Carnival Sunshine

NYGirl1002

I've been pricing Mediterranean cruises for next year and Carnival Sunshine is the ship that keeps coming up. I'm not familiar with it. I thought the new ship was the Breeze.

Does anyone know about the Sunshine?

I've been pricing Mediterranean cruises for next year and Carnival Sunshine is the ship that keeps coming up. I'm not familiar with it. I thought the new ship was the Breeze.

Does anyone know about the Sunshine?

It's the Destiny after drydock

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-destiny.aspx#deckplans

here is the after

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-sunshine.aspx#deckplans

notice on deck 3 and 5 they put in more cabins the dining room and buffet are the same size more crowded

It's always kinda bothered be that they are adding passenger capacity to more that are on the Conquest(a larger ship), with less crew. SHOULD that bother me?

Yep, because it only has half the buffet space of conquest.

We had some water pipes leadking in the buffet, and only half of that half open .. talk about crowded.

Conquest has two full buffet areas, not just one. It was a big improvement they made after destiny and triumph class to fix that buffet overcrowding issue.

I think its wierd to rename a ship Sunshine .. and then send it off to Europe where the sun doesnt shine as much.

Im not saying dont cruise on the ship, just plan on eating a off times if you can. It is a issue.

Ive done Triumph 4 or 5 times, and like the ship .. but know the buffet space is very limited.

It's always kinda bothered be that they are adding passenger capacity to more that are on the Conquest(a larger ship), with less crew. SHOULD that bother me?

I am not sure if Bother is the word that describes how I feel... but I am certainly concerned at this point. I can see how it would bother you, however.

It certainly will be interesting to read reviews about crowd control once the Sunshine is finished and people have sailed her.

Just from the deck layout pictures alone, public areas will be crowded, for sure.

Catrin

Just looked and it will have 38 more passengers than the Liberty with 120 fewer crew. Think I may pass on the Sunshine. I was looking at giving it a try but it looks like it maybe worse than the Magic was last year on a rainy sea day when everyone was inside.

Yeah that's what I'm seeing too. I hate it too as it's eventually coming to NO.:( Maybe it will turn out better than one might think! :rolleyes:

Wow ..I'm so depressed now! I'm thinking I'm getting a new ship and the price was so good too..compared to the other cruise lines. Even the picture of the cabins looks like it's all new and stuff.

I may just book the one on the Legend around the same time.

Wow ..I'm so depressed now! I'm thinking I'm getting a new ship and the price was so good too..compared to the other cruise lines. Even the picture of the cabins looks like it's all new and stuff.

After the refurb it will be like new.

After the refurb it will be like new.

Has anyone been to Disney, where they refurub a ride... re-paint it, change it's name and call it something completely different? But deep down inside you know its the old ride you went on for years?

I have a feeling this is what the refurb of the Destiny/Sunshine will be like. They cannot make it a completely different ship.

But I always found it was the PEOPLE on board, that made it a fun cruise!

Catrin

Yeah that's what I'm seeing too. I hate it too as it's eventually coming to NO.:( Maybe it will turn out better than one might think! :rolleyes:

I would not hesitate to book it if the price is right .. but I would not pay anywhere near Magic's price for instance.. but 1/3 off .. I would go for it.

Im not against the ship and since Im in TX good chance I will book her for the right price. There were some awesome prices on Triumph when it was out of NOLA too.

Well I booked it for the TA cruise. Really looking forward to it. I'm not concerned about the food lines. But I never thought about it either. Its still a good way off so I can pay 50 dollars a month and have it paid by then. I have two more I'm going on before that one. The price was right,but airfare getting there is going to hurt. But always wanted to do a TA.

Has anyone been to Disney, where they refurub a ride... re-paint it, change it's name and call it something completely different? But deep down inside you know its the old ride you went on for years?

I have a feeling this is what the refurb of the Destiny/Sunshine will be like. They cannot make it a completely different ship.

But I always found it was the PEOPLE on board, that made it a fun cruise!

