place to collect souvenirs, tempting as it may seem. You may need those pages later for visas and stamps from countries where the are routine.

Also, at least for the United States, the passport IS NOT YOURS, It belongs to the United States Government. Read page 5, it states this clearly in writing. So, it is not a toy to just collect stamps, it is an official govt document.

Also, at least for the United States, the passport IS NOT YOURS, It belongs to the United States Government. Read page 5, it states this clearly in writing. So, it is not a toy to just collect stamps, it is an official govt document.
How is getting official stamps, at various entry/exit points on a cruise, treating it like a toy? Because that is what the OP asked about. Specifically for Halifax and St John.

• 3 weeks later...

Saint John doesn’t have regular international flights at the airport and is not cruise home-port presently, there is no immigration station in Saint John to get the stamp.

Of note with a Canadian Passport it is 36 pages, good for 5-10 years. If we run out of pages we can visit a Canadian Embassy in another country and have more pages stitched in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk