Hey, B2B Cruisers...

MoreMouse

I'm really jealous of all of you that have been able to take two cruises at one time. :p

I want to know though:

Why?

Do You Have to Do the Same Ship?

Same Cabin?

What are the Benefits?

Discounts from Cruise Lines to Do It?

Clue me in. Seriously... share! :D TIA

Here are a few of my reasons why I enjoy taking B2B or even a B2B2B

- have enough vacation time at work

- no children to attend to

- way to save on flights, knock down 2 or 3 cruises with just one airfare

- and mainly, I just simply dont like short vacations.

-you don't dont get discounted fares- at least thats been my experience

-ive done same cabin B2B and also one ship onto a different ship. Like the experience the vibe of different ships. but would prefer to stay on the same ship

Edited by Georgie562

My family did a B2B on the Victory last May. We added the second leg because a 5 day cruise just didn't sound like enough. And, Mother's day was during the second leg!

My husband and I switched rooms (L-shaped balcony to aft balcony) so we could try out the two different options. They were two doors away from each other. The kids stayed in the same inside room. We had the same cabin steward for the 9 days.

I took some sadistic pleasure in watching everyone disembark from the first cruise knowing I had 4 more days to go!

-ive done same cabin B2B and also one ship onto a different ship. Like the experience the vibe of different ships. but would prefer to stay on the same ship

I pretty much did a B2B for the same reasons. Except we usually drive to the port. It is a 24 hour car ride. I figured I would need one week to recover from the drive and the next week to get ready for the drive home.

We did the eastern itinerary one week and western itinerary the next week.

We had the same room on the same ship. Not having to pack and unpack between cruises was my main reason for staying on the same ship.

I loved it and plan on doing it again in a few years after I retire.

Edited by goofytoo

My family did a B2B on the Victory last May. We added the second leg because a 5 day cruise just didn't sound like enough. And, Mother's day was during the second leg!

My husband and I switched rooms (L-shaped balcony to aft balcony) so we could try out the two different options. They were two doors away from each other. The kids stayed in the same inside room. We had the same cabin steward for the 9 days.

I took some sadistic pleasure in watching everyone disembark from the first cruise knowing I had 4 more days to go!

Several years ago we did a B2B on the Valor and I get that sadistic pleasure. I called it "Cruisenfreude". Schadenfreude=getting pleasure out of someone else's pain, so cruisenfreude=getting pleasure out of someone leaving a ship when you don't have to!!

We did a B2B on the Sunshine 28 days. Flew to venice and cruised thru the Mediterranean and the second cruise was the transatlantic back to the states. This was better for making the time change and after shore intensive ports the transatlantic was restful. I don't know how my next 8 day cruise will be enough. Same room for both.

We have our first B2B booked for next year on the Victory. It all started out with our youngest son going on the first leg with a bunch of his firemen friends. It's a five day cruise. We normally cruise every other year and next year is our year to cruise. We decided to join him the first week along with my DB and SIL who always cruise with us.

We normally take a 7 or 8 day cruise so we checked into staying on the ship for the second week. Myself, DW, DB and SIL have the same two cabins for the two weeks. Son has a different cabin on the first week but has one next to us on the second week and our other son is flying in to share his cabin.

To answer your questions, son is changing cabins, the rest of us stay put both weeks. To us, it's not worth the cost of flying in for only a short cruise. We like to get our money's worth. No, there are no discounts for doing a B2B. You pay full price for both cruises. You can not only either stay on the same ship, change ships or even change cruise lines from one week to the next.

Edited by RWolver672

We prefer longer (at least 7 days cruises) than 4 or 5 days. Our daughter is transferring from Wisconsin (so we had to fly no matter where we boarded so it did not matter) to a college in GA, about 45 min from Jacksonville, so we will probably cruise from there for awhile to make it easier for her and they only do the short routes. Definitely looking at doing B2B's now. (Sounds like a good excuse to get a few extra days of cruising doesn't it!!!:D:D)

...with Georgie562. Exactly the same reasons. Only wish we had started doing them sooner. We could've save a lot on airfare to Florida and Europe.

