If O could sail to......: new itineraries/ports

cbb

A few years ago Don Horner and some of the other regulars posted their wish lists of new places they'd like to sail to. Mr FDR entered into the spirit of it and even began a contest.....ahhhh, the good old days.

So, I thought I'd do the same in hopes that someone in the Miami office would see the thread and think...."hmmm, not a bad idea to sail into xyz port"...(and I'm not requesting a contest)

-I'd love for O to circumnavigate Japan--2020?

My TA has put down a deposit for us in '19 for a Celebrity cruise that does and says it is a very popular cruise because we got one of the last mid ship veranda cabins. (Mr. Wonderful needs a mid ship cabin or I'm miserable)

- Also repeat the offer of Santiago to Miami--again, 2020?

We'd fly in early and take a flight to Easter Island so we would be sure to see it rather than depend on luck to get us there by ship.

Cape Town to London via St Helena with an overnight in St Helena. I’d book that without telling Marital Unit and ride the wave til he calmed down about it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

we were on ATW16 and 8 of us proposed this change to itinerary '19 --which didn't happen:

turn right out of Miami, go to Cuba, then through Canal and turn left and go to Lima, Santiago, Easter Island then head to Polynesia, continue with rest of '17 itinerary until we got to UK; go up coast and then over to Iceland, Greenland, into New'land, into Canada, down east coast of US and back to Miami.

We were politely heard by an O rep on board Insignia but nothing changed....heck, we even made a power pt presentation!

Understand for marketing purposes why a port call in LA is necessary but Hawaii? I would wager that most people signing up for ATW have been to Hawaii and it isn't a high priority for them.

Several more heard of our proposed itinerary and said "hey....we'll sign up for that on board....today!"

Understand for marketing purposes why a port call in LA is necessary but Hawaii? I would wager that most people signing up for ATW have been to Hawaii and it isn't a high priority for them.

Maybe a service call

fill up on fuel, more food empty the tanks ;)

One cruise with Algiers, Tangiers, Gilbraltor, Casablanca, Canary Island , Madeira, Tunis, and Malta. Don’t care where is starts and stops, just give me the ports! Oh! And don’t be jerks and run it in the dead of Summer! Late October to early November will work .

Antarctica;

Norway => British Isles => Galicia/Portugal => Morocco => Canaries/Azores => Brazil => South Georgia => Buenos Aires.

Come one, come all.

Count me in. An interesting proposal for South America. For Norway & the British Isles to work, it would need to be June through (maybe) early September start sail date, I don't think South America is usually visited during their winter months by the cruise industry. But I just checked the average temp, and it's 50's - 60's during the day. Fine by me....

Maybe a service call

fill up on fuel, more food empty the tanks ;)

Exactly.

Amateur Itinerary writers, and I include myself in that category, need to consider the urgent requirements of four or five hundred Passengers who each consider themselves to have "spent the earth" to be pampered.

I.E. Thank you Miss, but I believe that I asked for Kellogg's Corn Flakes.

Good idea C - we can dream :)

1 Northwest passage - Greenland to Alaska (or v.v.)

2 Sydney (or NZ) - PNG - Solomons - Palau - Yap - Guam - Saipan - Iwo Jima - Okinawa - Tokyo (maybe throw in Kiribati & Nauru :D)

Some WWII veterans or WWII historians would like that one.

I also like the idea of St. Helena and South Georgia visits.

Send one of the O class ships to circumnavigate South America, with maybe a sail-by of Antarctica. Lord know they could sail full.

Many years ago we did that on a P&O ship which I think was slightly smaller than the O class ships, left Southampton in January so hit America early February.

Absolutely amazing trip, seas a touch choppy round the bottom but weather wise great. However the Carnival rep on board for this first try at the itinerary said they would not repeat it due to cost and lack of interest from their core customer base. They had to have a P&O captain with ice experience in addition to an ice pilot and an IATA rep to ensure we didn't breach any rules (which are now even stronger regards what fuel they can carry let alone use in Antarctica).

And lots of the passengers were on the World Cruise which is what they did each year, hadn't even brought coats because it's SouthAmerica and it's warm there isn't it!

we were told that LA stop was for marketing --California passengers embark there rather than having to fly to Miami.

did you see that the new ATW itineraries can start in NYC, Miami, and LA?

Paulchili....i'm with you on the WWII island hopping cruise! (I taught HS seniors a semester class on WWII- 1st year offered I had 22 students for 1 class and 3 years later when I retired I had 3 classes of over 30 each....kids loved the subject)

Diamond Princess has been doing the circumnav of Japan for quite some time, I guess....and also popular.

TA thought after years on O that we'd be happiest with X, although i remain hopeful that O will do it sometime.

I'd think their R class would be a natural fit with some of the ports.....

Diamond Princess has been doing the circumnav of Japan for quite some time, I guess....and also popular.

TA thought after years on O that we'd be happiest with X, although i remain hopeful that O will do it sometime.

I'd think their R class would be a natural fit with some of the ports.....

We did a B2B2B with the Diamond Princess. The itinerary was great, the cruise unusual in the sense that it was bilingual with a very large Japanese clientele (also many Chinese cruisers). The ship was refitted for the Far East market. They have a real Japanese spa and an excellent sushi restaurant for the Japanese clients. The bathrooms had Japanese toilets - we changed ours to "regular" :D

2 voyages I would love would be:

Start in San Diego, down the coast through central America to Panama City, then head to French Polynesia. Continue across the Pacific stopping just about every port possible heading towards Vanuata and Papua New Guinea before heading down the coast of Australia to Sydney. There would be no Hawaii or New Zealand. Would be around 45 days. Could be done in reverse order.

Second is to start in Barcelona and circle Africa returning to Barcelona. Would include just about any port available on mainland Africa plus islands like Madeira, Canary Islands, Reunion Island, Mauritius and Madagascar. Cape Town would be a 3 day stop. This would take 60-70 days and could be 2 segments.

we were told that LA stop was for marketing --California passengers embark there rather than having to fly to Miami.

Although NYC is closest to us, we think NYC-Miami will be a cold and possibly rough sail in January. Miami is next closest, but we've already done a Florida-Calif panama canal cruise. So, we decided to start the 2019 RTW cruise in LA.