Hockey in the sports bar?

nancydee

sorry about your argos. Go Riders! Remember that feeling of the argos winning IN toronto? We want that feeling this year. :)

Oh Well, just goes to show you to win you have to play the full 60 minutes. :(

The only good thing is that I didn't buy Grey Cup tickets this year, unlike the last time they lost to the Tabbies in '86. Edmonton was COLD that year.:eek:

Go RedBlacks! ;)

• 2 months later...
We are hoping to see the Islanders VS Rangers on Wednesday 1/29 on the Splendor!!

This is the game at Yankee stadium.

Lets GO Isles!!

Since it's a stadium series game and it's special, it'll be nationally broadcast and you'll likely see it. Maybe even on the seaside theatre! But other than that, no hockey. Almost all hockey is under regional contracts instead of national contracts and the only time the ships see hockey is during the playoffs. And even then they only see a few games.

The bartender I had at the EA Sports bar was a big hockey fan so he told me all about it. We got our fix by playing nhl 14 together.

Since it's a stadium series game and it's special, it'll be nationally broadcast and you'll likely see it. Maybe even on the seaside theatre! But other than that, no hockey. Almost all hockey is under regional contracts instead of national contracts and the only time the ships see hockey is during the playoffs. And even then they only see a few games.

The bartender I had at the EA Sports bar was a big hockey fan so he told me all about it. We got our fix by playing nhl 14 together.

Thanks!!

Will let you all know!!

We just happened to pick the perfect week to cruise on the Liberty back in 2009 - 1st, there are multiple screens (8 or 9 if I remember correctly) in the sports bar - but do not be surprised if it is mostly occupied by basketball fans...especially during March madness or the NBA playoffs which happen to coincide with the NHL playoffs. 2nd, if the bar isn't packed with rabid basketball fans ask the bartender to see if they can find an NHL game. NBC will probably be your best bet to find a game as they seem to carry all the playoff games now. 3rd, we got to watch Game 7 on the big screen on the lido deck (NBA travel dates between playoff games left an open date) Doesn't get much better than that...especially when you're a Penguins fan !!!

The splendor did not get the Islanders/Rangers game at Yankee stadium on 1/29.... :confused:

There was no hockey on norweigian tv system last month either. Not even the ducks-kings which was nationally televised here in the US. I knew better than to ask on carnival last fall..... And I missed the May 2013 playoffs too when I sailed on Princess.

Now at least on the west coast ships carnival will show baseball playoffs

GO DUCKS.