Last month, we did a B2B2B, two weeks on the Independence of the Seas, then a week on the new Royal Princess. We've done quite a few B2B's on the same ships. We enjoy sailing on different ships just so we can immediately see the difference...and you will. :)

Why? - Why not? We love to cruise, we are retired, we saved all of our lives so we could do it now.

Do You Have to Do the Same Ship? All of ours are one ship b2b.

Same Cabin? If possible we get the same cabin. Once we had to move.

What are the Benefits? Just a longer, relaxing cruise.

Discounts from Cruise Lines to Do It? Nope.

I would that nearly all of our b2b cruises are different itineraries. For instance, in the fall we had a 28 day cruise from Rome to Singapore followed by 20 days from Singapore to Sydney

I'm really jealous of all of you that have been able to take two cruises at one time. :p

I want to know though:

Why?

Same Cabin?

What are the Benefits?

1. Because I love cruising and the longer the cruise, the better. :) And when I did mine, I was finally stationed at home for the first time in 13 years (am military) so I had extra vacation time from not having to take time off to visit family. :)

2. You don't have to do the same ship at all!

3. Nope. My first B2B after coming home from Iraq was spent in the same cabin, but my B2B2B required a cabin change.

4. No benefits other than the longer cruise, saving on air fare and enjoying the jealously of fellow passengers when they find out what you're up to. :D

5. No discounts at all.

Honestly, everyone has different reason. My first B2B was because I had spent 9 months in Iraq and wanted a 2 week vacation filled with music, ocean and color. The second (my B2B2B) was because I could - it was an odd convergence of events where I had the money, the vacation time, and each leg went to different ports. Would I do it again? Absolutely! But I'll save any future B2Bs for when I'm retired and have more vacation time. Like in a year or so. :D

I want to know though:

Why?

Same Cabin?

What are the Benefits?

Hi MoreMouse :)

My wife & I began cruising thirty years ago in '84. After our very first

voyage my wife said to me, "We have to do that again! It went too fast"..

From that point on all of our future voyages have been B2B's. We typically

plan 14 to 18-day voyages.

There are many, many various reasons people do a back to back

cruise. For us it is because we find ourselves really getting that comfy

cozy, at home feel, between day 4 to 6, where your starting to say to

yourself that you don't want it to end, and you are beginning to feel

totally relaxed. Then before you know it, its time to leave.

To us, a 7 or 8-day cruise is just too short. When it comes to all of the

precious time spent planning, the money for the cruise, the airfare, and

all of the saving involved, we simply feel that we want to make all of

that effort worth it, by taking a longer, relaxing vacation.

Yes, we always stay on the same ship, same cabin. And two different

itinerary's whenever possible.

We did however plan four voyages in the past, when we were younger,

that were on two different ships. Packing up everything and getting to

the 2nd ship is something we will never consider doing again. These days

we rather unpack once, and stay.

It's nice to have the opportunity to say, "We'll see/do that on the

2nd leg of the voyage". And we try to avoid certain repeats that can take

place.

B2B cruises gives us the freedom to not rush, giving us the ability to

see all of the shows, entertainment, activities, eat at the specialty

restaurants more than once or twice, chefs table, spa time, and so

on and so on, at a relaxed pace. The list of things to do aboard a cruise

ship is a long one.

Then you have the aspect of more ports visited during one vacation.

Now that is a super huge benefit! Especially since the amount of time

at a port is extremely short. (6 to 8 hours depending on the port & cruise

line)

In my humble opinion, there exists far more benefits in a B2B cruise

than merely a 'longer vacation'.

Have a terrific day! Sorry I rambled on & on..

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

I want to know though:

Why?

Same Cabin?

What are the Benefits?

Why? Because we like to

Always the same stateroom

Benefits are - A special Lunch on embarkation a days - No need for many rum runners as the ship delivers you surrendered liquor on the last night of your first cruise. Or just purchase what you want from the onboard store on last night and take to your stateroom for the following cruise;)

Discounts - sometimes but have to ask your TA or Cruise Line

Hi MoreMouse :)

My wife & I began cruising thirty years ago in '84. After our very first

voyage my wife said to me, "We have to do that again! It went too fast"..

