£50 onboard spend for Cuban Revolution ???

Has everybody had their £50 per person onboard spend added to their paperwork yet. I am still waiting for notification of mine from a Robin Brettle at Thomsons. I have told Thomsons I want it added on to my paperwork as I dont trust them to give it us when we get onboard. This has been going on now since October. What is wrong with Thomsons? My case is with ABTA but they keep emailing me saying Thomson say the case is sorted but I keep advising them it certainly is not sorted until I get notification of the £50 from Thomson on updated paperwork. ABTA have now told me to get back to them if Ive not heard within 10 days. Yea as if thats likely. Good job the cruise staff onboard are not like the customer services here.Comments please

I would certainly make sure you have it on paperwork and take it. We had normal booking on board credit allowance, and it was not shown on our statement. I always ask for one on our second day to check these things. Reception said there was no record of it, but gave me it when I showed them the paperwork to prove entitlement. Good luck, and have a great time.

I was planning on checking with reception after embarking with copies of emails from Thomson showing the £50pp when booking and the £50pp for changing itinerary. I'm not expecting an issue but if I do I will take it up with MasterCard on return and they will hold up the money until resolved

I'm not expecting an issue but if I do I will take it up with MasterCard on return and they will hold up the money until resolved

I wasn't aware that a credit card holder could instruct their card issuer to withhold payment of funds to a third party over a disputed sum.

Is the signed agreement with Thomsons not binding in the first instance ?

:confused:

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Since I have proof on the emails that there should be £200 deducted from my onboard bill, and if do not deduct it then there is a dispute!

I would naturally query it with reception first but if it can not be resolved onboard then they are taking more money from my card than I agree with, so then I would ask MasterCard to query it. While an amount is in query the vendor does not receive the money. I worked in credit card fraud years ago.

I am not expecting to have to go down this route as I have found in the past that customer services in the uk are a pile of **** on board things go a lot smoother and since there will be a lot of people in the same "boat" (pun intended)!!! It will only take a couple of people creating a fuss it will be resolved on board

I received an email a couple of weeks ago about our Atlantic Adventure trip on Dream in April informing me that our stops at Santiago de Cuba and Grand Turk had been replaced by a Sea Day and stop at La Romana in Domican Republic respectively.

It also states that we will receive £50 per adult onboard spending money which will be credited to our account when we board the ship.

I will go to Reception, when there is no long queue, with a copy of the email to confirm that this has been done.:)

In fairness the e-mail does say that the OBC will be "credited to your onboard account when you join the ship".

I have telephoned Thomson on this matter and their agents say it should be visible but there are systems issues. There are also systems issues as I cannot access "Manage My Booking" and our mobile phone number is not displayed on any of the numerous booking amendments received.

I have every confidence Thomson can get us to the stage that we can join the ship:rolleyes:. Looking forward to the cruise.

Len

I have every confidence Thomson can get us to the stage that we can join the ship:rolleyes:. Looking forward to the cruise.

Len

Lol!!! When do we get our etickets? They must be due shortly. But then again never been asked for them! Boarding card at airport and then just name at embarkation!

While an amount is in query the vendor does not receive the money. I worked in credit card fraud years ago.

I didn't know that Tina, thanks for the clarification.

Incidentally I share your lack of confidence in Thomsons administrative practices - having experienced one section contradicting another on a straightforward matter.

Customer services is so inconsistent - varies from excellent to the other end of the scale depending on who responds to a question/issue/complaint etc.

Lol!!! When do we get our etickets? They must be due shortly. But then again never been asked for them! Boarding card at airport and then just name at embarkation!

One year we booked via a Thomson TA. No e-tickets received, including car park tickets. TA messed about for nearly 2 weeks, still no tickets. We were asked to go into town to the TAs. "Don't worry" said the Thomson TA "you can collect them from the airport". We were sailing from Newcastle.

Len

Received e-tickets today (22nd) for 19th January 2016 cruise.

Len

Lucky all those who have tickets.

We go on Tuesday on Majesty and have been chasing e-tickets for last five weeks, both by telephone (lost count of number of times) then by email (several). Got a reply but not very satisfactory. Just told "Don't worry, take your booking paperwork. So long as you have your boarding cards you'll be ok."

In the past the e-tickets have had hand luggage allowance printed on them. However, I have highlighted the paragraph, which is hidden in the body of the booking, in case there are any queries.

Have you checked in yet? You may not need e tickets. I have an email from Thomson indicating luggage but this is also printed in boarding passes which should be available 1 week prior to travel of 2 weeks if you have reserved seats. I understand you are extremely worried just have a look on the flight plan under your booking ref. Good luck

Have you checked in yet? You may not need e tickets. I have an email from Thomson indicating luggage but this is also printed in boarding passes which should be available 1 week prior to travel of 2 weeks if you have reserved seats. I understand you are extremely worried just have a look on the flight plan under your booking ref. Good luck

Hi Pensioncruiser

Have done all your suggestions. Nothing about hand luggage on Boarding Cards.

First had a problem in October when we went on Island Escape and for some unknown reson they had to post the tickets to us. Thought the same was going to happen this time only to be told "don't worry, there is a backlog".

Just going to take all relevant paperwork I think will cover us. Been at this game since 1989, a lot longer than those who are trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I keep asking why we keep going back to them year after year.:confused: I know the answer but still ask.

Don't know what is wrong with their Admin but it leaves a lot to be desired.

We booked the Dream Transatlantic way back in November 2014 then decided to change airports in February. Problems kept arising until I had more copies of the amended booking than they had. The excuse - "we are in the process of changing over computers".

It is now almost the end of 2015 and they are still using that excuse for the upcoming cruise on Tuesday:eek:.

Sorry I can't be of more help, must be very frustrating, I did have to collect ticket's once many years ago at Coventry!! & it worked OK but I realise that doesn't help. But as I say I do have an email with the carry on allowance which I could send you if you want to publicly give your email. I obtained this because I was challenged at check in for overweight and had to call the Thomson rep to sort it out, which they did. Again good luck and have a great Christmas cruise

Sorry I can't be of more help, must be very frustrating, I did have to collect ticket's once many years ago at Coventry!! & it worked OK but I realise that doesn't help. But as I say I do have an email with the carry on allowance which I could send you if you want to publicly give your email. I obtained this because I was challenged at check in for overweight and had to call the rep to sort it out, which they did. Again good luck and have a great Christmas cruise

Ref hand luggage if your on long haul and have premium up grade like lord P.C your hand pull along can go to 7 kg also on platinum and cruise holiday,s :D

Hello Pensioncruiser

Many thanks for your help. I have all the relevant bits and pieces that should keep everyone happy but you never know. We had one grumpy check-in attenant a couple of cruises ago who challenged "How do I know you are going on a cruise?" re hand luggage baggage. The paperwork was headed Thomson Cruises.:confused:

We will enjoy whatever. Can't wait.:)