Catrin

I'm sure the refurb will be very nice. I would want to wait and see how the new design with more passengers all works out.

Yep, because it only has half the buffet space of conquest.

We had some water pipes leadking in the buffet, and only half of that half open .. talk about crowded.

Conquest has two full buffet areas, not just one. It was a big improvement they made after destiny and triumph class to fix that buffet overcrowding issue.

I think its wierd to rename a ship Sunshine .. and then send it off to Europe where the sun doesnt shine as much.

Im not saying dont cruise on the ship, just plan on eating a off times if you can. It is a issue.

Ive done Triumph 4 or 5 times, and like the ship .. but know the buffet space is very limited.

I looked at the deckplans of the Sunshine. I looks like ship will be too crowded with more passengers and less space. I think I will pass on sailing on the Sunshine.

If you really want a Mediterranean cruise, I recommend looking to another cruiselines. The extra money would be well worth it, as the experience would be worlds better, by comparison to Sunshine. If you're looking for a Carnival experience, the Legend would be the better choice. I'm sure the Sunshine will appeal to many people, but not to people who enjoy Carnival cruises, a lively atmosphere, and good entertainment on their cruise.

In addition to the added crowds, there are other issues of note. Half of one of the dining rooms is being eliminated, which will severely overcrowd what's left of the dining rooms, unless tons of people eat at the extra-pay places. The aft pool is being eliminated. The dance club is being eliminated. One entire floor of the theater is being eliminated. The aft lounge, where the comedy club & other things were held, is being eliminated. So the only entertainment venue is the much smaller theater, which would then be unbelievably packed. The larger theater and the aft lounge were always packed as it was. The comedy club would likely move into the small theater, which would eliminate the headline shows that used to be there (just a guess, but it's the only way that it can all work). That means no more singing & dancing shows, no fly-on entertainment. 4 nights of comedy, a welcome aboard show, a legends/guest talent show, and a dark night. That takes care of all 7 nights in the tiny theater. For people who never go to any shows, they won't care about this. And if overcrowding doesn't bother them, they may love the Sunshine. It's all about what you're looking for in a cruise. I will clearly pass on Sunshine.

On Sunshine, the aft pool is being relocated to Serenity where it will truly be adults only.

The ship is still just on the drawing board and people keep referring to crowds that don't exist.

A steakhouse, Cucina de Capitano, an Asian restaurant and more will be added.

The comedy club has not been eliminated, it is just being moved and called the Limelight lounge.

They are supposed to be adding a Ropes course. Even a cigar bar.

It is an entirely new concept for Carnival and I'm kind of excited about it.

The only thing I will miss on it over Conquest is the Fish and Chips.

For more:

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/conversation-with-ruben-rodriguez-carnivals-evp-ship-ops-33993

https://www.goccl.com/resourcecenter/PDF/Sunshine.pdf

Thanks Sargeant

Finally someone saying something positive about the Sunshine. We are actually sailing the Destiny in Oct and are planning on the Sunshine after its in N O.

Kinda get a b/4 and after look of it.

Funny how people are talking negative about it without having seen the final product.

Firmly believe there are people on here who continually stir the pot.

On Sunshine, the aft pool is being relocated to Serenity where it will truly be adults only.

The ship is still just on the drawing board and people keep referring to crowds that don't exist.

A steakhouse, Cucina de Capitano, an Asian restaurant and more will be added.

The comedy club has not been eliminated, it is just being moved and called the Limelight lounge.

They are supposed to be adding a Ropes course. Even a cigar bar.

It is an entirely new concept for Carnival and I'm kind of excited about it.

The only thing I will miss on it over Conquest is the Fish and Chips.

For more:

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/conversation-with-ruben-rodriguez-carnivals-evp-ship-ops-33993

https://www.goccl.com/resourcecenter/PDF/Sunshine.pdf

Thank you so much for these links. I was a bit worried when I read the other post about things being eliminated, but your links show that is not true. Now I'm even more excited about my Sunshine cruise!

Archived