From that point on all of our future voyages have been B2B's. We typically

plan 14 to 18-day voyages.

There are many, many various reasons people do a back to back

cruise. For us it is because we find ourselves really getting that comfy

cozy, at home feel, between day 4 to 6, where your starting to say to

yourself that you don't want it to end, and you are beginning to feel

totally relaxed. Then before you know it, its time to leave.

To us, a 7 or 8-day cruise is just too short. When it comes to all of the

precious time spent planning, the money for the cruise, the airfare, and

all of the saving involved, we simply feel that we want to make all of

that effort worth it, by taking a longer, relaxing vacation.

Yes, we always stay on the same ship, same cabin. And two different

itinerary's whenever possible.

We did however plan four voyages in the past, when we were younger,

that were on two different ships. Packing up everything and getting to

the 2nd ship is something we will never consider doing again. These days

we rather unpack once, and stay.

It's nice to have the opportunity to say, "We'll see/do that on the

2nd leg of the voyage". And we try to avoid certain repeats that can take

place.

B2B cruises gives us the freedom to not rush, giving us the ability to

see all of the shows, entertainment, activities, specialty restaurants

more than once or twice, chefs table, spa time, and so on and so on,

at a relaxed pace. The list of things to do aboard a cruise ship is a

long one.

Then you have the aspect of more ports visited during one vacation.

Now that is a super huge benefit! Especially since the amount of time

at a port is extremely short. (6 to 8 hours depending on the port & cruise

line)

In my humble opinion, there exists far more benefits in a B2B cruise

than merely a 'longer vacation'.

Have a terrific day! Sorry I rambled on &

Not rambling in my book, you said everything I was thinking

I want to know though:

Why? why not??

Do You Have to Do the Same Ship? for a true B2B yes

Same Cabin? hopefully if you book early

What are the Benefits? discount on some lines, you see different ports if you plan it right

Discounts from Cruise Lines to Do It? some not all give a discount

try it you will like it

I want to know though:

Why?

Same Cabin?

What are the Benefits?

We do b2b's that have different itineraries. It makes the cruise longer, saves on airfare. We keep same cabin.

We have done 2 B2B -- the first time we were booking a 9 day cruise out of Oslo and realized the cruise before ours was a 5 day (going to different places) so we did both to make it a 14 day cruise - just made sense to get more days out of the trip with the price of airfare.

The second one we were on a 13-day Adriatic cruise and then stayed on for a 14 day TA sailing back home to Florida, making it a 27 day cruise. Certainly was more enjoyable to sail home than to fly back.

Both times we made sure we could stay in the same cabin - while lots of people we met changed cabins, that just isn't for us.

Marianne

1. Because I love cruising and the longer the cruise, the better. :) And when I did mine, I was finally stationed at home for the first time in 13 years (am military) so I had extra vacation time from not having to take time off to visit family. :)

2. You don't have to do the same ship at all!

3. Nope. My first B2B after coming home from Iraq was spent in the same cabin, but my B2B2B required a cabin change.

4. No benefits other than the longer cruise, saving on air fare and enjoying the jealously of fellow passengers when they find out what you're up to. :D

5. No discounts at all.

Honestly, everyone has different reason. My first B2B was because I had spent 9 months in Iraq and wanted a 2 week vacation filled with music, ocean and color. The second (my B2B2B) was because I could - it was an odd convergence of events where I had the money, the vacation time, and each leg went to different ports. Would I do it again? Absolutely! But I'll save any future B2Bs for when I'm retired and have more vacation time. Like in a year or so. :D

Thank you for your service! :)

I have one kid graduating college a week after the other graduates high school. We wanted a big vacation to celebrate and we all chose a B2B. We're going in 2015, booking as soon as those itineraries are released.

We're going on the same ship, 2 different itineraries. We plan to have the same cabin so we don't have to pack & move.

