NCL Breakaway 9/8/13 - Anyone Sailing?

valleyguyva

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I just found this thread! My name is Sandy and my partner Margaret are on this cruise. First time I have ever seen roll call for a cruise that we are going on. Getting really excited about the cruise! :)

I am so ready for this cruise. hope to meet alot of new friends.

Hi everyone!

I just found this thread! My name is Sandy and my partner Margaret are on this cruise. First time I have ever seen roll call for a cruise that we are going on. Getting really excited about the cruise! :)

Totally forgot starting this thread months ago, but back again and looking forward to seeing everyone aboard Breakaway. My partner and I will be in the Haven and celebrating 23 years of, well, in Virginia we can't call it marriage, but something close to it. Counting down the days!

Any of you Haven passengers by chance in S6 11908 aft? If so take good care of it as we will be on the October 6th sailing. I would love for someone to post after sailing about the gay life on Breakaway, the Friends of Dorothy meetings, etc. happy sailing everyone!

Due to Tropical Storm Gabrielle, Breakaway departing Sept 8 could be rerouted. NCL management monitors this board. They won't know if we are rerouted due to storm until Saturday likely - but if we start a discussion we might be able to influence alternative ports in case it is needed.

To start - let me say - We do NOT want to be rerouted to Bahamas (Boring) Port Canaveral (Boring) or to the North East USA or Canada - (we are trying to get away from the north east.)

Rather, if a rerouting is necessary - how about

1 - Turks and Caicos

2 - Jamaica (the ship has capability to make it there and back in a week)

3 - Key West

4 - Eastern Carribean

5 - Azores

oh no, hopefully no re-route will occur! My partner Chris and I (Tim) went to bermuda last year on RCCL Explorer of the Seas and couldn't have asked for more perfect weather! Just looked on weather.com and other sites; it doesn't seem to be too much of a threat - we may experience some rough seas the first day though - hopefully not, that outdoor waterfront looks too awesome to not be able to take advantage of!

See you all in a few days!

Best,

- Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone had a great time on Breakaway and returned home safely. Frankly, we have been suffering major withdrawal. The crew from the top down was fantastic, and rarely have we enjoyed such fantastic service. Where is everyone sailing next? We need to start some new threads. Getaway anyone?

Archived