At the end of our other cruises, we wished we had more days, even after a 7 day one. Airfare costs us about $1600 and not enough time off to drive to port too, so makes the second cruise much cheaper overall.

We're looking forward to a slower pace - catch the evening show or do it next week. Not the 'need' to do it all at once. One week go to the cooking demo, the next week go to the 80's trivia, for example.

Also looking forward to the turn around day. We can eat lunch at the buffet and pick the perfect place for sail away. First week, up on deck to see everything, next week down by the lido to be in the action.

I want to know though:

Why? For the love of cruising

Do You Have to Do the Same Ship? We do but we have heard that other people who jump from one ship to another also call that a B2B

Same Cabin? the only way we would do a B2B is if we are in the same cabin

What are the Benefits? an extra week of fun

Discounts from Cruise Lines to Do It? No, not for us

See our answers in green.

If I am flying to Europe to board a ship, especially considering how expensive a one way flight usually is, it makes better financial sense, to me, to do a B2B. I enjoy transatlantic cruises, so I like tacking another cruise on the front end. Most recently, I flew to London a day early for a little sightseeing, boarded a 12 day cruise on the Crown Princess r/t Southampton to the Canary Islands, then stayed on the same ship and spent 14 days cruising from Southampton to Ft Lauderdale.

Did one last summer, will be repeating this august. On HAL they alternate itineraries, so you can easily add them up yet go to different ports. Genius! Many of these are offered as a combined itinerary, so for instance you can book a 7 day, or a 14 day which consists of two 7 days. Those combined itineraries are called collectors voyage. And here comes the good news; they are priced lower than you will pay if booking 2 seperate reservations for the 2 itineraries seperate. Some folks decide to book a collectors voyage for the price, some decide to book 2 seperate itineraries instead when not sure yet for instance if able to make it on both of them.

Why?

Very simple! For me 7 days is not worth all of the troubles. I got some medical issues that result in a almost literal moving house in stuff needing to be schlept along, loads of arrangements to be made ahead. I only cruise from ports in my own country, which results in more 7 day options than longer. When you combine my personal likes and dislikes, medical issues I need to take into consideration etc. many times you end up with 7 days. That's why I love the type of scheduling of HAL. They tick all my boxes, yet I can turn that 7 day into a 14 day with different ports or even 21, 28 etc days with different ports. Yes, it does mean one day spent back in embarkation port, but that is a bonus for me to. It's the hometown of my best friend, who in normal life I might easily not see irl for longer than a year due to the distances, health etc. Because of these itineraries I now have a day in her town, she blocks her agenda for me and HAL offers me the option to spend the day with her onboard. Perfect!!!!!

For this year I had planned on a 14 day itinerary to the Northcape (specific 14 day, so no collectors voyage). Unfort. some issues came up leading me to reschedule. For this trip Norway was a priority, as was at least 14 days, so ended up booking the 14 day collectors voyage. Almost the same as last year, but plenty still to do and see in port, but also less 'must see this' because I've been there and thus time to relax. These collectors voyages have so much benefits for my likes, wants and needs in cruising it was a nobrainer to do it again.

Same Cabin?

Yes and yes. Obviously, when remembering that huge schlepping of medical stuff. Even more obvious when you realise they have to change so much around in the stateroom it is almost literally remodelling. Changing ship or stateroom is too much of a pain.

What are the Benefits?

Depends per line and sometimes even per itinerary. With HAL when being able to book a B2B as a collectors voyage there are some benefits. Lower price is one of them. Getting a tote bag in a different style than normally handed out. Getting a free dinner at pinnacle grill (one of the premium restaurants), specialty lunch at turn around day, invitation to captains mingle etc. Reports have varied, some of those onboard perks seem to vary, personally had them all as did everybody I talked to about this that sailed the same ship.

Being able to reserve premium dining, entertainment, spa stuff, you name it for that 2nd itinerary onboard during that 1st itinerary long before your fellow sailers (or most anyway) are even onboard.

Other benefits; ship empty to 'myself' on turnaround day with no need to deal with reboarding, customs or alike (obviously depends on port authority)